Camel's new ecigarette the Vuse...have you tried it yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Probably not something that experienced vapers would not touch except for reviewers or the curious. I would not expect much from them. But lots of first time vapers might try um. I just hope the crap quality will not keep people from exploring the better vamping options.
Just another line of cigalikes

ECF is where "those in the know" hang out!

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I agree with Warhawk. It's just another disposable and won't even come close to delivering the experience we're capable of getting out of our devices.

We're not the target market for the Vuse, the Blu, njoy King, Mistic or Fin. That's why we're disappointed in the performance and battery life of these things. Current smokers are the target market. More specifically, RJR's target market are smokers who use their own as well as their competitors' analogs.

A smoker will pick up one of these things and try to vape it like he/she smokes. Maybe 10-12 drags and put it down. Come back an hour or two later, do it again. In that usage scenario, they're really not bad. But once you really cross over to the Vape Side and and begin expecting the Vuse to perform like a well paired Ego/Evod setup, they fail and fail miserably.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
Now now, let's not be too hard on the Marlboro man. He's so rugged and all-American. You can trust him. LOL.

pretty sure the Marlboro Man from the commercials died from lung cancer. if I remember correctly, while on a shoot he was surprised to find none of the execs were smokers themselves.

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
why would you suggest anyone even try it?

RJR is actively spreading lobbying money around congress to limit online sales, "loose juice" and other vaping options

do not give you money to the enemy

There is an advantage of putting it head to head with other cigalikes not owned by the scum might help smokers who try them know there are better things out there. Might get ones who do like them explore other options and give their money to the legit vaping companies not to BIgT. A lot of vapers still start with cigalikes letting them know the gas station ones are a joke still serves a purpose, the best way to do that is lay it all out in the light of day.

But outside of that no Big T is an enemy and we should not freely give them any money.

Ch!pDasRipp3r

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2013
Pennsylvania
why would you suggest anyone even try it?

RJR is actively spreading lobbying money around congress to limit online sales, "loose juice" and other vaping options

do not give you money to the enemy

While I agree not to give money to the enemy, I believe they can't only ban ecigs from one provider.
The BT corporations jumping on the ecig bandwagon may help us in the long run. If BT is doing it and getting its nut, and the government/ FDA isn't stepping in, it might be a stepping stone to an overall acceptance.
I understand this could backfire, and create a monopoly of BT ecig products, but it could help as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
While I agree not to give money to the enemy, I believe they can't only ban ecigs from one provider.
The BT corporations jumping on the ecig bandwagon may help us in the long run. If BT is doing it and getting its nut, and the government/ FDA isn't stepping in, it might be a stepping stone to an overall acceptance.
I understand this could backfire, and create a monopoly of BT ecig products, but it could help as well!

Careful newbie, that kind of talk can really upset some people. I spoke like this (actually still do sometimes) when I first joined and I think one member still has me on ignore, lol.

My stupidity drove me to smoke for 20 years, not tobacco companies. I have no problem taking personal responsibility for what I did. I wasn't tricked or fooled into smoking or continuing to smoke. They provided a product I enjoyed and probably still would enjoy, if it weren't dangerous.

Rational talk is not fitting for the internet, lol.

Okay, being serious - I have tried a few disposables and I don't expect the vuse to be any different except the proprietary connection on the "system". Imagine if the big tobacco companies released a cigarette that would only work with a special lighter they sell. That product would fail quick.

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
pretty sure the Marlboro Man from the commercials died from lung cancer. if I remember correctly, while on a shoot he was surprised to find none of the execs were smokers themselves.

Which Marlboro Man? There was more than one. The original wasn't even the cowboy we now associate with the campaign and there was more than one cowboy.

Ryan1888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
Glasgow
As much as this may be controversial or rub a few of you guys the wrong way, I would try it. Just because I really did enjoy Camel cigarettes. That is not in the slightest me supporting BT but is probably due to my curiosity and nostalgia of when I still smoked. I know I'm not the only one out there that still remembers from time to time how enjoyable we once found tobacco cigarettes.

On a happier note - my Reo arrived a few days ago.

Tony Spectacular

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2013
Philadelphia
In contrast to most posters here, I really want big tobacco to put out a quality product and get lots of business. None of it will be from me, and I won't recommend it to people, but the more money that they make in this industry, the more of their lobbying power will go towards keeping our beloved juice and mods legal and affordable. That said, hell no I haven't tried it. I use quality components and delicious juice from independent companies.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
In contrast to most posters here, I really want big tobacco to put out a quality product and get lots of business. None of it will be from me, and I won't recommend it to people, but the more money that they make in this industry, the more of their lobbying power will go towards keeping our beloved juice and mods legal and affordable. That said, hell no I haven't tried it. I use quality components and delicious juice from independent companies.

Tony, I have to disagree, respectfully.

BT, while getting into the e-cig business, has also actively been fighting independent e-cig supplies. Many of the possible FDA regulation scenarios, for example, greatly favor BT, and could completely kill all the independent products out there.

BT is hedging their bets 3 ways:
1. Pushing for restrictions on online sales and nic juice (products they do not intend to sell)
2. Creating products very similar to cigarettes, where consumers need to constantly replenish their expensive supplies
3. Popularizing crappy products to disenchant the general public with the e-cig concept.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Tony, I have to disagree, respectfully.

BT, while getting into the e-cig business, has also actively been fighting independent e-cig supplies. Many of the possible FDA regulation scenarios, for example, greatly favor BT, and could completely kill all the independent products out there.

BT is hedging their bets 3 ways:
1. Pushing for restrictions on online sales and nic juice (products they do not intend to sell)
2. Creating products very similar to cigarettes, where consumers need to constantly replenish their expensive supplies
3. Popularizing crappy products to disenchant the general public with the e-cig concept.

No. 2 I agree with, because that's the model that's been so successful for so many decades.

I disagree with No. 1 because future FDA regulation will only be enforceable on the products currently being made or planned by tobacco companies. There's no way in bloody hell that a ban on liquid nicotine sales, PG, VG or flavorings could be enforced without sending other larger industries into an even worse spiral.

I disagree with No. 3 because that's not just good business sense. They see a market that is exploding at the expense of their traditional products. They know the score--cigarette smoking is at historical lows and still declining. A part of the reason why is the electronic cigarette and they want some of the action.

I don't think any decent business is so stubborn as to think that spreading crappy products in a market that's already established will drive users back to the very reason the market is thriving the way it is. That would be a waste of millions in R&D, production and marketing costs. The shareholders would have their heads on a plate for pursuing such a stupid business model.

And FWIW, I don't care who makes a quality product. If it does what I want it do and it's being sold at a reasonable price, I'll probably buy it. Agendas are not my glass of beer, so to speak.

NiNi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Paulden, Arizona
Which Marlboro Man? There was more than one. The original wasn't even the cowboy we now associate with the campaign and there was more than one cowboy.

One of the last "Marlboro" men died of AIDS about 19 years ago, he was my father's partner. He had quit smoking years prior, my dad couldn't tolerate smokers. Just a bit of FYI.

And, somewhere, I have a few thousand Camel Bucks that I never traded in.......grrrrrrr! So you could say, "Camels, been there, done that, got the lighter, t-shirt, backpack, coffee cup, shot glasses.........nix the bumper sticker and tattoo". :glare:

There's a lot of "Turkish" blend liquids out there, but nothing will ever come close without "flamage". :evil: I just stay from tobacco flavors 'cause after 33 years of smoking, I don't need anything to "trip my switch", and BT got enough of my money. And, like was said above, could you really TRUST what they put in a cig-a-like? I don't believe for a second that it would be JUST PG/VG, nic extract, and flavor.:2c:

dwarfcat

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Grand Rapids MI
One of the last "Marlboro" men died of AIDS about 19 years ago, he was my father's partner. He had quit smoking years prior, my dad couldn't tolerate smokers. Just a bit of FYI.

And, somewhere, I have a few thousand Camel Bucks that I never traded in.......grrrrrrr! So you could say, "Camels, been there, done that, got the lighter, t-shirt, backpack, coffee cup, shot glasses.........nix the bumper sticker and tattoo". :glare:

There's a lot of "Turkish" blend liquids out there, but nothing will ever come close without "flamage". :evil: I just stay from tobacco flavors 'cause after 33 years of smoking, I don't need anything to "trip my switch", and BT got enough of my money. And, like was said above, could you really TRUST what they put in a cig-a-like? I don't believe for a second that it would be JUST PG/VG, nic extract, and flavor.:2c:

Care to share more info on this interesting and possibly misread or misinterpreted bit of info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread