Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Nope... well not really anyway. The bases can be “frozen” partially because they don’t actually freeze in a freezer. The problem is the flavorings. If you freeze them there’s a very good chance they won’t taste the same. Flavorings have all sorts of other chemicals in them and there’s no telling what freezing would do to any one of them.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Nope... well not really anyway. The bases can be “frozen” partially because they don’t actually freeze in a freezer. The problem is the flavorings. If you freeze them there’s a very good chance they won’t taste the same. Flavorings have all sorts of other chemicals in them and there’s no telling what freezing would do to any one of them.

The reason I asked is many who DYI store their PG and VG and I would assume their is a shelf life for most chemicals.

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
My frozen juice is all 70 PG 30 VG
The pg/VG content doesn’t matter. It’s the particular contents of the particular flavoring used. You could freeze any unflavored juice, refrigerate the flavoring separately, and then combine them when needed. If the particular flavoring in question WILL accept freezing you could freeze it mixes without problems.

I unfortunately do not know which flavorings can withstand a freezer and which cant

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The reason I asked is many who DYI store their PG and VG and I would assume their is a shelf life for most chemicals.
Afaik PG and VG have quite long stable shelf lives. The ingredient that doesnt is unprotonated nicotine.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I started freezing my juice around six years ago, based on the recommendation of a juice manufacturer. I have my freezer organized so the oldest stuff is always the next in line.

I routinely pull out bottles that are anywhere from two to five years old, depending on the juice. The only thing in common is that, after letting them sit for about a day, they look and taste pretty much perfect.

IF the information I have is accurate, cold does have a separating effect on juice, but it's corrected once it returns to room temp, and is shaken well. All of my juices range from 50-80% PG.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I started freezing my juice around six years ago, based on the recommendation of a juice manufacturer. I have my freezer organized so the oldest stuff is always the next in line.

I routinely pull out bottles that are anywhere from two to five years old, depending on the juice. The only thing in common is that, after letting them sit for about a day, they look and taste pretty much perfect.

IF the information I have is accurate, cold does have a separating effect on juice, but it's corrected once it returns to room temp, and is shaken well. All of my juices range from 50-80% PG.
Were there any statements on which flavorings to use?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Were there any statements on which flavorings to use?

No, but I was buying his juice at the time. I store apple, orange, lemon, tobacco, Dr. Pepper...(thinking)...

Cotton Candy....

That may be it - and flavorless. The above mentioned ones are all pre-mixed (vendor), and are all fine as long as I let them sit for a day, then shake the sheet out of them.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
No, but I was buying his juice at the time. I store apple, orange, lemon, tobacco, Dr. Pepper...(thinking)...

Cotton Candy....

That may be it - and flavorless. The above mentioned ones are all pre-mixed (vendor), and are all fine as long as I let them sit for a day, then shake the sheet out of them.

Lava Flow! How could I forget that one. :facepalm:

Reactions: Katdarling

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm using 100mg. 100%PG from freezer storage (December 2016). 30 ml. bottles. I notice no degrading as of pepper tasting or discolor. Not sure if the strength has degraded; I don't notice any loss in mg..

Strength degradation is minimal (and likely unnoticeable). A source that I have confidence in stated the following, regarding degradation (of the nic):

"At -20C very very small (1-2% over six years). At -60C less than 1% over six years."

I'm using a bottle of nic from 2013, and I've noticed none. It may be there, but not to the point that it's impacting me.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State

Did you freeze them sealed in the plastic bottles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread