• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Canada Customs is outright lying now, but backs away QUICK when called on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
Hmm, I guess it does not apply to el cheapo Xpresspost?

"There is no information available for this item.
Tracking by Canada Post is not a feature for this product."

I got the same message from my order with got vapes, made the wait for the eternity seem like .... well... an eternity :)

gmypc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
GTA, ON
is it from the USA?

Yup - $14 for shipping and handling as opposed to $25 provape normally charges.

I got the same message from my order with got vapes, made the wait for the eternity seem like .... well... an eternity :)

Yup, but I'd rather wait than not get my stuff :)

My buddies goodies got snagged by custys today... Contained nic but damn :mad:

Sorry to hear that - I was hoping that the Christmas rush would let more through... hope all of our packages gets through :(

So without tracking, we wouldn't know what customs is doing?

Last edited:

Whoust

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2012
Canada
Yup - $14 for shipping and handling as opposed to $25 provape normally charges.

Yup, but I'd rather wait than not get my stuff :)

Sorry to hear that - I was hoping that the Christmas rush would let more through... hope mine gets through :(

So without tracking, we wouldn't know what customs is doing?

I hope all of ours gets through... It is Monday though, maybe that ...... off worker was feeling extra aggressive... Hopefully we get the ...... off teenager on Friday that just wants to go home and get hammered

tgrsaint

Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Canada
I'd be "very" surprised if, in this entire vaping community, we don't have a few well-informed Lawyers in both, Canada & the US.

My point? I'm "pretty sure" that since both Nations have Constitutionally "declared" & "committed-to" The Rule of Law… we have a "forever" loophole (not a loophole actually, more like a Constitutionally-protected "right"). Would prefer not to do the research myself, so I'm suggesting we start a "Calling All Vaping Lawyers, Judges, & Law Professors" thread.

There is a "very" strong probability that if the package carries an open declaration that it is both shipped & received under Constitutionally protected rights… & under inherent jurisdiction ONLY… the package becomes "untouchable". We must be prepared, initially, however (won't happen too often) to prosecute violating individuals (that would be individual living persons, not "Officers") to the full extent available to us under Civil Law (which is still "The People's Law)… we would sue the individual person (regardless of whether he/she was wearing a uniform at the time) for financial damages, punitive damages (for violating the Constitution), & emotional "stress/distress" &, of course, for these ridiculous recent-years extra-billing term they call "Court Costs" (this is an "already payed" organization, as it is a Government Body).

We would undoubtedly win… as they "document everything" , & the documentation becomes our "evidence". A bit "tedious"… but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take many cases & they'd "leave-it-alone"… for a long list of reasons. ALL men & ALL women have a "forever" right to trade with one another… "privately" without Government interference; & there are many examples in "case law" where this object fact has already been "proven" (in all countries sharing roots in British Common Law & sworn to uphold those rights).

So… who's gonna start the thread?

Whoust

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2012
Canada
I'd be "very" surprised if, in this entire vaping community, we don't have a few well-informed Lawyers in both, Canada & the US.

My point? I'm "pretty sure" that since both Nations have Constitutionally "declared" & "committed-to" The Rule of Law… we have a "forever" loophole (not a loophole actually, more like a Constitutionally-protected "right"). Would prefer not to do the research myself, so I'm suggesting we start a "Calling All Vaping Lawyers, Judges, & Law Professors" thread.

There is a "very" strong probability that if the package carries an open declaration that it is both shipped & received under Constitutionally protected rights… & under inherent jurisdiction ONLY… the package becomes "untouchable". We must be prepared, initially, however (won't happen too often) to prosecute violating individuals (that would be individual living persons, not "Officers") to the full extent available to us under Civil Law (which is still "The People's Law)… we would sue the individual person (regardless of whether he/she was wearing a uniform at the time) for financial damages, punitive damages (for violating the Constitution), & emotional "stress/distress" &, of course, for these ridiculous recent-years extra-billing term they call "Court Costs" (this is an "already payed" organization, as it is a Government Body).

We would undoubtedly win… as they "document everything" , & the documentation becomes our "evidence". A bit "tedious"… but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take many cases & they'd "leave-it-alone"… for a long list of reasons. ALL men & ALL women have a "forever" right to trade with one another… "privately" without Government interference; & there are many examples in "case law" where this object fact has already been "proven" (in all countries sharing roots in British Common Law & sworn to uphold those rights).

Im not too sure what you mean here, you're saying that legally our mail shouldn't be investigated?

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada

I don't understand, where would one draw the line? For nic juices, it seems benign enough, but wouldn't that "loophole" if as legal and untouchable as you say HAVE to have restrictions? what if I was having really BAD stuff sent to me by mail? When does the safety of public and the security of a nation trump this loophole? I'm confused and a bit skeptical... but interested.

Really hoping a legal professional weighs in here...

Royaldrunker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2012
Vancouver
your talking about a banned product importing into canada regulated by health canada and has informed customs of this, there are loop holes but shipping from a us supplier of nic ejuice to canada is just askiing for ypour goods to get siezed..

im sorry this is quite new now and wont change in the very near future, only get worse

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
Most of the stuff gets to the buyers ,,, there is a slight risk when you order ecig stuff from the USA, China, etc it might get returned or worse case held and destroyed by customs. For a no risk order, get your product from Canadian vendors only.

To date, products I have ordered from the US & China I have received. In two cases, the packages were inspected by CC (for both packages the order was nic juice).

The debate about the legality of ecigs and our constitutional right to vape has been going on since the dawn of the human race. Seriously, I recall responding to the same type of threads 3+ years ago on the ECF Canada Forum. Until this issue is addressed in the House of Commons nothing will change.

About 2 years ago we bombarded our MPs with e-mails and letters encouraging the MPs to change/review the decision of HC in regards to ecigs ... Some of us got a response which just amounted to the usual political status quo BS.

As long as we have vendors we will get our stuff.

tgrsaint

Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Canada
(chuckle)... a number of Canadians have recently (& lawfully) "withdrawn their consent to be Governed". Explanation & Instruction is available online (for free) & on YouTube. These individuals now carry on their day to day affairs subject only to Common Law "unless" there are some facts or evidence to prove beyond any doubt that they are (or have) directly done violence to some other person (not including self-preservation). It is "legal" & "lawful" to file such papers into the Public Record after which such papers must be treated just as any other "Act" which law-abiding men have "created". It is not necessary to go "so far", but the very fact that one "can" do so is all the evidence you need. There are only two articles in the Constitution that you need to be deeply familiar with (available online) the first identifies the Canadian Constitution as "the highest Law in Canada" (no exceptions), & the second states that any legislated "Statutes" which do not comply & remain consistent with the Constitution shall be "of no force or effect"; add these two to your complaint (if someone has violated your inalienable rights (i.e. theft of your property regardless of the Uniform) or your Charter rights (as interpreted by pure reason) & you will "win" each & every time (or damned well know the reason why not).

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
well this started a little over a month ago with customs since health canada put in the new regs.. expect your e juice containing nic to not reach your home if they flag it

What new "new regs" ? Do you have any source for this ? This is the first time I've heard of anything changing since 2009.

tgrsaint

Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Canada
I believe I stated earlier, that there is "plenty" of case Law available in any Law Library to show us that when two "Natural Persons" choose to establish a trade agreement between themselves... the Canadian Government has precisely "zero" authority in the matter; this would only apply, however, if the goods in your box were entirely for your own personal use & not for resale (possible harm to someone who "does" want their Government to babysit their personal activities). The reason you don't hear much about your inalienable rights, your Charter Rights, your Civil Rights, your Human Rights, your rights as a Natural Person is that, 1) at the root level, they are self-evident (see Black's Law Dictionary) & 2) as your Government has already Publicly stated, it's not "their job" to inform you as to your personal Dominion over your own actions & choices; these two Countries are both "Free"... if we repeatedly trust schoolyard bullies to forego using the power we give them in favour of respecting individual rights we're going to be (as now) repeatedly disappointed. You're supposed to be vigilant & informed as to your own empowerments... it's your own responsibility to protect your freedom... & the Law will help you do that, no question, 'cause the Law "always" cuts-both-ways. Both Canada & the USA are ordinary Corporations with no more "real" authority to tell people what they can & can't do than General Motors, Ford Motors, General Electric etc.... why the heck do you think you're a "voter"(?).... it's because you're a "shareholder"... that is the purpose of issuing your Birth Certificate; it's the Corporate "Instrument" that proves your Corporate "claims"... (which no one ever shows up to collect & enforce... including me; but then, I don't give a hoot about all that stuff.... just like to "understand" things, not necessarily "do" anything about it).

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
I've read all about that "sovereign person" stuff, and to be honest, I read enough to become confused, overwhelmed, angry, more confused, a little hopeless, and to finally feel quite unequal to the task of understanding it well enough to reap any real benefit from it. I guess I'm not quite qualified to be Grand Poobah of my own sovereign dominion. Lol..... but if you can make it work to get nic and hardware over the border with no hassle, then please, feel free to break it down into small words I can understand and be sure to speak slowly. 'Cos I'd love to know how to take care of business and have Health Canada mind theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread