Cant vape in the house.....aruggggggggggggggg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypatia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Titletown, USA
Kinda in the same boat. My roommate doesnt want me vaping in the apt and she says "it's a no smoking complex".

Argh, it's so disheartening to hear people "parrot" the hysterics of ill-informed masses. vaping is not smoking! Vapor (while definitely not just water vapor) contains NONE of the things that smoke contains. Period. The negligible amounts of nicotine that theoretically are not absorbed by the vaper's body is not of any level higher than the "background" levels of nature.

humpstyles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
1. Surreptitiously ask her what her favorite food/dessert during an off-subject chat.
2. Buy said flavor of e-juice (extra flavor shot for bonus points).
3. Vape inside for an hour or so before she gets home.
4. "Honey, the house smells amazing, what did you make?"
5. Pull out PV, take a huge hit, blow it in her face.
6. BOOM.

Cadeus333

Jan 11, 2013
USA
God, I feel your pain, I'm married to a Peruvian drama queen. She coughs and gags, it's such nonsense. I basically put it to her this way, "I can vape, or I can go back to cigs. What do you prefer?". My bluff worked, she still throws her little fits every once and a while when I'm blowing massive clouds in the house, but hey, a small victory is still a victory lol.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Kinda in the same boat. My roommate doesnt want me vaping in the apt and she says "it's a no smoking complex".

In your case, I would arm myself with plenty documentation about how vapor does not stain walls, furniture or leave behind any sort of laying smell and then go talk to the apartment manager. If you get permission from them, then you can tell the roommate to take a flying leap. As an alternative just vapor in your room.

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
People have reported that sitting in a room with a ton of vapor in it (from other vapers all hanging out and vaping together) can increase nicotine intake - to the point where you can get nic-overload symptoms like headache, dizziness etc. Which means that there IS still nicotine in exhaled vapor. So if you vape a high level of nic you definitely don't want to vape in the house where your wife and/or kids can breathe it in.

humpstyles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
Man-up and put your foot down or turn in your man card.

Your wife seems to need her priorities arranged. Tell her you quit smoking and this is the least harmful way. Tell her to deal with it or sleep on the couch.

Be a man.

Reading this whilst having a kitten give me the bird was just all-around phenomenal. A+.

CShaver

Cloudy Flavor All Day
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Swoyersville, PA
The day my wife ever told me I couldn't vape in the house would be the day I gave myself an asthma attack from laughing too hard.

There would be no way she would get away with it. I don't care who is in my house. It's my house for a reason, and I'll vape as much as I want. Same with my car.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
People have reported that sitting in a room with a ton of vapor in it (from other vapers all hanging out and vaping together) can increase nicotine intake - to the point where you can get nic-overload symptoms like headache, dizziness etc. Which means that there IS still nicotine in exhaled vapor. So if you vape a high level of nic you definitely don't want to vape in the house where your wife and/or kids can breathe it in.

Huh? Link please :)

Amy87

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
IN, USA
It's all in her head. I stealth vaped in my office with 5 other people for two months before I told them I was doing it, and none of them had a clue. Once I told them I was doing it they all had this puzzled look, I asked if any of them minded and they said no, that they had never seen or smelled anything so it wasn't bothering them. Now I do it openly, and they still claim they don't smell anything. They think its a little weird (none of them smoke) but no ones opposed to it. It sounds like your wife just wants to be in control of this issue, so she's making up reasons you shouldn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread