ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Seriously.

If you like pushing buttons the Provari is for you. Takes over ten button pushes and six seconds to turn it off. The instruction manual is about 16 pages. Here is one page.

The Infinity Pro works with ANY carto. The Provari only works with some.

On_off.jpg
the Buzz has its pluses and the Provari does too.
Some like the Buzz better and some the Provari.
seriously that is misleading; I've had both and although it is easier to change voltage on the Buzz Pro, the tons of vapers that love the Provari don't consider button pushing a big deal, because it really is simple.

I vote Provari. I had the same dilemma a while ago. I ended up getting a silver bullet, a carto tank and some 1.5 ohm dual coil cartos, which actually worked great. Then I got the Provari. If I could go back in time I would just get a Provari and be done with it. After owning one for a few months I really do feel the expense is justified, and the fact that the Provari acts as a multimeter is an excellent tool when setting voltages to specific cartos, especially when you have many cartos of many different unknown resistances, and knowing your remaining battery is a nice plus.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
seriously that is misleading; I've had both and although it is easier to change voltage on the Buzz Pro, the tons of vapers that love the Provari don't consider button pushing a big deal, because it really is simple.

I agree.

I NEVER turn off the ProVari (why bother?), so it could take fifty button pushes to turn it on/off, and I wouldn't really care!

I also seldom change voltage settings.

Once in a while, I'll be vaping in the movie theater (shhhh) and will turn the display off... other then that and the RARE times I change voltage, I don't even need to push a button.

I probably go a week without ever pressing the button other then to vape!

Izord

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2011
USA
:p
I agree.

I NEVER turn off the ProVari (why bother?), so it could take fifty button pushes to turn it on/off, and I wouldn't really care!

I also seldom change voltage settings.

Once in a while, I'll be vaping in the movie theater (shhhh) and will turn the display off... other then that and the RARE times I change voltage, I don't even need to push a button.

I probably go a week without ever pressing the button other then to vape!

Seriously, maybe you never turn it off because it takes six seconds? And that's straight from the Provari instruction manual.

No, don't get me wrong, I can totally understand the allure of the Provari. It's a cool, bells and whistles laden part of a time consuming hobby.

If you don't have six seconds to waste and want to VVape the IP makes sense. And saves you one hundred dollars you can use to maybe buy a genesis atomizer like me.:p

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
:p

Seriously, maybe you never turn it off because it takes six seconds? And that's straight from the Provari instruction manual.

No, don't get me wrong, I can totally understand the allure of the Provari. It's a cool, bells and whistles laden part of a time consuming hobby.

If you don't have six seconds to waste and want to VVape the IP makes sense. And saves you one hundred dollars you can use to maybe buy a genesis atomizer like me.:p
non issue:
the Vari is not on when you turn it off. it is merely a safety OFF in case you press the button by mistake; say in a bag or a pocket when you are not using it.
the Buzz Pro on / off is turning the end cap so the teflon threads touch the metal barrel to cut the electrical flow, which runs the LED constantly. in other words the LED is always on unless you turn the BPro off.
In fairness it is said the LED doesn't take up much energy. It is unnerving to me. I spend more time turning the BP off than i want to.
I don't know if this is the same with the IP and it is not with the VVPV.... now that is a PV i WANT.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Really?
So you rarely actually use the Variable Voltage function?

:laugh:
The BP is better for frequent voltage changes.
The Vari is for those that want those extras, and variable voltage is just one.

what is "better" is subjective. some people think the pluses of one outweigh the pluses of another.

I think the main point for the OP is to get all the info on both and weigh it out.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Really?
So you rarely actually use the Variable Voltage function?

:laugh:

Not sure what you mean by "rarely aactually use the variable voltage function"....

Generally, I would put a MAP tank on my ProVari in the morning before leaving home, fill it with one juice or another, then be gone all day, taking the ProVari with MAP Tank with me.

If I have a specific Map tank on my ProVari, why would I need to constantly change the voltage? I find the voltage that I like best with THAT combination of carto and juice, and basically leave it at that setting. What's great about the ProVari is you don't get different voltages as the battery loses charge... set it to, say, 4.2 and it stays at 4.2 all day, until the battery finally dies.

I'm now using Vision Extreme's. Again, I put a Vision on my PV, fill it, set it and forget it.

I do change voltage depending the the resistance on the atty/carto I'm using, and some juice tastes better at higher or lower settings, but again, generally, I set it and leave home and don't really need to change the voltage until or unless I change my carto and or juice.

By the way... we're talking SECONDS to change the voltage. Guess I'm a slacker, but so far, in the entire past year, I have NEVER not had the time to change the voltage, nor do I find it a hassle. Not saying LavaTube's button setup may not be better then the ProVari, just that I haven't had an issue with six or eight button clicks.

Tersur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Bfe Kentucky
You ever notice its always a Provari Vs Whatever else someone wants to concider thread. There is a reason EVERYTHING is mesured up to the provari. Its the Best PV on the market. Anyone who wants to hate on the menu system hasent spent time useing it. Its very intuitive and simple. Most of the Haters who like to droll on about that feature have provari envy.

landscaper

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2011
Atlanta
I think its human nature. I think if it was vise versa and the provari had the same functions that the LT has and the LT had the button functions that the Provari has. Provari owners would be pointing out that you have to hit all these buttons to cycle through the LT menus therefore I like the Provari better because its easier.

I think the Provari is a good device as do most. But so are the Buzz Pro and the LT. Personal preference. I don't think anyone hates the Provari, why would they? Some don't like the functions and others prefer the Buzz for the wheel and some don't like the wheel. But does it make it a bad product? No.

Some don't like Blue Cheese and some don't like liver. I happen to like both. Does that make those foods bad? All this back and forth is stupid. Buy what you like and let others buy what they like and want in a PV. What does PV stand for? Personal Vaping device. Key word.....Personal.

Dave

I found this thread because i had the same question. I want a variable volt device but there are some limitations with the LT and provari i'm not happy about.

I want a device that does not have a limiter, i want to be able to use LR Dual coils at 5 volts which is something the LT and provari cannot do. Can the Buzz pro do this? Because if it doesn't have a limiter it's obviously a better device. I'm not interested in the cost nor looks as long as it's still a tube mod, i'm interested in the actual functionality. I don't care about a voltage read out or what buttons i have to press. When it comes down to functionality both the LT and Provari are lacking IMO. If i did pay 270$ for a provari, i would want it to pop my atomizer instead of limiting the voltage i can use.

upStomp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
North Central Mass
They're not $270.

Correct. But, yes, the ProVari limits output to around 2.5 amps. This has to do with the fact that it's a boost circuit (single battery boosted to whatever voltage) as opposed to buck circuit (2 batteries lowered to whatever voltage). For some, that's an issue. For some, the look, feel, fit & finish, and lack of logic built into the Buzz is an issue. To each their own.

For me, the ProVari wins out by a long shot, but I don't use dual coils. Ever. I prefer the convenience of using a single battery, the far superior fit & finish, and the ability to check battery and ohm levels on the fly over the ability to drive a cartomizer that I never use past 2.5 amps.

Last edited:

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I found this thread because i had the same question. I want a variable volt device but there are some limitations with the LT and provari i'm not happy about.

I want a device that does not have a limiter, i want to be able to use LR Dual coils at 5 volts which is something the LT and provari cannot do. Can the Buzz pro do this? Because if it doesn't have a limiter it's obviously a better device. I'm not interested in the cost nor looks as long as it's still a tube mod, i'm interested in the actual functionality. I don't care about a voltage read out or what buttons i have to press. When it comes down to functionality both the LT and Provari are lacking IMO. If i did pay 270$ for a provari, i would want it to pop my atomizer instead of limiting the voltage i can use.

The Provari isn't $270 don't know where that came in. Base tube is well over $100 less than that, big difference.

The Buzz Pro will let you get a little higher with LR and DC but over current protection will kick it, just a little higher voltage than the Provari. Most if not all of the production tubes have limiters that will kick in with 1.5 DC or to low of SC LR.

You'll most likely have to go with one of the modded boxes to get the full range when using 1.5 ohm DC. I have several that will hit 6v with virtually no drop out that I've built or had built. The drawback is the less durable box. Check the modders/suppliers section if you want to go that route. JamesW at Krimson Kustoms custom builds if you want to contact him and let him know what your looking for.

Modder/Accessories Supplier Forum

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Buzz Pro and Infinity Pro limit is 15W, a shade over 4.7V with a 1.5 ohm DC, over 3A. Provari states a 2.5A limit on the main Web page, and pretty sure that there is also an overall limit of about 12W (maybe slightly higher?).

Practically speaking, I tend to vape at 8 - 10W, occasionally go higher but not that often. I tend towards single coil cartos, up in the 2.5 - 3.1 ohm range, which gives long run time and lets me use the full voltage range of the notcigs PVs. I use the notcigs PVs, like them a lot -- personal preference for a simple style, high performance, rugged, PV. Others prefer the Provari, which absolutely has more high-tech factor with the LCD, and also has an excellent reputation for performance and quality.

Either the BP or the Provari is an excellent, rugged, high performance, PV. Personally, since I have an original Infinity, and a Buzz Pro, very happy with them, I'm going for a new notcigs VVPV -- I vape 6 ml/day, which is the capacity of the bottle in it, and figured it was time to try atties on a really nice top-feed PV :)

Odell

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2010
Ocala, Florida
www.acbio.com
Frisco,

I should know better than to leap into this fray, but I own and vape both. The Provari sits beside me as I watch TV with a tank atop it filled with my favorite juice. It's a little weighty for travel, but I love the vape and the ability to adjust voltages for the different cartos I put in the tank (varies on juice and taste preference). The Buzz Pro is my traveling tube mod. Lightweight, built like an airliner and I like to put fluxomizers on it and also drip while I'm out. Again easily adjustable while driving (for the little bit I adjust after I dial it in) same with the Provari really. Button pushing is a non issue as is dial turning.

Another thing that's really handy with the Provari is the ability to get the resistance of the atty I pull out of my kit box (I am not organized enough to keep track of what I buy). Also, on the Provari I run a Soshine 2900Mah battery that lasts me a couple of days. The Buzz on the other hand uses 16340 (a pair) and I change these daily. You can read the technical stuff in the other posts, just thought I'd post how I use both mods.

You'd like either, and love both if you can swing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread