Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Mine started leaking again today, juice on the bottom of the base and my mods pin base. Not impressed.
    This is just a thought, but the Dog is so forgiving with wicking that I just push the wick in the slots compacting it maybe a little to much but it's so forgiving it just works. I also did this with the True and I think that might have been part of my problem with leaking on the first go around with this tank. Later today I'm going to rewick the True and leave the wick a little less compacted in the wicking slots. I don't know if you did the same as I did but I think the wick needs to be very fluffy in the slots to prevent oversaturation of the wicks. This is just a thought. I'm going to try this later.

oplholik

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2011
    San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
    This is just a thought, but the Dog is so forgiving with wicking that I just push the wick in the slots compacting it maybe a little to much but it's so forgiving it just works. I also did this with the True and I think that might have been part of my problem with leaking on the first go around with this tank. Later today I'm going to rewick the True and leave the wick a little less compacted in the wicking slots. I don't know if you did the same as I did but I think the wick needs to be very fluffy in the slots to prevent oversaturation of the wicks. This is just a thought. I'm going to try this later.

My solution to the leaking, so far, is just the opposite of your solution. I trimmed the tails so they fit flush in the grooves. Go figure.

Rockford

ECF Veteran
    Nov 21, 2018
    BC Canada
    That's not good news.

Okay just took it completely apart, including air flow ring, there is a white o-ring under it and not replacement for that one, so I took it off and re-seated it. Also trimmed the wicks and made sure they were not touching the base at all. So far working like a dream now, just hope it doesn't leak anymore.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    You may have something there - makes me wonder: what id are you guys using on your coils? I do 2mm, because I found it the best for the doggy. And I never thin, fluff, etc. Of course, larger dia means more wick in the channels. But wicking the True is just a little different. When I rebuilt the doggy, the remaining juice in the channel let me easily just tuck it in. With the True, I have to put a couple of drops on the wick before tucking it in there to make it stay in place. So maybe the True isn't quite as forgiving on wick size as the doggy? Looking at AngeNZ's pics, you can see the channels are shaped a little different.
    upload_2019-1-13_10-50-19.png

Rockford

ECF Veteran
    Nov 21, 2018
    BC Canada
    You may have something there - makes me wonder: what id are you guys using on your coils? I do 2mm, because I found it the best for the doggy. And I never thin, fluff, etc. Of course, larger dia means more wick in the channels. But wicking the True is just a little different. When I rebuilt the doggy, the remaining juice in the channel let me easily just tuck it in. With the True, I have to put a couple of drops on the wick before tucking it in there to make it stay in place. So maybe the True isn't quite as forgiving on wick size as the doggy? Looking at AngeNZ's pics, you can see the channels are shaped a little different.
    View attachment 791877

I've used 2 and 2.5 mm coils, didn't really make any difference, but this time I used 2.5 and thinned & fluffed the wick quit a bit. I do same as you, put some drops on the ends and just tuck in the channel, but yes the channel on the True looks a fair bit smaller than the doggy.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Everything is working great on the tank so I just refilled again , and again, I can't put this down. :)
    It really is different, isn't it? Hard to imagine how solid a vape it is until you try it. What flavor do you vape in it?

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Gonna order one next week. It better not replace my doggys or I'll be grumpy

;)

Thank you FT, for the credits. Thank YOU, Enablers, as one more True is going to hit the streets of SoCal. Wow, I'm surprised I did so, as I love my ARFS.

Good luck to moi and the Ange.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread