Can this be fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingrex00

Dec 14, 2018
6F33BE72-2ACD-4DA1-B98B-F0DDD223A6C3.jpeg
Hey again so my rta couldn’t come off of my mod so I tried to use pliers to get it off and this happened, I’d like to know can I fix this or is it trash? Thanks

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
Not impossible to repair but it's just wasting more time honestly. Just get a new one.

I advise not to pry them with anything really especially when hot or even warm. Metal expands at warmer temps so it's normal for them to be a PITA to take apart when warm. Next time you encounter this, just remove the atty from the MOD and run cold water from the tap and then you should be able to take them apart easily. Or just let them cool down normally if you're not in a hurry...

• Agree
Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thanks everyone for the advice, I’ll use it as a lesson learned. As I need to buy a new RTA do you have any suggestions for the best one to get? I had the geekvape Zeus dual RTA.
So DL RTA with dual coils.
Really the Zeus is supposed to be pretty good. Any of the hybrid rta/rdtas are supposed to work well.

I’m a single coil guy myself. I can recommend the aromamizer plus as it works quite well in both single coil and dual coil if you can deal with a 30mm tank. It’s really quite large. Vapes great though and the 10ml capacity is handy. I believe there are smaller versions but I haven’t tried them.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
This would be the only tool I'd trust to use on an atomizer. You'd probably need two of them to effectively twist the sections. I use the waffle pad version for grip. I hae a pack of them in my vape cabinet for that purpose.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Culinary-Edge-Jar-Opener/728198575

1301237d-1f4d-4025-b5eb-2bc5450a5c96_1.4589213ad53a579bb7adca94fed46807.jpeg

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/13...th=undefined&odnHeight=undefined&odnBg=ffffff

d7f1300c-f155-4e66-9001-1fc5856dbca6_1.9a5c764f77e63a474d2e5e639043cea3.jpeg
I like the look of that tool. Just might buy some. Not that useful now of course but it’s better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Reactions: Kingrex00

Kingrex00

Dec 14, 2018
So DL RTA with dual coils.
Really the Zeus is supposed to be pretty good. Any of the hybrid rta/rdtas are supposed to work well.

I’m a single coil guy myself. I can recommend the aromamizer plus as it works quite well in both single coil and dual coil if you can deal with a 30mm tank. It’s really quite large. Vapes great though and the 10ml capacity is handy. I believe there are smaller versions but I haven’t tried them.

Sounds good yeah I just checked and none of the vape stores near me carry the aromamizer, so I’m guessing I’ll stick with the Zeus. I only had it for 2 days before I broke it so I don’t think I got to experience it fully yet. Thanks!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Sounds good yeah I just checked and none of the vape stores near me carry the aromamizer, so I’m guessing I’ll stick with the Zeus. I only had it for 2 days before I broke it so I don’t think I got to experience it fully yet. Thanks!
Yeah. It’s pretty much mail order only. All the really big tanks are. They will only fit on some mods. They’re too big for a lot of them which I suspect is a headache a vape store doesn’t want to bother with. I use one on an original ageis and it works great. It’s so big it makes the ageis look less hulking. Definitely a not for everybody tank. GL with your new Zeus though. :). No pliers next time though.

• Love
Reactions: Kingrex00

Kingrex00

Dec 14, 2018
Yeah. It’s pretty much mail order only. All the really big tanks are. They will only fit on some mods. They’re too big for a lot of them which I suspect is a headache a vape store doesn’t want to bother with. I use one on an original ageis and it works great. It’s so big it makes the ageis look less hulking. Definitely a not for everybody tank. GL with your new Zeus though. :). No pliers next time though.

Thanks a lot! And yeah for sure no pliers haha, I’ll have to remember not to screw the Zeus in too tight at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread