• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Canada Customs is outright lying now, but backs away QUICK when called on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I've read all about that "sovereign person" stuff, and to be honest, I read enough to become confused, overwhelmed, angry, more confused, a little hopeless, and to finally feel quite unequal to the task of understanding it well enough to reap any real benefit from it. I guess I'm not quite qualified to be Grand Poobah of my own sovereign dominion. Lol..... but if you can make it work to get nic and hardware over the border with no hassle, then please, feel free to break it down into small words I can understand and be sure to speak slowly. 'Cos I'd love to know how to take care of business and have Health Canada mind theirs.

petoria2.png

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
I am not going to bother saying what is needed to get your nic through customs (as i have done countless times before) but as i enjoy the 18mg nic bottles my wonderful sent up to me through UPS (not USPS) and cleared customs each and evertytime with no issue, i am going to leave you with two of my prescriptions :D

First, here is one issues to me...Constantine:
View attachment 161804

and now one for me with a different user name for somewhere else
View attachment 161805 for your protection of mental scaring i have blacked out the naughty bits

I tell you people....the Doctor me and Ian go see.....well...the doc just rocks!

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
alchemist I would like to challenge your statement and a widespread misunderstanding of the Health Canada position.

Electronic smoking products (i.e., electronic products for the vaporization and administration of inhaled doses of nicotine including electronic cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos and pipes, as well as cartridges of nicotine solutions and related products) fall within the scope of the Food and Drugs Act. All of these products require market authorization prior to being imported, advertised or sold in Canada. Market authorization is granted by Health Canada following successful review of scientific evidence demonstrating safety, quality and efficacy with respect to the intended purpose of the health product. This evidence is provided by the sponsor seeking market authorization. To date, no electronic smoking product has been authorized for sale by Health Canada.

To All Persons Interested in Importing, Advertising or Selling Electronic Smoking Products in Canada - Health Canada Notice 2009-03-27

I had the same problem with my ZAP being delayed in Customs for 42 days, the thread is some where below. During the course of the incarceration of my device I spoke first with Customs who said they referred the package to Health Canada for inspection and to Health Canada directly.

If you read the web page carefully you would be forgiven for being confused because Health Canada is unclear as to what the context in which our devices require approval. I submit that that the ONLY instance that our devices can be "returned to sender" is if the said device is presented as a "health product" because they would require approval as a "health product".

From the above referenced Health Canada web site:

Electronic smoking products (i.e., electronic products for the vaporization and administration of inhaled doses of nicotine including electronic cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos and pipes, as well as cartridges of nicotine solutions and related products) fall within the scope of the Food and Drugs Act. All of these products require market authorization prior to being imported, advertised or sold in Canada. Market authorization is granted by Health Canada following successful review of scientific evidence demonstrating safety, quality and efficacy with respect to the intended purpose of the health product. This evidence is provided by the sponsor seeking market authorization. To date, no electronic smoking product has been authorized for sale by Health Canada.

In my numerous conversations with Health Canada Inspections people at the Mississauga facility (one of 3 in Canada) they attempted to get me to admit that I was using it as a health product or a smoking cessation device. I denied this vehemently stating that it was purely for recreational purposes and neither I or the manufacturer made any such claims. We are not importing health products!!!

You've got to wonder how the Chinese are importing, in comparative terms, the vast quantities of vaping gear without so much as an inventory slowdown for Canadian suppliers.

In conclusion, as long as our devices are NOT presented as "health products" they DO NOT REQUIRE APPROVAL / "Market Authorization" by Health Canada.

tgrsaint

Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Canada
In conclusion, as long as our devices are NOT presented as "health products" they DO NOT REQUIRE APPROVAL / "Market Authorization" by Health Canada.[/QUOTE]

Oh... Ok.... then, So, if I'm OK with "clearing this up" from time to time, when my own personal devices have been detained, then I don't really have to bother with a Cease & Desist followed up with a proper lawful action seeking the corresponding "Court Order";

Well... I may just "let it go" then, & deal with each situation in turn if/when it comes up.

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
Oh... Ok.... then, So, if I'm OK with "clearing this up" from time to time, when my own personal devices have been detained, then I don't really have to bother with a Cease & Desist followed up with a proper lawful action seeking the corresponding "Court Order";

Well... I may just "let it go" then, & deal with each situation in turn if/when it comes up.

Tris its not all bad. I'd rather have to deal with the occasional delay knowing my rights so that I can not be oppressed and knowing that the scum bags out there that would take advantage of an open door have to run the gauntlet of an inspection system.

But you are right we have to know our rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread