Carto tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocha

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've pretty much moved on to RBAs but carto-tanks were my mainstay for many months. Very reliable, no leaking/flooding/burnt hits. Except for the occasional bad carto I would say thay are more relaible than most if not all clearos (but I haven't tried the Nautilus). And they are WAY less time consuming/fiddly than RBAs. I preferred Smok or Ikenvape cartos. Definitely worth a try.

Amish Ed

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
amished.wordpress.com
IBTanked w/Smok cartos here too. I have 3 in my daily rotation.

I like them because of the consistency and ease of use. They have good vapor production and flavor. Plus, they travel well. There's a bit of a learning curve, but not much. I'd suggest reading Baditudes blogs on carto tanks. Also, don't forget to get a refilling tool like the Slap Yo Mama or the refilling drip tip IBTanked sells. It makes refilling a breeze and saves your o-rings.

drthunder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2014
NY
I recently got some boge cartos to try them out and i was really disappointed. I imagined they would be convenient, just simply fill up, watch them soak up and vape away. For me they just don't soak up juice even after trying many methods found on YouTube. They make a big mess as well. Before anyone asks yes i use high PG juices, makes no difference. Using a tank is just so much easier and performs better.

graybuck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Oregon
I found if your using high VG juice you need a larger juice hole in the side. Ikenvape has some with larger holes or use a small drill bit to enlarge. I use several Carto Tanks daily and have not found a clearo tank that can really compare to the simplicity and bomb proof design of a carto tank. I guess I am just old school, but they work for me just great.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
I tried cartos, with and without tanks, and found them to be much fussier than clearomizers. The filling especially, as mentioned above, can be a complete pain. And even when I got that right I didn't notice any better flavor. But lots of people love them, so it is worth giving them a try. You don't have to buy a tank to get the experience.

bigrf85

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
jax, fl
i dont use cartotanks as much anymore but they certainly don't collect dust either i will use my cartotank for work along with a nautilus here and there great flavor from a cartotank even in todays market of options still love them but if im not at work i go for a rda my opinion is you cant really beat the ol reliable cartotanks

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I still daily rotate a good ol' reliable cheapo SmokTech c-tank rig! And gots sum backups. Just 'cause vapin' technology has greatly advanced, doesn't mean da ol' stuff can't sate da need!

I'm finding dat my Nautilui BVC heads are lasting as long, if not longer, than my ST DC 1.5Ω cartos. Win/win with my ST DCTs and BVCs!

I recently got some boge cartos to try them out and i was really disappointed.

Tried Boges twice; never again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread