Canadian Importing Laws?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexxy

Jan 11, 2016
Hi there I recently ordered a KangerTech subbox Mini Kit off of myfreedomsmokes.com which is shipping from the US to Canada. The order I placed contains nothing with nicotine, only the kit itself and a battery. What are the chances it will be stopped and/or seized by customs? If it does clear customs does the postal service require proof of age when delivering the parcel or do they just drop it in your mailbox? The only reason I ask this is because I won't be able to receive the parcel myself as I will be out of town. If anyone could answer that would be great! Thanks.

Lori2014

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2014
Hi there I recently ordered a KangerTech subbox Mini Kit off of myfreedomsmokes.com which is shipping from the US to Canada. The order I placed contains nothing with nicotine, only the kit itself and a battery. What are the chances it will be stopped and/or seized by customs? If it does clear customs does the postal service require proof of age when delivering the parcel or do they just drop it in your mailbox? The only reason I ask this is because I won't be able to receive the parcel myself as I will be out of town. If anyone could answer that would be great! Thanks.
Hi,

I've place half a dozen orders with US companies (no nicotine), and have had no problems or border hold-ups at all. As I understand it, the problem is with nicotine, because Health Canada treats it as a drug ... as such, it cannot be imported by consumers. As far as I know, it is only (some) provinces who treat e-cigs as tobacco products (and thus age-restricted), not the federal government, so it would seem as if there is no reason for the postal service to treat our orders as different from other cross-border orders.

I have seen posts on ECF about not shipping batteries, but I have no information on what is behind that. I've had batteries sent to me cross-border without incident.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Hardware is fine and generally passes muster without issue when it hits the border.

E-Liquid, on the other hand, stands a risk of being seized if found.
Yeap, I haven't had any seized but they did test for nicotine, I had 3 flavors one of them being absinthe, they took their testing strip dunked it in the absinthe, then the same strip into the two other flavors ruining everything, I got the juice but it was ruined...

=(

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Not good I was carded today just to try a sample in Ontario... funny part is the ID is past its due date but the guy didn't catch on!! :) I'm 27 and there's an off chance I wont be able to get my juice!! :(
Trust me the older you get the more you'll like getting carded lol....

It's not an insult it's a compliment :p

Reactions: LaraC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread