Can Anyone Help me to Work Out my Nic Strength?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyRoyRoy

Oct 3, 2018
Espana
Hi,

So, here's the deal:cool:

I'm a returning vaper. When I was vaping before, I used to buy the small bottles of readymixed liquid and after a lot of experimentation, settled on a strength of 6mg:thumb: which I used for about a year.

I'm back to vaping again but this time I'm mixing the liquid myself. The problem I have is that I can't work out what nicotine strength I am using. I have used a few online calculators but I just can't get my head around them and I usually get an answer telling me that I have done something wrong with the measurements:-x, and it's really getting on my .....

So, at the moment the formula I am using is:
VG - 1 ml
PG - 2 ml
(Both zero nicotine)

Flavor 1.1 ml (added at 20% as directed)

Nicotine 2.5 ml
The nicotine bottle is made by Supervape and is called nicomax. It's rated 20MG/ML and it also says on the label 20/80. I think that this is the PG/VG mix but it doesn't say. If it is, I'm guessing it is 80% VG because it is very thick.

Gradually I want to reduce the nicotine amount to zero in my vapes but that's not easy to do if I don't know what my current nic strength is.

Can anybody help, please?

Roy

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
Final volume is 5.6 ml. 2.5 ml is 20 mg/ml nic. Final is 8.9 mg/ml. Someone else can double check my math. I've only had one cup of coffee so far.

6.6 mL , but as early as it is, close enough, lol. Still going to be around 8mg.

To the OP, since you have 20mg/mL, it might be easier in a calculator if you set up to do 10mL batches.

RoyRoyRoy

Oct 3, 2018
Espana
Many thanks for the super quick replies!
So it's around the 8mg mark. I'm pleased about that, I was a bit worried someone was going to tell me I was in self-destruct territory.
I'll have another try with an online calculator using a 10m batch setting.
Can I ask, how did you end up with a figure of about 8mg using the total liquid amount and the 2.5 nicotine mix figure? What is the calculation?

Thanks again.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Many thanks for the super quick replies!
So it's around the 8mg mark. I'm pleased about that, I was a bit worried someone was going to tell me I was in self-destruct territory.
I'll have another try with an online calculator using a 10m batch setting.

Thanks again.

I find EjuiceMeUp to be an easy juice mixer app to understand. You might try it. It's a fill in the blanks and hit calculate kind of process.

eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... The problem I have is that I can't work out what nicotine strength I am using. I have used a few online calculators but I just can't get my head around them and I usually get an answer telling me that I have done something wrong with the measurements:-x, and it's really getting on my .....

Hi Roy. Welcome to the ECF.

When you see mg/ml for the Nicotine Level, what it is saying is the Total Amount of Nicotine divided by the Total Amount of Millimeters.

From your Recipe, you have 2.5ml of 20mg/ml Nicotine Base. So your Total Nicotine is 2.5 x 20 = 50mg of Nicotine.

And the Total Amount of Milliliters in the Mix is 6.6ml

So if you Plug these Values into the Total Amount of Nicotine divided by the Total Amount of Millimeters formula, you can find the mg/ml of your mix.

=> 50mg / 6.6ml = 7.58mg/ml

So you're just a Tad Higher than the 6mg/ml level you said you have used before.

UpNorth

Sep 3, 2018
Tundra, Minnesota
Forgive me if I am wrong but do you not need a final desired vg/pg ratio to use a juice calculator?
at 10ml batch at 70/30 vg to pg (purple being the flavor)
vape%20calc_zpsmxwzjzh1.jpg

Reactions: stols001

RoyRoyRoy

Oct 3, 2018
Espana
Hi Roy. Welcome to the ECF.

When you see mg/ml for the Nicotine Level, what it is saying is the Total Amount of Nicotine divided by the Total Amount of Millimeters.

From your Recipe, you have 2.5ml of 20mg/ml Nicotine Base. So your Total Nicotine is 2.5 x 20 = 50mg of Nicotine.

And the Total Amount of Milliliters in the Mix is 6.6ml

So if you Plug these Values into the Total Amount of Nicotine divided by the Total Amount of Millimeters formula, you can find the mg/ml of your mix.

=> 50mg / 6.6ml = 7.58mg/ml

So you're just a Tad Higher than the 6mg/ml level you said you have used before.

Marvellous. NOW i've got it, finally. Thank you zoiDman and everybody else for their input.

Much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread