Cannot switch over to e-cigs completely

Status
Not open for further replies.

stl1969

May 24, 2012
St. Louis
Hello all. I just joined the forum today.

I've been using my V2 e-cig now for a couple of months. I actually love it, but I just can't break away from the regular cigs.

I buy my juices from Aromajuice.com and I just started the WTA x2, which I really like.

I noticed that the V2's aren't even listed in the product forums. Should I try some better equipment?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Maybe it just takes awhile to get completely off the cigs.

Roxxette

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2012
Caribbean
V2 products are fine and good , only reason to upgrade will be if you want to try other setups and of course 510 thread really open these world :)

What are the things that really drag you to smoke ? Old habits i guess ? (for me was that) moments whe used to enjoy with our friend the cig :) to be honest if you really want to quit just DO IT and try your best to skyp those " moments" and if you really need it wtf just light one not everyone can kill the habit cold turkey it all depends in your situation at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SpecialT

Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Blaine MN
Hi stl1969 and welcome to the forum.

I was in the same boat as you. I just passed the 9 week mark on Tuesday. I smoked analogs the whole time along with vaping. I haven't had an analog since Monday.

I found that if I had them I'd smoke them. I don't have any in the house right now and I don't really miss them. I guess maybe I've finally kicked them (I hope).

It does take some people a while. Don't worry about it too much. I went from 2 packs a day to 2 packs a week. That's really a big win right there.

My only suggestion is don't buy them and try not to think about them. One day you just won't want them anymore.

You'll get there.

CatLady007

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
FL Panhandle
Everybody is different, stl1969, so your quitting will be on your own timeline. As others have suggested, having a higher nic content can be very helpful--and remember, the nic absorption rate is slower with vaping. Try using your PV before you start jonesing for the nicotine. Maybe look for other liquids that are more satisfying, to keep you distracted from the smokes. Do you need another battery, so you're not without one during charging time? There are other very good 808 batts out there that don't cost nearly as much as the one's you're using.
And don't beat yourself up for having a smoke from time to time. Every one you don't smoke is a victory.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I think if one day you just tell your I want an analog voice that keeps hounding you, Later, we vape first, then later same answer, we vape first. See if you really want an analog after vaping first. You may find you really don't want one that bad. Always vape first at a higher nic levelwhen you get those cravings and see how how that works. bnrk

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Personal commitment plays a role

Ecigs are not a quit smoking device ... just an alternative
that many have used to help them stop smoking tobacco.

My sister now vapes and still smokes from time to time...
She used to smoke a pack a day and now smokes maybe 3 or 4
So... That's great ... but she feels a little guilty that she hasn't
given up smoking 100%

PS: Many here, just like you, vape and continue to smoke,
but smoke less because they found ecigs
:)

stl1969

May 24, 2012
St. Louis
Wow! Thanks for all the responses!

I'm on 12 mg. I tried 18 and it was really harsh. My analogs are Ultra Lights, so I don't think it's the nicotine. It's just being out and drinking with friends - that type of thing - it's like the analog is more satisfying somehow.

I think I just need to keep smoking both and just ween myself off the analogs.

Thanks again for all the responses!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
You're welcome. Maybe a good idea to take some WTA juice when partying. You could also mix equal parts 12 mg and 18 mg to get 15 mg. Maybe try 10 drops of 15 mg as a tester? Although I absolutely HATED menthol analogs I really enjoy it with my evening vape which is a lower mg than my daytime vape...menthol just seems to give that extra "kick". And like others have said as long as you've cut down on your analogs that's success in a HUGE way.
Good Luck and Happy Vaping.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona

I'm on 12 mg. I tried 18 and it was really harsh. My analogs are Ultra Lights, so I don't think it's the nicotine. It's just being out and drinking with friends - that type of thing - it's like the analog is more satisfying somehow.

Thanks again for all the responses!

18mg? I started with 24mg and still found it to be lite for my taste... I then switched to 36mg 100VG.... Now thats what Im talking about...satisfaction... Are you using PG based... VG is much smoother and at 36mg still gives you a TH and you nic fix....

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest

The reason why you say analogs seem to be more satisfying ...
is because they are. E-cigs only give ya some nicotine, vapor,
flavor, and the hand to mouth thing.

There's more in a cigarette than just nicotine ...
but that's another subject

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Scientists have concluded it takes 6- 12 months to "re wire" the brain in regards to smoking. That's the reason I will be quitting vaping 1 yr from my start date. Wife had/ has RSD and the pain clinic therapists explained that the brain had re wired itself in regards to the pain. Had to buy a Tens unit to help "un re wire" the brain in regards to pain. There's the physical addiction but also the physiological/ mental addiction IMO.

I tried a few e cigs before I found one that was as satisfying to me as a cigarette. In fact I had all but given up on e cigarettes, thinking they were not much good, until a friend of mine gave me a drag on his and I was amazed, bought one like his immediately and have never smoked a tobacco cig since. I use a titan 510, but I am sure there are other e cigs that are comparable. Dont give up giving up (if u know what i mean)

Mike36609

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
Mobile, AL
I started vaping this past November after having stents placed in my heart. I was a smoker for 30-plus years, with a pack a day habit; I loved smoking, lived for it sometimes, just didn’t want to die for it. I am now at the point that I smoke 2 to 3 analogs per day, and have turned the corner so that I actually prefer vaping over smoking. I will be smoke free just as soon as the last 10 or so analogs I have left are gone (stupid I know, that’s just the way I am). For the first time in my life I am confident of winning the battle to quit.

For many different reasons I could not have reached this point just using the e-cigs that were readily retail available (in my area anyway). They were/are grossly overpriced, the vaping experience is sub-par, the e-liquid is PG only, the taste sucks, etc. The secret to my success was the want to, and finding a suitable e-cig system – battery, carto/atty, juice, etc., and of course finding reliable online suppliers of all of these things. All of this takes some trial and error, and I did a lot of research utilizing ECF and other sources, to help me along the way.

Also, to help me quit smoking, I stopped buying my favorite brand and switched to the cheapest, worst, most foul analogs I could find.

In doing my research, I learned that some people have sensitivities to PG, I did too, sore throat, nose bleeds, and so on. But I stuck with it, and I learned about VG only juices, they work great for me. I learned that I needed to significantly increase my water intake – by the way, this helps with proper nasal/sinus function as well, my sinuses are better now than they have been in years. I learned that a lot of people experienced upper respiratory issues/complaints/concerns as they were switching from smoking to vaping, I did too. But, with patience and perseverance, I overcame each set back as it occurred, and I believe, most people can have this success as well.

I now have multiple juices that I love, and still finding new ones, I have multiple e-cigs and mods – 4081, 808D, 510, 3.7V box mod, and vv box mod. Each one of these has its own strengths and weaknesses. The 510 works the best, but carto quality can vary greatly. My 808 cartos have been the best – the air flow has been perfect on everyone I have used. The box mod goes all day with no problems, and the vv mod gives me an extra kick when I need it. My personal favorite, and the one that has helped me the most, is my auto 510 mega, with a 2.5 carto loaded with Boba’s Bounty or Blend 4 – with a just a touch of menthol, can’t beat it. As for nicotine, I started with 24mg juice, then 18mg, and now I am pretty much at the 11 to 12mg level. I should also mention that I have done all of this while spending much less money than I would have spent on analogs.

I take my e-cigs and/or mods everywhere I go, even when I go out drinking. At first I would take some analogs along with me, just one or two, for when the urge got too great. But lately, am only taking my e-cigs and/or mods with me, with the right e-cig and juice, it’s just as satisfying as an analog is, for me anyway. Most people are never going to notice, unless you point it out to them, which I always do by the way!

Hope this helps, if I can have this level of success, you can too.

Greykin

Verified Member
May 20, 2012
Arizona, USA
Personal commitment plays a role

Ecigs are not a quit smoking device ... just an alternative
that many have used to help them stop smoking tobacco...
:)

I agree with this. Vaping isn't a 1-to-1 replacement for smoking analogs. It provides a suitable simulacrum thereof, if the user is committed to quitting analogs. For many, the positive aspects of vaping overtake the differences given some time.

I never expected to quit smoking, I only tried e-cigs as a placesaver but they're so much better that it just happened gradually over a few months. Except I still have an analog or two if I'm out at a bar too. (That's not "self-control", more just makes me ill now.) It's totally not about the nicotine. Maybe it's the other chemicals, or nostalgia, or the ritual itself? I don't know, but if that was all the smoking I did before e-cigs I never would have considered myself a "smoker"! Anyway, don't beat yourself up over it. Everyone has vices, and yours have already become far less damaging than they used to be!

Jason McRoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2012
Tampa, FL
Even though so far I have only used the smaller e-cigs that feel more like an analog, I have come to the conclusion that vaping is a whole different thing in it's own right. While I do plan to switch over to vaping and not smoke analogs anymore, I still figure I am going to have some withdrawal symptoms when I officially switch over.

I figure it should be somewhat easier than quitting smoking altogether. Hooray!

-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread