Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
What are the pro's and con's of using a cartomizer? Also, I would like to know what the experts think is better, a cartomizer or just the traditional, two-pice atty and cartomizer?

Pro's of the cartomizer:

-It's a combination of atty and cart so no messing with cleaning. If you can afford it, just use it once and pitch it.

-It can be refilled with a bit more effort than refilling a cart and perhaps the fact that you'd have to fill a 3 piece cart at least twice vs. filling a carto once then it's probably a wash. Some refilled carts have lasted me over 3 hours.

Con's of the cartomizer:

- They cost much more if you use them as intended - as throw aways.
- In my experience, the variations in all the important stuff of vaping can be great to where it isn't as 'convenient' as you might think. There is an 'underflavor' in some cartos that is unpleasant. Some don't have that, but the one's that don't might not have very much vapor or longevity. The "Ymmv" 'your mileage may vary' line, is no more operative than with cartomizers, imo, it's ecigs Forrest Gump's 'box of chocolates'. And like that some of the flavors are Very good and some of the vapor is Very good and the longevity is impressive but you can't count on it from flavor to flavor.

Still, while I prefer the 3 piece because I'm always trying juices and have about 5-8 'top flavors' it's a bit of a hassle to fill blanks. I still do but at home it's easier just to drip or refill carts. But I like the option of cartomizers and I think they'll just be part of my repertoire from now on - but .... on a 510 system where I have a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread