Cannabis Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
The dopers shoulda stayed old skool. Much less trouble.

upload_2019-9-12_10-30-38.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: fiddleshe

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
One more followup on my CBD vaping experience: There was a certain 'sense' of calm that I associated with it. It wasn't as much so as to be a feeling...just a subtile mental sense.

I guess I should investigate to find the thread/forum specifically dealing with CBD.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
One more followup on my CBD vaping experience: There was a certain 'sense' of calm that I associated with it. It wasn't as much so as to be a feeling...just a subtile mental sense.

I guess I should investigate to find the thread/forum specifically dealing with CBD.
I don't know if we have one yet but it sure seems necessary. There's so much confusion about hemp based CBD versus cannabis. We've been using sublingual CBD for a number of months, full spectrum for me and isolate for my wife. It's made a big difference in our pain levels daily.

It's sad many people don't know the difference and I'm hoping ECF helps more people get useful objective information.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I don't know if we have one yet but it sure seems necessary. There's so much confusion about hemp based CBD versus cannabis. We've been using sublingual CBD for a number of months, full spectrum for me and isolate for my wife. It's made a big difference in our pain levels daily.

It's sad many people don't know the difference and I'm hoping ECF helps more people get useful objective information.
Here is a link to the new forum itself: General Cannabis Discussion

And here's a link to the CBD thread: CBD what is it and how to use ?

@Cool_Breeze :)

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
One thing I learned early on at ECF was not to vape oils.

Another thing I learned from my dermatologist, when I had personal care products allergies/sensitivity patch testing. Turns out I was not allergic to some of the laboratory-created ingredients that some people are supposedly so afraid of; but to a few actual "organic essential oils". From this I learned that organic natural doesn't mean "safe for me".

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
I Don't know where you are Getting All this stuff from? Or maybe you Haven't been keeping up on Current Events.

But when it comes to e-Cigarettes, Be Careful what You Wish for. Because You just Might Get It.
I've been 'keeping up'. Not sure exactly what you are speaking to. To me it's simply common sense to regulate something that is taxed. It's even more common sense considering how large the community has gotten over the years.

Not everything that claims made in {place country here} is actually made in said country. Possibly mixed, not always the main ingredients, and certainly not always manufactured in clean environments.

Lets not forget the supply chain. Never underestimate the strange things people come up with when it comes to maximizing profits.

Speaking to this THC vaping trend, people extracting on their back porch because they watched a youtube video, never bothering to understand the procedure to decarboxylate or remove residual solvents. Nice.
I don't use it, have not in many , many years, not bothered by it either way, I might at some point, instead of getting hooked on some trashy chemical to possible distract from future ailments. And when I do, I'll stay with the flower.

Or hell, don't regulate any of it, and reap the benefits of that. Where do you draw the line?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I've been 'keeping up'. Not sure exactly what you are speaking to. To me it's simply common sense to regulate something that is taxed. It's even more common sense considering how large the community has gotten over the years.

Not everything that claims made in {place country here} is actually made in said country. Possibly mixed, not always the main ingredients, and certainly not always manufactured in clean environments.

Lets not forget the supply chain. Never underestimate the strange things people come up with when it comes to maximizing profits.

Speaking to this THC vaping trend, people extracting on their back porch because they watched a youtube video, never bothering to understand the procedure to decarboxylate or remove residual solvents. Nice.
I don't use it, have not in many , many years, not bothered by it either way, I might at some point, instead of getting hooked on some trashy chemical to possible distract from future ailments. And when I do, I'll stay with the flower.

Or hell, don't regulate any of it, and reap the benefits of that. Where do you draw the line?

I Don't think most Reasonable e-Cigarette users are going to argue with You about Reasonable Regulations.

But If you think what the FDA is doing to the e-Cigarettes Market is Reasonable, then I think we are Done Here.

jcash74

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
MN
Glad yall are doing this classy, I've probably butted heads with you once or twice over the years on this topic but I've always felt the inability to discuss this wasn't helping anyone. I just hope it makes a difference bc it's a mess out there.

Personally I do smoke herb & have recreationally all my life, I never drink, take drugs or any of that so it's just thc, caffeine & nicotine for me... Where I live it is decriminalized and can be delivered to your door like a pizza, & I won't say I don't use it recreationally but I've found it to help immensely with both my back injury (enabled me to get off addictive pain meds) & helps with my insomnia (I use indica heavy hybrids). They have the cartridges here but due to the price and lack of information on strain etc. I've never personally tried one or wanted to, so I have no insight on that. I use an atomizer / mod that basically combusts ground up flower slowly at low heat which is as close as I've probably come to vaping herb. I do, however have a lot of experience with combusting it including in atomizers & would be happy to answer any questions on what devices to use.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I would like to know more on the atties used for combustible.

• Agree
Reactions: Sloth Tonight

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
[...]

But If you think what the FDA is doing to the e-Cigarettes Market is Reasonable, then I think we are Done Here.
Last time I tried to get 'juice' , I ordered online, time before that I went into a vape shop, no problems getting any devices or liquids.
Googling for vape shops shows millions of opportunities. Driving down the streets , vape shops on all corners. I do a lot of traveling, I see shops pinned everywhere.

What I do not do, is get fired up about reading auxesis threats made by alphabet soup organizations , which are not publicly elected peoples. In my country, it takes legislation.

I do appreciate the President of the USA saying "we'll take a look at it" ; 'it' as in what has infiltrated this massive industry, because if we do not, then it will fail on that alone. This hyperbole of banning all flavors is just that, it would destroy the industry, and torch hella tax revenue, not going to happen. It will be regulated, as it should be.

I've been listening to this tripe for a decade, watched people having conniption fits over pure speculation. I chose to act when necessary, not react.

edit: Something else here, this brings me back to when we started this thing, we literally bought liquid nicotine, (of course you can still access these raw ingredients easily) PG, and VG, mixed them up with Lorannes flavors. Then we found other companies that had some very high end extractions and concoctions. It was on at that point.

IF for some reason, flavors are banned, what do you all think we will do then? Thats right, buy a premix unflavored, and source flavors. Simple. This is not hard.

Last edited:
Reactions: smacuser

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Silly question from an old guy long out of the loop. The old fashioned smokeable cannabis, is it leaves or flowers? I remember calling it leaves, but I keep seeing flower used, and can't tell if it's a euphemism or the correct term
The correct term is flower. The leaves can be used for various things but it's not usually what people are smoking or vaping.

• Useful
Reactions: Eskie

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I also remember buds. Is that out of favor now too? (I feel like I'm trying to keep up with PC terms to not offend anyone)
Buds/flower are interchangeable in this context. I hear both quite frequently. I also hear "nugs" used a lot. I typically refer to it as either bud or flower. The dispensary I have been going to lately labels their products as just "flower."

• Useful
Reactions: Eskie

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
The Day After - That "man's" uninformed comments concerning the "Vaping" hysteria . . . .

An Interesting Article in Local Newspaper - Sun Sentinel - Money Section . . .

Vaping company expands as feds investigate lung disease
Boca Raton distributor Greenlane plans to open more stores this year

IMG_Vaping_Flavor_Bans-1_2_1_7K5SPH90.jpg

Efforts to ban flavored e-cigarettes and reduce their appeal to young consumers have sputtered under industry pressure this year. On Wednesday, the Trump Administration called for a ban on flavored e-cigarettes. (Robert F. Bukaty/AP )
BY MARCIA HEROUX POUNDS

As U.S. health officials put out an alert about severe lung disease associated with vaping, a vape distributor and marketer in Boca Raton is expanding.

Greenlane on Thursday announced an expansion of stores throughout North America, news that came just days after health officialsput out an alert saying they are investigating 215 possible cases of severe lung disease associated with vaping.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration also issued a warning letter to San Francisco-based Juul Labs, a well-known maker of vape pens, for marketing unauthorized tobacco products, including a presentation given to youth at a school.

Greenlane, a marketing partner to Juul, couldn’t be reached for comment Thursday on its expansion plan or connection with Juul.

On Wednesday, the Trump administration called for a ban on flavored e-cigarettes, citing the growing use by teenagers.

Juul put out a statement concerning the White House announcement: “We strongly agree with the need for aggressive category-wide action on flavored products. We will fully comply with the final FDA policy when effective.”

Greenlane Holdings, a global seller of cannabis accessories, CBD and liquid nicotine products, on Thursday announced an agreement with real estate company Jamestown for the strategic North American expansion of its Higher Standards stores.

Higher Standards, Greenlane’s retail store, opened a flagship store at New York City’s Chelsea Market (formerly owned by Jamestown) in 2017, followed by a store at Jamestown’s Ponce City Market in Atlanta in March 2019.

Greenlane expects to have four Higher Standards stores operating in North America by year’s end.

Staff writer Cindy Goodman contributed to this report.

Even - More interesting to me at least was learning, what the actual distributor Greenland Holdings makes & their retail stores sell, especially some of their products that compete with one and another. From what I can fathom, it seems some of these products will be available whether or not e-cig & "Vaping" e-liquid are banned. Besides "Who We Are"

"Greenlane (NASDAQ: GNLN) is one of the largest global sellers of premium cannabis accessories, CBD and liquid nicotine products."​

IMHO - Ya' really should check it out - "Brands We Own"/Brands We Distribute" sections too : Greenlane: Leading Distributor to Dispensaries & Smoke Shops

Ya just might have the same confusing reactions I did . . . :rolleyes: :blink: o_O :unsure: :confused: :shock: :closedeyes: :facepalm:

AlexEdler

Moved On
Jul 13, 2019
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Spammer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread