Carto Tanks Rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Yep, excellent flavor and all day convenience in a compact package. Once you get the routine down, you can assemble and fill a new cartotank setup in four minutes.

I prefer the pyrex IBTanks (the smaller 19mm diameter) for my slimmer mods like the Provari and BB.

IBTanked-1.jpg IBTanked-2.jpg

For the larger mods like my Silver Bullet I like the Triple V luxury pyrex tanks from Valley View Vapes.

Triple_V_pyrex_1.JPG VVV-7ml-tank4.jpg

And everyone love's my handblown glass frog tank from High Desert Vapers

HighDesert3.jpg

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Greeneyes said:
I agree totally. That's why I have 13 tanks.
7 phiniac
5 Ibt
1 lil mama

I had 20 last time I counted.

7 IBTanks
3 Valley View Vapes
1 combo tank from Hoosier Vapes and Phiniac
1 High Desert
3 Smoktech Titan (vivi nova type)
5 Smoktech DCT polypropylene in 3.5 and 6 ml size

Bella_Phin_1.jpg Bella-Phin-Frog.jpg

Hoosier Vapes Elegance tank caps with a Phiniac pyrex sandblasted design.

And I'll have my first rebuildable, an AGA Tiamat plus with pyrex tank any day now.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
dctank.jpg

You can get an inexpensive DCT tank starter kit at My Vapor Store for about $22. You will get the tank, metal caps, drip tip, and 5 cartos.

The IBTanks are an inexpensive way to get into cartotanking, too. For under $20, you can get the glass tube and some acrylic endcaps. Cartos and a drip tip are available to purchase on the website.

Last edited:

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
I'm gonna give these a try too. I really REALLY like the Kanger T3. Kinda disappointed in the Vivi Nova. So I'm hoping this will give me at least as much flavor and vapor as the T3. Got a SmokTank XL and some 2.5 and 3Ohm cartos too. And a carto punch tool. Because I have a feeling I might want more holes in the cartos. What do you experienced tank users think about the Kanger horizontal coil cartos? And what are your preferred carto configurations/brands? I see Boge mentioned a lot. I'm all about flavor and vapor if that matters.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
What would be a good starter tank? I want to see if I like it before I invest into one like Ibtanked ones.

Thanks!

Vaporbeast has the Bouge F16 tank for around $7.
And I agree with the OP! Even a cheap tank is so much better! I can't believe or understand why the Vivi Nova is so beloved, revered and recommended! It really pains me when so many new members ask for advice and two out of three people still recommend them!

NICnurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I will never give up my carto/tank set up. They will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands someday. :)

For those that asked, I like boge 2.0 LR cartos in my tanks. They are all I use. Cranked up to 4.4-4.5 on my VV devices and it is pure bliss. As many others mentioned, I love IBTanked, valley view vapers, and mom n pops tanks. I prefer screw holes to fill with--less hassle and less wear and tear on o-rings by moving the carto a lot.

Oh and yes, vivi flavor just flat out sucked. I tried one for an afternoon and threw it in the "i never use it" vapor supply drawer.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm gonna give these a try too. I really REALLY like the Kanger T3. Kinda disappointed in the Vivi Nova. So I'm hoping this will give me at least as much flavor and vapor as the T3. Got a SmokTank XL and some 2.5 and 3Ohm cartos too. And a carto punch tool. Because I have a feeling I might want more holes in the cartos. What do you experienced tank users think about the Kanger horizontal coil cartos? And what are your preferred carto configurations/brands? I see Boge mentioned a lot. I'm all about flavor and vapor if that matters.
I've not tried Kanger cartomizers. Smokeless Image cartos had a horizontal coil, and were nice.

Concerning the holes in a cartomizer, I'll just warn that the most frequent complaint with new cartotank users is flooding of the carto. There are multiple reasons for this, but one of them is putting too many holes in the carto. The eliquids do not need much room to get from the tank to inside the carto.

I prefer using one or two laser drilled holes which many manufacturers sell. The tool punched cartos can be deformed from the punch tool to become oval instead of round. This makes passage through the tank's end caps difficult and can place too much wear and tear on the cap's o-rings. Bad o-rings leads to leaky tanks.

laser-drilled.jpg tool-punched carto.jpg Pre-punched cartos

Above is a laser-drilled carto compared to a tool-punched carto. Note the deformity of the second cartomizer's steel tube.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Well..for what it's worth here are a couple of tips for the carto tanks that I use...and my cartos last AGES. Probably run around 75ml. of juice through one on average, and it's still cranking fine.

First, I like to punch an additional hole above whatever existing hole (if pre-punched) is there. If I'm punching "from scratch" I put one hole approx. where the prepunched ones go, then another about 2mm to 3mm directly above it. Higher up on the carto. I am very careful when punching to not make big holes. I've learned how many turns to make on my little carto puncher and to hold it up to my ear and listen for when the screw punches through. Then I'll turn just a fuzz more...maybe a quarter turn and that's it. If in doubt, I don't risk it...I'll make sure the hole is all the way through the metal by tapping a sheet metal screw tip lightly into the dent I made with the punch. Then I'll check to be sure the hole is clear with a needle.

Prime the carto before filling the tank. I like to use a luer lock needle bottle (one with a sharp needle, not blunt). When I'm pretty sure it's nice & damp in there, I turn the cartomizer over and drop a few drops one at a time into the hole at the battery end. Wipe off and then fill the tank. I like to use either the Slap Yo Mama tool, a drip tip made for refilling like this http://www.smokerevolt.com/510-Long-Refilling-Drip-Tips_p_412.html Another filler tool I really like is this type StainlessDCT Refilling Tool

That's about it for my "tips". I love carto tanks now I got the system down and can set one up quick, and refill even quicker.

Oh..and my juice is mostly PG (85/15) and is clear and thin. My cartos don't flood unless I get juice in the center tube when filling, or I over prime (toking on the carto assembled in the tank without firing the battery). If that happens, I just take the tank/carto off...and gently blow the juice out of the center tube.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread