Can someone explain how to roll a cotton wick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjgotgame24

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
North Jersey
Sometimes I see pics of people with solid pieces of cotton like this one. Is that just cotton from a cotton ball thats rolled up?
It looks really dense and basically the only time I can get cotton into my coils is if its micro and I thread it in. Would really like to do it in this method, seems like it can hold a lot of juice.

etazubeq.jpg

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Sometimes I see pics of people with solid pieces of cotton like this one. Is that just cotton from a cotton ball thats rolled up?
It looks really dense and basically the only time I can get cotton into my coils is if its micro and I thread it in. Would really like to do it in this method, seems like it can hold a lot of juice.

etazubeq.jpg

Bro, that's a pic of one of my builds from like a year ago :) it's CVS pharmacy sterile rolled cotton.

I still use the same cotton but Doing it differently these days. Here's a vid :)
http://youtu.be/BP_iwf_gTew

fjgotgame24

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
North Jersey
Bro, that's a pic of one of my builds from like a year ago :) it's CVS pharmacy sterile rolled cotton.

I still use the same cotton but Doing it differently these days. Here's a vid :)
Micro Coils 101 - Part Three - Wicking And Vaping - YouTube
Unflavored nic? Whats that taste like? Thanks for the vid I appreciate it, but after watching it I realized the cotton was a lot smaller than I thought. On the pic it looks as if the cotton is super big for some reason, like bigger then 3mm ekowool, but yea you guys are right about having too much cotton. I think maybe some kind of quad coil build might be able to handle a lot of juice though because the heat will be spread out and you wouldnt have to rely on just 2 coils to get the work done. But even then I cant seem to think of a solution, maybe quad vertical coils and wrap it like you would in a chimney build? Or quad nano dragon? Hmmm...

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Unflavored nic? Whats that taste like? Thanks for the vid I appreciate it, but after watching it I realized the cotton was a lot smaller than I thought. On the pic it looks as if the cotton is super big for some reason, like bigger then 3mm ekowool, but yea you guys are right about having too much cotton. I think maybe some kind of quad coil build might be able to handle a lot of juice though because the heat will be spread out and you wouldnt have to rely on just 2 coils to get the work done. But even then I cant seem to think of a solution, maybe quad vertical coils and wrap it like you would in a chimney build? Or quad nano dragon? Hmmm...

Yeah, in that pic the cotton and coil were huge. I switched to micro coils shortly after that.

Unflavored nic base is an insanely satisfying, bland vape that produces great clouds too. It reminds me of what I remember about Marlboro lights. It's important to get it in high VG ratio (70% VG or higher) or it will not be nearly as good. I get it from wizard labs my freedom smokes.

ph0kused

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA

etazubeq.jpg

Hey Guys I'm gonna try this out...

Biowick 100% Organic Cotton Wick - Eciggity

Organic cotton wick, no need for boiling, ready to go right out of the package, 3MM thick - I think they make some 2mm also...

Looks pricey, but I'm all about convenience.

Anyone tried this? Or something similar?

fjgotgame24

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
North Jersey

Organic cotton wick, no need for boiling, ready to go right out of the package, 3MM thick - I think they make some 2mm also...

Negative...you know what I actually did the other day, I stuffed cotton into my 2mm ekowool. You open it up like you would when you use it as a sleeve for a peice of mesh or ss cable, but instead you just take small bits of cotton and slowly stuff it in with a syringe tip. It kinda ends up looking like a snake when they eat something bigger than them, it gets all fat and bulky. I definitely noticed an improvement in how much juice it holds, but the task of stuffing ekowool with cotton little by little is so annoying. Also you cant dry burn it cause of the cotton. My torch isnt working right now, (cheap pos) so I cant torch the ekowool at the moment but once I can Ill probably take another shot at it. Maybe do like 3-5 feet of ekowool, its going to suck biggg timeee

I just buy Rite Aid sterile rolled cotton. IMO it has a better consistency than CVS (CVS rolled seems to have litte cotton pills in it), and it is easy to work with. No need to boil or condition sterile cotton. I spent $6 for enough cotton to last me a couple years, EASILY, and I am constantly swapping out wicks and playing with different set ups. It is so simple to set up a wick it makes no sense to spend money otherwise. You can play with density easily enough. Just watch a few videos, you can get a rough ideal of how to roll it, and unlike a prewrapped wick, you can adjust it to your taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread