Status
Not open for further replies.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
I think most of my glass tanks are fairly tough and can handle moderate bumps and bobbles but I do take more care with my hand blown glass thanks. The glass is thick on them but they still get babied...

hotvapestanks.jpg

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
I got a dumb question. The phiniac tanks....those are *just* tanks right? There's no connector (510, eGo, whatever) at the bottom? Or am I just not seeing it? I like their style. Would I be able to get one of these (I'd probably start with the plainest of the plain) and use any regular old cartomizer with it? Or would I have to use a rebuildable atomizer? Like the Cobra one on their site? Cuz those things seem....well expensive and fiddly. ;P

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
For the 19mm tank on the provari, do you know how much ml of juice it holds?

The 19mm diameter IBTanks are available in two lengths: The standard length holds 1.5 ml and the XL length holds 2 ml, when both are 80% full. This of course does not include the 1 - 1.5 ml of juice in a pre-filled cartomizer.

The standard length tank needs a 35mm cartomizer, the XL needs a 45mm carto.

IBTanked-large-small.jpg

Black Strat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2012
Idaho
Some vapers like to push their equipment to the max (no pun intended).

Me? I've found 3.8 volts with a 2.0 standard resistance single coil cartomizer delivers a delicious vape, TONS of vapor, and zero percent burnt hits.

Now, that may change once I get my Vamo and my Provari Mini, but for right now, with my Twist, my Lavatube, and my Kgo VV, everything is locked in at 3.8 volts. Well, the Twist is set at the notch right before 4.0, so I'm assuming it's 3.8.

I vape 10.6 watts with 1.5 ohm dual coils but for Nova's/Stardusts about 8 watts with 1.8 ohm atties. I have checked the voltage of my Spinners to compare the knob to actual voltage. It is all over the place so the 3.8 could be 3.6 or 4.1!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
A lot of those charts were made a couple of years ago when technology wasnt as advanced. You were doing great at 5 watts back then.

They need to be seriously updated. I think the average is closer to 8 watts

Some guy named Woody55 made this chart in July 2012 and posted it on E-Cig Advanced. He had this to say about preferred wattage range, "They say the best range is about 4watts to about 8watts. I have found my spot at about 7.2watts in most voltage ranges depending on carto resistance."

I don't know who the "they" are that he is referring to, but I tend to agree with him about 7-8 watts being my preferred sweet spot, but that varies depending upon the flavor I'm vaping, too. I generally prefer a "cooler" vape, although I do have a red hot cinnamon flavor that I vape at 10-11 watts (3.0 ohm carto @ 5.8v).

http://www.ecigadvanced.com/community/guide-to-safe-vaping-and-finding-your-apvs-sweetspot/

Last edited:

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
How would you compare the two as far as vapor production and flavor? I'm a big fan of the T3 but I wanted to give carto tanks a try anyway. I've got a smoktek DCT XL setup on the way. Tried the Vivi Nova and it didn't do it for me. Muted flavor and not as much vapor as I wanted. Might give it a try again later.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Baditude, which Ikanvape cartos do you use in the smok dct tanks? Is there a trick to finding these cartos in stock? I check almost daily and they are always out of stock.

When I talked to him last week he was expecting a shipment anytime, but I guess it hasn't come in yet? There's no trick, it's like a lot of other things with vaping, being in the right place at the right time!

Chrispixx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Buffalo,N.Y.
One thing I have learned, you can vape pre-punched cartos (laser or human-created) by themselves in a pinch. Electrical tape works awesome.

I Experienced this myself trying to slot a carto for a tank. Two slots on each side and all it did was flood. Cartos are relatively inexpensive but it didn't want to waste it. I put some electrical tape around it and vaped it regular. It worked great.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Baditude, which Ikanvape cartos do you use in the smok dct tanks? Is there a trick to finding these cartos in stock? I check almost daily and they are always out of stock.
sawlight said:
When I talked to him last week he was expecting a shipment anytime, but I guess it hasn't come in yet? There's no trick, it's like a lot of other things with vaping, being in the right place at the right time!

I use the Ikenvape Platinum Plus punched! I've also tried their "premiere" 801 Fusions (require an 510-801 adaptor) and couldn't detect any difference between them and the Plats. The Fusions will be available at some point in a 510 thread, so if either of them come in stock, snatch some up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread