Carto Tanks Rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
I am pretty much the opposite. I started with boge cartos and tanks, than I bought some t3's viva novas and a pro tank to try something different. I ended up returning the pro tank. I found when you get a good boge carto thats working right, the flavor and vapor was a lot better than the pro tank. It was more robust with more flavor for me. The t3's and bottom coils to me seem very airy and the vapor is muted and more whispy. So far I like carto tanks better than anything I tried. It just has the right amount of flavor hit and smoothness. I even bought an IGO L and messing with that and i find the hits too harsh and burny. I guess its a to each his own

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
To each his own FOR SURE.
But don't give up on your IGO-L just yet. Keep building coils and you'll eventually get one
right and have that "ah-HA!" moment. I just did that with my cheap Nimbus clone and am
gonna tackle my RSST (genesis style atomizer) again.

I even bought an IGO L and messing with that and i find the hits too harsh and burny. I guess its a to each his own

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
There are other, FAR more knowledgeable people here who will help you out. It only clicked for me a few days
ago, when I was watching Dimitris on his youtube channel (vapingreek) and he mentioned off-hand that he
doubled the silica wicks over on themselves.

And GrimmGreen mentioned giving the ends of the silica wicks a quick torch to keep them from unraveling.
Those two things made it work for me. I know we're OT now but I'm so pleased with myself that ima show
you mah coils!!!! .9Ohm, all lit up evenly and immediately on the first try on my brass Sigelei #19.
:D
9396390641_99031ae2e3_b.jpg

9396389925_2b548cbc84_b.jpg

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Yeah pretty much. Each coil has one piece of 2mm silica, folded in on itself in 3rds.
Does that make sense?
Here's a few more photos. One will show the complete unit (I need to do something about that gap still, it's beginning to irritate me)
and the very last one will show the stock 2.3Ohm (useless on a mech without a Kick or Kick Clone) setup it came with from fasttech.com.
They have good prices on most things, and shipping is free, but they have some JUNK too.
9399155750_f94f550f6b_b.jpg
9396390747_4cfcc416c4_b.jpg

9312133876_a72c30ef97_b.jpg

and here's the junky setup it came with:
9386194909_ce15885253_b.jpg

So thats a wick folded in half and than another end tucked in? Trying to figure out how u have ur wicks wrapped up

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Yeah, pretty much. I was also careful not to wrap it too tight. That will restrict juice flow and
result in burnt hits. Which is pretty much all I got from that stock setup that it came with.

I can give this thing about 10 drops and it'll gurgle for a few drags, and then I can chain-vape it
for a while before I need to refill. Which is new to me. I've never been able to do that with a
dripping atty, rebuildable or otherwise.

Ok so its basically 3 pieces of wick your wrapping up disregarding folding it etc.. The wick is going over 3 strands of wick it appears

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
I wanted to try a carto tank myself recently, so i decided to get the locking style Chrome Artemas because i had the fear of the tank sliding off the carto. They use the flange style cartos and the bottom cap locks it in.

I got two tanks and some dual coil 2.0 ohm two hole laser punched cartos. They are working great.

Chrome Artemas Tube, Clear

4171-1.jpg

4171-3.jpg

Yeah, big fan of this one. Takes some practice for a noob to get it right but once I did, just awesome. This has kind of made me want to try other carto tanks, just looking through the whole thread to see if anything jumps out.

mmikee

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
st louis
I have to say I have owned all of the tanks listed in this thread except for the Phiniac. My favorite so far are the SS and Pyrex from Loki Labs. They are some of the best built tanks I have seen. And they have large air channels in the bottom caps, so no problem sitting them flush on all devices (Provari). Standard size is about $40 I think, and $45 for XL, but a great value.
I hate having to leave a gap on my mod for proper air flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread