Carrying DCT tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baycitypuff

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2013
Bay city, mi
Hi all. I'm new to vaping and have been trying out new tanks. Basically tired of having to refill clearos and evods. Came across a nice 6 ml DCT tank and it vapes nice, big clouds. But I'm fearful of taking it out on the road/to the bar/to a party because of the way you can easily slide out the carton to refill (and spill). Is there a way to secure them or a case or wrap that does the trick? Maybe a carefully placed rubber band? Thanks!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
A well-made, quality cartotank should not slide off of the carto under normal conditions. I carry my IBTanked cartotanks in my front pants pocket all the time. In 1.5 years of using cartotanks I've never had a tank fall off. If you have one of the inexpensive Smoktech or generic tanks, your experience may vary.

IBTanked Review

Should you wish to carry your tank separately, you can use one of these battery cases which can hold two tanks safely.

casewcaribiner.jpg casewcaribiner3.jpg

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The way to avoid problems with carto's sliding around is to buy a good quality carto tank or one with a locking system.

Basically, my experience is the cheap plastic (?) tanks made by some of our favourite brands (trying not to be too obvious) are hopeless.

I use a locking, but it shouldn't be necessary. Get a good one, be prepared to waste a few cartos getting the right amount/size of holes, then vape on!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
... be prepared to waste a few cartos getting the right amount/size of holes, then vape on!
Actually, I prefer using the cartos with the laser-drilled holes already in them List of Vendors Selling Pre-Punched Cartomizers

tool-punched carto.jpg laser-drilled.jpg

Hand punched cartos have a learning curve, and also inevitably change the shape of the carto's steel tube from round to oval. This can cause wear and tear on the rubber o-rings in the tank end caps, and eventually causing liquid leaks from the tank. The cartos with laser holes spare this stress on the o-rings.

I'll also highly recommend getting a tank tool like the Slap You Moma from Big Daddy Vapors. Not only will it cut your tank setup time in half, but it also will protect your tank's o-rings from the top edges of the carto.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread