Can't take it anymore throwing in the towel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tumblelily

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2011
California
Where do you get your organic eliquid?

From Virgin Vapor. All of the liquids are 100% Organic, with all natural flavorings, nothing artificial at all. They even come in glass bottles, not plastic.

I tried some of the top vendors here on the forum, and while many of their liquids tasted okay, I started getting some really bad reactions- severe headaches, heavy feeling in my lungs, just all around horrible feeling- almost as if I were coming down with the flu. I ended up spending my two days off in bed because of the chemicals in some of the vendor's e-liquids, and even missed the Christmas party at work that I was so looking forward to. I just couldn't lift my head off the pillow.

But, as soon as I stopped vaping from the liquid in those plastic bottles, and switched solely to Virgin Vapor, all of those nasty symptoms went away.

Virgin Vapor costs a bit more, but they also has the best tasting juice, hands down. You can actually taste the purity, and it is soooo flavorful. I feel it's the best juice around.

It seems once you taste the purity of 100% Organic/ All Natural, you don't want to go back to the chemical stuff. If I didn't have the organic, I couldn't vape at all.

Because she (Annette at Virgin Vapor) is on vacation for the week, everything on the website is discounted 10%.

Here's the link: Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I'm so sorry to hear that jtracc. As others have mentioned there are other smoking cessation aids to help you in your quest to quit. Hopefully these 5 weeks of being off the analogs will be of help to you. Sincere best wishes, Vapoor.

I found I cannot vape anything with Ethyl Maltol in it. Makes me feel awful, hives itchy throat and lungs, etc.

NestoChe

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Marietta Ga
I was in almost the same situation of giving up vaping this year due to some frustrations with having the right juice, but finnaly found what I like. Actually, I did give up vaping last year. But this year I came back to vaping because I had to quit smoking due to health reasons. I'm not going to lie, I still miss my Marlboro Lights.

Maybe some time off will help you. Have you tried the Clearomizer/Fluxo? From what I hear these are not as bad as cartomizers, more of a clean taste. I'm going to try them myself, you're right, the carts are a little harsh and that poly taste is awful.

Anyway, whatever you do, good luck and try not to go back to the stinkies.

peace

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
Sorry to hear about your vaping woes, I personally have had some minor issues with any liquid that's part PG, and the carto's with their polyester filler when burnt most definitely can't be good for you, I quit using them early on, Im now on the Ego-C, just a small wick and coil.
All the best to you...

Bawn

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
boynton beach, FL
So before I sell all my PV stuff, I decided to try one more thing. I took a fairly new 510-t atty and cut the spike off inside to expose the the wick more. I then used it To drip last night. At first it was going well didn't feel any pain in my chest or throat. After a few hrs of vaping (not chain vaping) my chest pains and throat issues started to arise again. So I stopped And went to bed. This morning I woke up and my throat is so swollen. No matter what I do I get pain. The juice I used was 80/20vg 12mg. I can't believe that the 4000+ chemicals in analogs never did this to me and two FDA approved substances do. Unreal.

Last edited:

VapoX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2011
Canada
So before I sell all my PV stuff, I decided to try one more thing. I took a fairly new 510-t atty and cut the spike off inside to expose the the wick more. I then used it To drip last night. At first it was going well didn't feel any pain in my chest or throat. After a few hrs of vaping (not chain vaping) my chest pains and throat issues started to arise again. So I stopped And went to bed. This morning I woke up and my throat is so swollen. No matter what I do I get pain. The juice I used was 80/20vg 12mg. I can't believe that the 4000+ chemicals in analogs never did this to me and two FDA approved substances do. Unreal.

Yeah man, it's time you see a doctor about that. It def sounds like an allergic reaction.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
The only way to know what is doing it is vape some pure PG with no flavor and then try some pure VG no flavor and see what you feel. I have a strong reaction to pure VG, my chest feels heavy and i get a sick type of feeling so I can only use high PG mixes. I am wondering if it is the flavoring you are allergic too. But if you try the pure PG and VG without flavor that would tell what is up. Also use zero nic if you try this. bnrk

minigoat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
USA
The only way to know what is doing it is vape some pure PG with no flavor and then try some pure VG no flavor and see what you feel. I have a strong reaction to pure VG, my chest feels heavy and i get a sick type of feeling so I can only use high PG mixes. I am wondering if it is the flavoring you are allergic too. But if you try the pure PG and VG without flavor that would tell what is up. Also use zero nic if you try this. bnrk

Something I have been wondering about. Do you actually have to vape it in order to tell that you will have a reaction?

Could a skin test be used instead?: Skin Test For Allergy - Allergy Diagnosis Procedure by MedicineNet.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread