Status
Not open for further replies.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Just a heads up…if you still find yourself struggling and want to quit. I think the best idea is to track how many stinkies you're smoking. I use an iPhone app and a google docs spreadsheet to also track how much money I'm saving by not smoking (for budgeting purposes) but a notepad works well.

That alone usually reduces people's smoking.

Also, having friends who are cool with you vaping while they're smoking helps.

I never intended to fully quit smoking cigarettes, and I did when I kind of just forgot cigarettes existed. It's been almost 2 weeks since my last and it's been about 2 months since I had more than 5 or 6 in a day (other than the 3 days when I didn't have juice). And I actually have a couple left in my old laptop bag. Somehow, I can't bring myself to throw it away……mostly because I know that if I get the urge to smoke one that's strong enough, I can have one of those 1 or 2 without spending money instead of buying a pack and then not feeling like wasting the other 19.

But I don't expect it to happen.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I think we lost stl1969, but if he's listening and wants throat hit, Halo Torque56 or Halo Prime15 might be what he's looking for. Either is just about as close to a cigarette as I've found. People talk about heavy throat hit, but it's more of a noticeable throat hit to me than heavy. Dekang DK-TAB is heavy in my book (and tasty). I haven't tried DK-TAB in a long time, but it knocked my socks off when I had some.

Come to think of it, there was a time when I was vaping mostly VG juices and just about anything 100% PG would knock my socks off. Now, after getting used to PG juices for the sake of using cartos, I haven't had my socks knocked off lately. Maybe it was just getting acclimated to PG that changed the TH.

Last edited:

martsumoto

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2012
Ecuador
www.liquivapejuice.com
My friend the only way to do it is to throw away your analogs and just satisfy the cravings with your ecig, whatever suits you best if the v2 aint enough get a better unit. Many people just cant cope with ecigs and its only because of poor gear and juices if you find something pleasent to your senses with enough strenght and TH plus vapor production you are set, good luck on your quest

acura tech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2012
florida
Totally know what u mean about drinkin, especially with all my smoking friends. What i do when i go out drinkin is bring 3 ego 650's loaded with my favorite juice. ill chain vape on one till it get hot and needs to wick a little put it in my pocket then bust out another for a while and so on. while my friend can only smoke one cigarette every so often im vapin all night long (i love chain vapin when im drunk). Really tho 3 egos fit in one pocket noprob with room to spare. Vapin is so much better and fun than smokin cigarettes and i dont mean better health wise but that to. I really like smoking cigarettes, inhaling big drags and whatnot, didnt want to stop ether but i dont care about all that, vapin taste so much better. its like smokin with so many options of flavor and taste I truly feel bad for my friends that they dont know how really and truly good its meant to be. IMO

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
It's the poisonous addictive chemicals in your analogs that are keeping you coming back. Increase your nic back to 18mg maybe even from a different source, possibly even look into getting an ego twist battery with a charger (around a 35 dollar investment) and look into a different carto, atomizer, clearomizer, tank system. Start with a brand new day, and if for example you don't smoke in your home, don't go outside for a day and just sit there and vape. Rent some movies. If you can smoke inside, then go somewhere you can't smoke inside and don't leave. Rent a smokefree hotel room, anything. Analogs are killing the crap out of you.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Here is a way my doctor recommends to people who can't let go of smoking completely...she vapes also. If you're still smoking 5 cigs a day, do that for one week, the next week only smoke 4, the next week 3...and so on. You gradually detox as you take in less chemicals and before you know it, you'll be completely smoke-free.

bebeau25

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
Tulsa OK
I kind of agree with your Dr. When I got my V2 kit I vaped for about a week and then decided I wanted an analog, so I had one. To put it plainly I never told myself that I couldn't have an analog. It took me about a 2 months to get rid of the pack of cigs that I had, and never bought or smoked one again. I just didn't want to. My thought was don't deprive my body of something that it was used to for 20 years. Same thing with caffeine, if I don't have a cup of coffee or a mt dew in the morning, at some point in the day I will get a pounding headache. A side effect of something my body is being deprived of after years of use. Better to slowly wean your body off of it. I could be wrong but it worked for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Cyrene

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Twin Lakes, WI
Here is a way my doctor recommends to people who can't let go of smoking completely...she vapes also. If you're still smoking 5 cigs a day, do that for one week, the next week only smoke 4, the next week 3...and so on. You gradually detox as you take in less chemicals and before you know it, you'll be completely smoke-free.

I have not been able to junk the analogs yet either, but I only smoked 3 yesterday. I'm thinking once my Ego gets here, I may not need 3. But I agree, I think I will need to detox from the analogs, as it is a 35 yr old habit, but so far, with vaping I have not been craving the analogs as much. I also didn't tell myself I couldn't have an analog, just found I didn't want them as much. I see myself quitting completely very soon, and this light at the end of the tunnel was never there for me until I tried vaping.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I'm not sure I could've quit analogs just with vaping. I was on nic patches and vaping to start but got a horrible rash from the patches. Even so, I think they helped me over the first hurdle. Another thing that has helped is this forum (thankyou peeps!). It got me interested in the whole subject, the ritual involved in vaping. A friend of mine has gone from 40 a day analogs to 4 a day since he started vaping- which is wonderful.

MikenGA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
Georgia
Good thread!

After 2 years with a weak cig-look-alike 510, I was unable to make the switch to vaping. But then, in September 2011 I bought an ego kit, and that did the trick - ALMOST. After 2 months, the craving for an analog was quite strong, regardless of nic level (24mg), so I tried WTA juice...and THAT did the TRICK for me!

I vaped WTA juice exclusively for about 2 months, then found I could taper off easily. I no longer 'chain vaped', and began to prefer lower nic levels. Currently, I'm down from 24mg to about 6mg most of the time. I still keep a supply of 12mg, 18mg, and a couple of 24mg liquids handy, but I also use 0mg from time to time.

I now can go for hours and hours without a vape and have no problem, but I have noticed the occasional vape every half hour or so HELPS lift the clouds of depression I sometimes feel. (I still use WTA juice occasionally, but it's no longer required for my success.)

Then again, having a sig (like mine below this post) that keeps track of how many SMOKE FREE DAYS I've gained is uplifting, too! PLUS, I'm keeping track of money NOT spent on analogs. As a result, if necessary, I can afford to buy whatever I WANT to keep me vaping - GUILT FREE! :D

Good luck to all...and be sure your hardware is powerful enough to do the job you need it to do! When THAT happens, you'll probably find the key to make vaping your preference. It happened for me, and I was able to drop a 32 year 2 PAD habit.

Thanks for all the great comments and support by the folks above!!! :thumbs:

hnyb0210

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
PA
I have not been able to junk the analogs yet either, but I only smoked 3 yesterday. I'm thinking once my Ego gets here, I may not need 3. But I agree, I think I will need to detox from the analogs, as it is a 35 yr old habit, but so far, with vaping I have not been craving the analogs as much. I also didn't tell myself I couldn't have an analog, just found I didn't want them as much. I see myself quitting completely very soon, and this light at the end of the tunnel was never there for me until I tried vaping.

Cyrene, sounds like you and me are just about in the same boat analog & craving-wise. I'm having almost precisely the same experience. I had 3 yesterday as well. I lit up #3 just before bed, and I'll tell you it made me so nauseous & dizzy all of a sudden. I took this as a good sign, and I too see myself quitting completely very, very soon. The more I vape, the more disgusting the analogs taste/smell. The other day I picked up the outside ashtray (hubby smokes analogs) and forced myself to take a great big whiff of it :blink: Wow, I couldn't believe how gross it smelled - I think I will repeat that exercise whenever I crave an analog.

froginblender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
hollywood, Fl.
Get an infinity pro...or buzz pro...it's variable voltage...from 3.6 to 5.6 volts...use any atomizer Low resistance or Standard (2.5) ohm...and turn the varivolt wheel to hit your sweet spot.
or get the new ego twist batteries...it goes up to 4.8 volts.

but any ego battery or whatever device your using...will be unreal with this clearomizer....best one i've ever tried...is just like vaping a 306 LR atty on my infinity pro.
Try it bro..you will be thanking me .

Twin coil @1.5 ohm 4.5 mil's of juice clearomizer

These are my other favorites of all time....over 2 yrs. vaping experience i'm giving you...
Vision Extreme’s - Black or Silver here: 3.5 ml or 2.5 ml
All of them here: Vision Clearomizers | 510 Clearomizers | E Cig Clearomizers

other items i love below:

1. 306 LR atomizer….@ 1.5 or 1.7 ohm
2. 510 tank twin coil clearomizer 4.5ml 1.5 ohm  (as good as 306 atomizer at 4.8 volts)!
Below are my going out vapes:
3. eGo Dual Coil 510 Tank Cartomizer - 3ml
4. EgO Dual Coil 1.5ohm Blank Cartomizers

hope i helped out some......please do yourself a favor...get a couple of all those items..and none are more the $4 bucks each!!

Hello all. I just joined the forum today.

I've been using my V2 e-cig now for a couple of months. I actually love it, but I just can't break away from the regular cigs.

I buy my juices from Aromajuice.com and I just started the WTA x2, which I really like.

I noticed that the V2's aren't even listed in the product forums. Should I try some better equipment?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Maybe it just takes awhile to get completely off the cigs.

Shizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2011
the burbs
i've been smoke-free for about 18 months now, and i *still* crave cigarettes at times...like NOW, for instance, lol -- seriously: when i start thinking about cigarettes, i want one. when i see someone smoking in a movie, i want one. when i smell cigarette smoke, i REALLY want one. but that's not all that often, really...the rest of the time, i'm perfectly content with my pv. :vapor:

btw, when i'm drinking? shockingly, that's not a problem anymore...no, i didn't stop drinking :laugh: -- i still imbibe heartily on a saturday night (speaking of which, it's saturday! :party:), but i don't crave cigs when i drink for some reason anymore...i just vape my freakin' brains out (sure, everybody says that...but i don't think most people understand what that means: when i'm out having fun, i can deplete 2 entire 1000mah ego batteries in under 5 hours. :ohmy:)

I also did not quit smoking regular cigs with my first e-cig which was a small stick battery. Then I found eGo C and the eGo Twist. After the eGo C (thanks to Flyer on this forum) I have not had a real cig since. It was a revelation. The eGo Twist with a clearomizer has given the greatest flavor and an awesome throat hit. Tried a regular cig and it doesn't compare to the eGo Twist, just do not want the regular cig any more! BUT, you guys that have at least cut down on real cigs, I have to hand it to you!!! I was not a smoker for 20 or 30 years. I do say what a feat and congrats!!! 2,4,6 a day is a victory over 2-3 packs a day!!! Keep vaping!

Vapture

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
eastern canada
try increasing the time between "smoking sessions" .... that will provide more recovery time from the previous cigarette, so you will become more sensitive to the effects. Getting to 8 hrs between smoking sessions is a good target. That's a long enough time that you would probably break other smoking cues as well.

Specifically thinking about allowing enough time for the carbon monoxide effect to be recovered ... although that may take 24 hrs.

Previous times I quit smoking, for exercise/fitness/competition reasons .. simply increasing time between smoking sessions over a short period of time was enough to eliminate the carbon monoxide problem and does lead to smoking cessation if you want it to.

If you're down to only one smoking session a day ... well ... just gotta stop at that point.

Nothing wrong with increasing nic levels for s short period of time if you think that will do it for you ... but ... nicotine isn't the only hook from smoking.

mdocks

Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Co Durham, UK
I'm almost there, i think its just a case of time more than anything mate. I still have 3 cigs a day, no more no less. One on my break at work, one after lunch then one in the car on the way home. Everything else is vaping, so its still a massive leap forward from my 40+ a day i was at just weeks ago, and i have no doubt that soon enough it'll be gone altogether

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread