Status
Not open for further replies.

DanG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2013
NWI Cedar Tuckey (Lake)
I have a tendency to just change cartos, coils, wicks, or wire whenever I get a hint of a taste I don't agree with. I just rebuilt my vivi coil a few hours ago but am thinking of replacing it already. You can just justify it by thinking of how much you saved vaping. I'm sorry I have no great answer.

nobreak1970

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2013
Hartford, Alabama USA
How any holes are in your carto? Vg is more viscous and doesn't wick as well. Sometimes the pg and vg will separate in a tank, just like they do in the bottles, and the vg will sink to the bottom because it's heavier and cause a wicking problem.

Never thought of that. Although there is one big hole on the carto. Not the tiny little holes but a big one.
Did I say it's a big hole?
It's a big hole. :)

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
I gthink you still have vapor tongue. Mine lasted for about 4 months on and off.

I use carto's...8 to be exact. I use dual hole laser punched single coil type and 3.2 ohms. Anyway... its not your mix. I vape at 60 and 70%VG... and have never EVER experienced a dry hit.....and I am a constant Vape machine.

I vote vapor tongue.

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ
Im not sure if it is Vapers Tongue.

I have had cartos in a tank, maybe 2 re-fills of said tank and all of a sudden it begins to be a scratchy rough vape. I replace the carto but keep the tank filled and its gone.

In my experience, i have seen juice destroy a carto. For instance, Rip trippers Juice (which is awesome btw). he uses a natural sweetener and that will gunk up a carto 5-10 drags into it. I watched this happen on a few drippers that i have. 5 drags in the gunk buildup on the coil changes the flavor, TH and color of the juice. With regards to Rip's juices, i normally mix them myself with additional juices or bases. this cuts down his juice into something that can be vaped in a carto tank. His Nana's cream, my ADV, is mixed by me with 100% PG banana cream pie from MBV. this cuts the consistancy down a bit while keeping the flavor. After about 4 tank fills, its time to replace the carto.

All i am saying is, that it could be the juice reacting with the carto. at least that has been my experience with this type of issue.

.02$

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Sometimes a carto can go bad rather quickly. If the carto isn't wicking properly, a dry pocket of polyfill can be burnt or singed by the heating coil and then taste harsh or burnt.

Also, are you using dual coil cartos? These can present problems if they are not wicking properly. As they have two heating coils, one over the other in the carto, the top one may not get enough e-liquid wicking to it because it is located higher than the wick holes in the carto. Because of this, I switched to single coil cartos and have never had another problem with this.

Cartomizer Anatomy.jpg

It seems that most of the pre-punched LR dual coil cartos I've come across only have one hole, which is bad because these are the cartos that would need the best wicking to keep from burning the filler.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread