Can I bum a.......wick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
I've had a few people insist that my statement that I vape 65 mg/ml juice is a lie. I usually offer a puff. As you say, after they quit coughing and gagging (and in one case turning green and losing the entire contents of their stomach) they usually allow that I might not have been lying.

So basically you vape nic base with flavor lol... nice!!!

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
So basically you vape nic base with flavor lol... nice!!!
No, I actually don't use any flavorings. I suspect that flavorings might be the most dangerous thing about vaping. (And, yes, I basically vape nic base, although I actually blend two different nic bases to get my final formula.)

3vilpsychos

Oct 19, 2017
Thank you for the read. It's now all too common that shop employees and owners around here believe they know it all and barely know anything viable.

I've been told that they have gotten fresh coils in?? The shop I actually like, the owner told me there was only 4 bottom feeding RDA on the market, told me efest are the BEST batteries for mechanical mods... The list goes on. I only buy wire locally and until these shops stop selling things @double mark-up, and hire intelligent employees I refuse to spend my money there. And I've got very little to spend in the first place.

I have tried to get jobs there but they won't have it. They hate seeing me in the store because I think they feel threatened by my knowledge. I don't know if all, but I do my homework. I love researching what I love doing. Im passionate

I had to help the manager rebuild an RDTA that he sold someone promising to rebuild once a week for $13 as apposed to expensive aspire coils. I rebuilt it, showed the poor lady that coil are very easy and her to good drop in tank. She had no business using an rdta. He built it and I suspect did not get the got spots or out before wicking because she came in and one of the coils had fused and melted. Ugh. This has to end.

These shop owners would be lucky to have anyone so interested that they are on forums like we all are. We are a dying breed. They need to realize this.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Reactions: KC0YNU

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
<snip>
We are a dying breed.
<snip>

Naw; it's the folks who haven't found their way from smoking to vaping who are dying.

{kidding} Good point about the general level of understanding at vape shops. The exceptions seem to be the folks who really know their stuff, but only have one perspective: cloud chasing. It would be nice if the shops had someone on staff who knew how to help smokers quit - smokers from the 10-a-day guy who just needs that last little edge, to the folks like me that were burning up to 80 a day and dipping a can of snus along with them. I had to find my own way (no vape shops then).

Paul Burfoot

Jan 28, 2018
Burton on Trent
Never had anyone come up to me in the street but at work I get asked for juice ,coils and wick all the time. I have even been asked for loan of a battery a few times. (which reminds me I still have one out on loan) I think its because I have enough gear with me to last all week and the other vapers there take there mod a full tank and nothing else. They also know I'll always help out so they just got lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread