Status
Not open for further replies.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I'm pretty disappointed in my DCT. It's a SmokTank XL from smoktek.com. Flavor and vapor production were minimal. REALLY airy draw. I did prime it and let it sit for about 10 minutes before giving it a try. Doing a few dry pulls before firing DID help, but not much. I also used a carto punch to make a 2nd hole. I know this deformed the carto a little bit because that sucker was a b!+ch to pull out, but I know it was drawing in fluid while in the tank; I saw the air bubbles coming outta the holes.

I'm probably doing something wrong but I did follow the instructions in several videos. I'll give it another try with a 3-hole cartomizer that I bought along with this one.

LV SuzyQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Las Vegas
My newest carto tank arrived...the Fluid Flask...

phluid2a.jpg

looks great on the Chi_You...

phluid1a.jpg

Wow!! That looks so sexy!!!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
How is the cotton supposed to look at the top of the cartomizer? Mine is pretty dry looking

After beginning to use a carto in a tank, even if it is primed properly before putting it into the tank, the top part of the filler that you can see will look dry. That's normal and inevitable.

If you understand how a carto is constructed and works, you will realize that it is the airhole which pulls additional juice from the tank and also the top filler in the carto. The airhole is connected between the middle and bottom third of the cartomizer, so sucking from the drip tip pulls juice from the top part of the polyfill down to the heating coil.

Cartomizer Anatomy.jpg

Click on the above diagram to enlarge it. The blue arrows represent air flow in the air tube. The red arrows represent liquid flow into the carto from the tank, and also from the uppermost polyfill of the carto. The druo tip prevents air from entering the polyfill.

Last edited:

Ben C.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New England
Does that fluid flask have a locking feature?
No - you can still pull it right off the carto if you wish :p
What it does have is that 'decorative' outer sleeve - it screws on to the bottom cap, and has a thin lip inside that catches the top cap... making that whole assembly (caps, tube, sleeve) one solid cylinder. In that sense it does lock the caps on. But it doesn't lock it to the carto in any way.

FWIW - I got mine today as well (standard size), and she is a looker for sure.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
So I just put in a request for a custom Miami Dolphins tank from Phiniac...and I have no clue what to do with it! Will yall please help me? I have watched some videos but it seems like I know just enough to be dangerous.

Phiniac has some excellent "how to" videos on the site at the top of the home page. Here is a more direct link, the demo videos are toward the bottom of the page: Video Library - Phiniac Rugged Pyrex Glass Tanks

A "Baditude tip" is to put a wooden tooth pick into the center air hole at the top of the carto to plug it, keeping out juice from the air hole. Start dripping in juice from the bottle.

Once the polyfill is wet like a slushy drink and stays that way, remove the tooth pick and place it half way into the bottom of the tank. Fill 80% full with juice, not getting any more juice into the carto itself. Then twist the carto the rest of the way into the tank, and put in a drip tip mouthpiece.

EDIT: I just viewed the video at Phiniac on how he demonstrates filling a tank. His method will not work with all cartomizers, specifically Smoktech tank replacement cartos, which have a metal flange at their connector end.

I prefer the below video which will work regardless of the cartomizer brand that you chose.

My appologies for posting the link prior to viewing the actual Phiniac video.

Last edited:

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
Hey anyone of you guys can help me find a new tank. I want something that has stainless steel in it.. maybe something that looks like a genesis tank or pro tank.. or something like the fluid flask. I just can't spend 80 freaking dollars on a tank. I figured maybe there is a cool looking tank out there thats reasonable. something with steel or steel color in it .. ** AND something that fits standard boge cartos..

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Hey anyone of you guys can help me find a new tank. I want something that has stainless steel in it.. maybe something that looks like a genesis tank or pro tank.. or something like the fluid flask. I just can't spend 80 freaking dollars on a tank. I figured maybe there is a cool looking tank out there thats reasonable. something with steel or steel color in it .. ** AND something that fits standard boge cartos..
Well, there's a lot of stuff out there that would fit the wide description you gave. Genesis tanks are RBAs, Protanks are clearomizers, and the fluid flask is a cartotank. Which do you want, because all three are entirely different. Do you want it to be entirely made of metal, or you want a plastic/glass tube to see your juice?

Since you also asked for something that can use Boge cartos, any cartotank can use them. Boges are available in two lengths (35mm and 45mm). Which length will you use?

How much are you willing to spend? Most of the stainless steel tanks you seem to be interested in are at least $60 or more.

Take a look at the stainless steel Evolution cartotanks at Hoosier Vapes. Or the Big Daddy Vapor cartotanks (anodized aluminum).

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
I meant a carto tank that might have the appearance of a gensis tank or pro tank. I don't care about that kind of metal.. just a metal look to it.. doesn't have to be all metal.. could have a glass looking window etc. Im looking for glass tank and a size that would fit a standard boge carto.. the regular 35mm size.. Thanks for the recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread