can any1 guide me on the strength of e-liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mafig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
malaysia
ai.php

can any1 answer me this question i pose?...if the strength i used is 18mg and i vaped 1 ml of e-liquid..it's 18 mg of nicotine i inhaled?..i know in analog per stick is 1.1 mg,so i am 20 sticks smoker..that is 22 mg of nicotine intake..is that right?..currently i used 18 mg strength and no more than 1 ml of e-liquid per day,i vape..so i within my nicotine intake if i was on analog be4,but without the 4000 impurities and bad substances associated with analog..am i correct in saying that?..thanks for all who reply..regards mafig

Last edited:

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
That's approximately correct. 18mg means that there's 18mg of nicotine in every milliliter of liquid. Some of that will be lost during the vaporization process but not much...I don't know if anyone has exact figures on the rate of loss but, again, it shouldn't be much.

If you're on 18 and only do 1 ml per day, I think you're in a pretty good ballpark.

vert1276

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2011
seattle
ai.php

can any1 answer me this question i pose?...if the strength i used is 18mg and i vaped 1 ml of e-liquid..it's 18 mg of nicotine i inhaled?..i know in analog per stick is 1.1 mg,so i am 20 sticks smoker..that is 22 mg of nicotine intake..is that right?..currently i used 18 mg strength and no more than 1 ml of e-liquid per day,i vape..so i within my nicotine intake if i was on analog be4,but without the 4000 impurities and bad substances associated with analog..am i correct in saying that?..thanks for all who reply..regards mafig

Well is a long and tricky answer LOL. An analog In the US(depending on the brand) contain somewhere between 10 and 25mg of nicotine. Now the ABSORPTION rates really depends on how healthy you lungs are and how long you hold in the smoke. But on the side of the pack it will tell you the nic level. Lets say for example it says 1.6mg, like I said before this is NOT how much nic is in the cigarette(that cig probably has somewhere around 16 to 20mg of nic in it) is is how much the company thinks a AVERAGE smoker will absorb based on the filter and chemicals like ammonia that are added to help absorption. They get the 1.6mg from a "puffer machine"(so its kinda just an average) becasue everyone lungs are different and everyone holds in a "drag" different lengths of time.

Now according to who you believe the absorption rate on vaping is somewhere between 10% and 30%(and trust me there are thread on here where vets think its lower than that. Especially with an all VG juice becasue its not as good of a carrier as PG, this is why PG is used in inhalers). SO if you vape 1 lm(close to 20 drops) of 18mg nic juice you are getting between 1.8 to 5.4mg of nic. so if you smoke lites that had close to .8mg of nic then you are getting somewhere between 2 to 6 analogs per ml vaped at a nic strength of 18mg(someone double check my math lol) Of course this all depends on your absorption rate, and how healthy your lungs are ect ect. And Im a firm believer that the 10% to 30% is accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread