Not open for further replies.

jonny2hottie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2010
Strong Beach, CALI
www.youtube.com
you just missed it. i had a provari up for sale a minute ago. its gone now.
i had 2 provari's, had over a dozen mods, and 1 original buzz. i can name a number of things to consider when you decide to choose:
1. the buzz has a wierd top cap. its not a recessed connection only useful if you were to get an 801 top cap. otherwise looks wierd with tanks.
2. provari has a digital display
3. the buzz uses a thumb wheel adjuster which i can foresee changing voltage in your pocket.
4. neither the buzz nor the provari has a useful catch cup, but the provari's serves as a better juice well incase the atty leaks out.
5. the button on the buzz is slightly recessed but tiny and may get uncomfortable, the provari isnt recessed but has yet to fire in my pocket and is always comfortable.
6. whats up with all the extra holes and screws showing on the buzz? it already has the bottom cap vent hole like the provari. both have screws that hold in the VV module at the top of the tube but the one on the provari is integrated into the display window making it look better.
7. it takes a little bit longer on the provari to change voltages especially in increments of .1, the buzz is just a slight turn of the wheel.
8. the construction of the provari is much better. makes it heavier but it feels solid.
9. the buzz uses 2 batteries stacked and can last maybe up to 12-14 hours. the provari runs on one single battery. if you get the new provape battery its 2500mAh. ive gone 2 days without changing it out.
10. need i say more??

jkoppk

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
hanover,PA.
I love my BuzzPro,quick turn of the wheel to find where your juice tastes the best,and it has no problem powering dual and triple coils at higher voltages like the Provari.It's tough too,I have dropped it several times.Once on concrete and the atty broke but it was fine.Customer service at Notcigs is hassle free and fast too if you ever do have a issue with it.I was once in the same boat as you and went with the BuzzPro and I do not regret it one bit.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Buzz Pro has dial adjust and you can change voltage immediately; say you are dripping and you want to start with higher voltage to get that first vape and as juice diminishes, you want to lower it as to get as many vapes as poss. before adding more juice, and not taste burnt. Helps minimize flooding...
Provari takes more time to adjust.
I have both... they both vape as good.

The Provari has a built in multi meter functions...; i like having batt check to see how much charge is left; what the resistance is of the atty.
You can change size with smaller 18490 batt or 18650.

It's great having both.

Robotfactory

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
San Jose, CA
i got my first buzz pro about 2 weeks ago. i love it. while the provari looks very nice, i found myself more interested in the buzz because i liked the idea of have the potentiometer to adjust the voltage instead of having to go through a menu system by clicking several times to get to a specific voltage.

i dont think the buzz pro looks weird with a tank. while i think tanks look "better" on a device such as a silver bullet or the provari due to the recessed atty connector, I don't really care. I want the thing to vape great, if it looks nice too thats a bonus, but it is by no means a high concern for me.

i dont think you can go wrong with either device, and each device has a strong follow of passionate enthusiasts. go with what you think you will like the most. worst case you dont like it, you can sell it with ease on the classifieds since they are both very popular mods.

joc3721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Colorado
Wow! Great info. I think I will start with the Buzz Pro. I watched the video on the ProVari and I'm not sure I would want to push that button all the time. For me it would be hard to learn the # of pushes for each function. I've got enough crap in my head at this point!

Thank you so much! I really helped me decide.

All you ultimately need to remember is 5 and 7. 5 to increase the voltage, 7 to decrease. Takes a few seconds. For the 1 or 2 times a day I adjust voltage, it's a non issue. Don't know anything about the buzz pro, I'm sure it's great. I have a provari, it's also great.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
you just missed it. i had a provari up for sale a minute ago. its gone now.
i had 2 provari's, had over a dozen mods, and 1 original buzz. i can name a number of things to consider when you decide to choose:
1. the buzz has a wierd top cap. its not a recessed connection only useful if you were to get an 801 top cap. otherwise looks wierd with tanks.
2. provari has a digital display
3. the buzz uses a thumb wheel adjuster which i can foresee changing voltage in your pocket.
4. neither the buzz nor the provari has a useful catch cup, but the provari's serves as a better juice well incase the atty leaks out.
5. the button on the buzz is slightly recessed but tiny and may get uncomfortable, the provari isnt recessed but has yet to fire in my pocket and is always comfortable.
6. whats up with all the extra holes and screws showing on the buzz? it already has the bottom cap vent hole like the provari. both have screws that hold in the VV module at the top of the tube but the one on the provari is integrated into the display window making it look better.
7. it takes a little bit longer on the provari to change voltages especially in increments of .1, the buzz is just a slight turn of the wheel.
8. the construction of the provari is much better. makes it heavier but it feels solid.
9. the buzz uses 2 batteries stacked and can last maybe up to 12-14 hours. the provari runs on one single battery. if you get the new provape battery its 2500mAh. ive gone 2 days without changing it out.
10. need i say more??

Aside from taste issues, the only weakness I can think of regarding the Buzz Pro is the pot used to adjust voltage. The possible issues would be wear and tear on the potentiometer or juice getting into the pot. This could render the unit non-functional or make precisely controlling the voltage difficult as the pot fails.

But that aside it's a formidable PV, with a different (and simpler) design philosophy than that of the Provari- which has it's own imperfections.

Between these two monsters it's basically a cost/features argument which will be different for every vaper.

I went Provari and love it. I'd give it a 50/50 I also buy a Buzz Pro at some point. *shrugg*

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
the Provari would be great for tanks imo... adjust your voltage and forget it; you will have consistent voltage throughout... that's what both provide, i know, but you will also have all the great multimeter functions.

the Buzz is great for dripping and changing up voltages quickly.

the Lava tube is interesting; imo it seems to be the first mass produced (china?) regulated variable volt; with LED readout... too. the pic i saw showed no drip well which is scary imo.... but may well be worth the money... CS, QC, etc ?

speedemon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Chicagoland
The provari is great button is not hard to push don't change the voltage that often.Don't forget you can also check the ohms of your cartos or attys i find this verry usefull.Also able to check your battery level also usefull.As far as the 2.5 amp limatation you no longer need to buy lr cartos/attys so not a problem get 2.0ohm up and your set.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
The difference is night and day. The provari boosts power from 3.7 to what you set it to. The buzz uses PWM to reduce the power to what you set it at. Also if you like messing with batteries all bay then the Provari is for you. I like vaping so I put batteries in and vape until tomorrow without worrying about my batteries going dead. The Buzz Pro will run any cartpo or atty you put on it, not the Provari and last but not least. You pay more for the Provari but you get less.

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
The difference is night and day. The provari boosts power from 3.7 to what you set it to. The buzz uses PWM to reduce the power to what you set it at. Also if you like messing with batteries all bay then the Provari is for you. I like vaping so I put batteries in and vape until tomorrow without worrying about my batteries going dead. The Buzz Pro will run any cartpo or atty you put on it, not the Provari and last but not least. You pay more for the Provari but you get less.

That is quite a misleading, and highly opinionated statement. It really depends on what you like. I will never use a dual coil. I couldn't care less about them. The Provari is excellent as long as you don't want high voltages on dual coils.

Also, I don't want a PV with an analog potentiometer. Analog potentiometers are a weak point and will fail significantly faster than its digital counterpart. (Which is the reason the Varivolt Saber Touch only has a 90 day warranty, while every other model gets a 5 year warranty)

And as far as batteries are concerned, the new Provari Power batteries are lasting most people ~2 days on a charge, save for the worst chain vapers.

That having been said, I am not saying the Buzz Pro isn't great, because I am sure it is. I just think that the Provari should not be made out to be severely crippled, when the truth of it is that it is just not made to perfectly suit your particular style. For my style, high voltage with 2.8-3ohm atomizers, the Provari is unsurpassed.

Last edited:

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
That is quite a misleading, and highly opinionated statement. It really depends on what you like. I will never use a dual coil. I couldn't care less about them. The Provari is excellent as long as you don't want high voltages on dual coils.

Also, I don't want a PV with an analog potentiometer. Analog potentiometers are a weak point and will fail significantly faster than its digital counterpart. (Which is the reason the Varivolt Saber Touch only has a 90 day warranty, while every other model gets a 5 year warranty)

And as far as batteries are concerned, the new Provari Power batteries are lasting most people ~2 days on a charge, save for the worst chain vapers.

That having been said, I am not saying the Buzz Pro isn't great, because I am sure it is. I just think that the Provari should not be made out to be severely crippled, when the truth of it is that it is just not made to perfectly suit your particular style. For my style, high voltage with 2.8-3ohm atomizers, the Provari is unsurpassed.

I'm going to try and not sound like a Provari fanboi because the Darwin and Buzz Pro are in the same "Best of class" category and are adaptable to many different user's needs. All of them are excellent.

Regarding dual coils: As I understand it moving up to a 1.7 ohm dual coil alleviates the dual coil issues people complain about on the Provari.

But the irony I get from threads like this is that all three of the "king of the hill" PVs basically vape rings around anything that came before. And comparing them by naming a winner is sort of impossible unless you want to nitpick based on extremely personal preferences.

I mean we can name the shortcomings of all three:

Provari: Can't handle 1.5 ohm dual coils

Darwin: Looks like a hockey stick and has a proprietary battery.

Buzz Pro: Uses a rheostat to control voltage through PWM. The rheostat being mechanical is a point of failure. rheostats do wear out and can be damaged by juice.

All three of the flaws are pretty minor. Especially when you consider some of the other systems on the market.

Pick the one that works for you.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
btw there are other regulated variable voltage pv's out there right now; just to clarify, that have similar vape quality and function though maybe different technology ... i wouldn't know, but i do know vape.

the SgtArmyTank bottom feeder (see thread), and Krimson Kustom which has a bottom feed are two nice examples at a lower price, not as sophisticated a production as they use batt boxes, but for the money, my Sgt is killer ( i have 2 provari's and a buzz pro ).
Also RedSky and Monkeybox are two custom wooden bottom feeders with regulated vv tech.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Or you keep both! rule #1: backups and more backups.
believe me; once you get into regulated VV, you are spoiled for anything else.
If you only have one, and it goes down for any reason, you will be sorry.
Get 'em both,use 'em for a month,sell the one you use the least.
you might lose a little money(i doubt it),you might break even,but you'll know which is best for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread