CARTOMIZERS: Just Don't do it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I use cartos because I haven't found a juice that I like enough that I'd fill a tank with it. Does the tank make it taste better?
Not especially taste better, but because the tank is continuously replenishing the cartomizer with juice, the carto will never dry out (if set up properly). So the taste will be more consistant.

What are the numbers, Vets? 40 drops for the small cartos, 70 for the XL's?
With my method, I don't count the drops. I just add juice, shake the carto like a thermometer (centrifuge result), add more juice, shake some more. I do this until the filler material stays moist like a slushy drink.

I also plug the center air hole with half of a wooden toothpick to block juice out. Therefore, there's no need to put the tank on my mouth to blow out the extra juice that can get in the air tube with dripping or the condom method.

There's no need to let the tank "settle" after filling with my method. The polyfill is as soaked as it ever will be. It's ready to vape immediately.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
This is all just a light-hearted joke- ya know....

I, and I'm sure many others, especially some n00bies, did not discern any levity in your original post. I don't mean to be mean, but your post may have dissuaded our newer members from trying (and mastering) the carto.

Believe me when I say that after nearly two years of vaping and trying day-um near every 'scat hot' joose device, I'm vaping carto tanks.

ETA: Read your post #34. I'll back off fer now...

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
OCELOT !!!!
What is wrong with you ?

Didn't you just see that I got my first mechanical mod today ?
I am not ALLOWED to get more than 'one mod a day'.:p

PROVARI= 'The answer to every question !'

With a ProVari there's never a question.....
bow_down_before_you-960.gif
ProVariMini20-2S.jpg

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
No-No-No
It is not me, my skills, my equiptment- or even my 'technique'... it is Cartomizers.

I will let the one I have 'swimming' in juice sit for a while.
MAYBE, in a couple of days I will fish it out, dry it off and try it....but-
I really don't think I 'missed' using them.

It is you, dear! :)

They work, one just has to learn how to use them. I've been using cartomizers for almost three years, and, after initial trial error, I have never had any problems with them.

And I have tried almost every carto on the market--510, kr808D-1, kr808D-2, 4081, 801; vertical coil, horizontal coil, and dual coil. :)

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
My method take 5 minutes tops, and is ready to vape immediately. No waiting. No flooding. No dry hits. Just great flavor and vapor.

Your method, Baditude? ;)

Sorry, I couldn't resist. This method has been described and videotaped years ago... Carto users have been using it, along with other methods, for 5 years...

The very first videos I watched were made in 2008 and 2009.

How-to guide to refilling KR808D-1 or Vapor King cartomizers - YouTube

Care And Feeding of Cartomizers Part 2 - YouTube

And Leaford's presentation of reverse Taryn spin (named after ECF member who invented it)

Reverse Taryn Spin - YouTube

Oh the good old days.

It's all about giving credit where credit is due. :)

BTW, the most precise way to fill a carto, especially tight-woven one like Boge, is with a syringe and 18 g sharp needle.

Carry on!

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I use cartos because I haven't found a juice that I like enough that I'd fill a tank with it. Does the tank make it taste better? :p

A tank makes cartos last much longer; cartos fail when they are not kept constantly moist, and the tank solves that problem. They taste pretty much the same--you're still dealing with the filler taste, to which some people are sensitive.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
What are the numbers, Vets? 40 drops for the small cartos, 70 for the XL's?

It's not exact science; 1 ml equals roughly 20-25 drops, depending of the viscosity of your juice and the size of the dropper. So, regular size cartomizer (1 ml) should be filled with at least 20 up to 25 drops; 2 ml carto--40-50 drops, etc.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I use Boge 2.0 cartos... plain, no tank... no leaks, good TH, good vapor, good taste...... condom fill followed by about 15 drops when half empty Your experience sounds over-the-top odd to me. Check out PBusardo, last I check they're still one of his favorites... his site is "tasteyourjuice."

Boge cartos are still my favorite, too.

Condom method works just fine if you do it right. And it's faster and more consistent than dripping into the filler from the top--that takes much longer with a new carto. It's fine for quick refills, but for the first fill, especially with Boges, syringe or condom works best. The trick to condom method is to submerge the threaded end of the carto and plunge it slowly into the eliquid, while closely monitoring the eliquid's progress through the filler--if the juice begins to pool on top of the filler, stop and wait until it's fully absorbed before continuing!

Last edited:

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
Strange how these things go. YMMV.
I had nothing but problems with Vivis and the T3. I have
two carto/tanks going, one for work and one in the evening.

No problems at all.:D

My fiancee started with cartos, but later I got her a few clearos... and she uses cartos. She tried the clearos, and yeah, they're easy to fill, but after dealing with leaks and dry hits for a while, she's back to cartos.

I'm an RBA guy myself, for the most part, but I still fall back on the carto tanks for when I'm going to be mobile. I'm not a big fan of clearos myself, for the same reasons my girl gave up on 'em.

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
Boge cartos are still my favorite, too.

Condom method works just fine if you do it right. And it's faster and more consistent than dripping into the filler from the top--that takes much longer with a new carto. It's fine for quick refills, but for the first fill, especially with Boges, syringe or condom works best. The trick to condom method is to submerge the threaded end of the carto and plunge it slowly into the eliquid, while closely monitoring the eliquid's progress through the filler--if the juice begins to pool on top of the filler, stop and wait until it's fully absorbed before continuing!

There's also the all-important step of blowing through it when you're done. I think people forget that and then wonder why they flood. Well, of course they flood... you just finished forcing juice into it through the air hole. :p

Cartomizers are good, on the go, RELIABLE atomizers. Any problems boil down to many factors...manufacturing, user taste, user knowledge..the list, unfortunately, goes on.

Me personally, I like cartos for the previously mentioned benefit. Portability. Due to the variety of atomization devices out there I sometimes wonder why people try to seek one out as the end-all.
There never will be. And as cheap as cartos are...what the heck do you expect. They fit the bill perfectly for the uses I intend them for.

LV SuzyQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Las Vegas
To the OP,

I had a lot of trouble with cartos too but when I got it right .. It's pretty great for me. I'm using an Ikenvape mega fusion w/ Ibtank 19 mm xl on my pink Provari mini with some AMAZING AiV A quiet morning/afternoon tea and just loving it right now! The flavor is so smooth and clean .. The throat hit is lacking ( tried 6mg) and tons of beautiful thick heavy white vapor!:vapor::rickroll:

LV SuzyQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Las Vegas
Not especially taste better, but because the tank is continuously replenishing the cartomizer with juice, the carto will never dry out (if set up properly). So the taste will be more consistant.

With my method, I don't count the drops. I just add juice, shake the carto like a thermometer (centrifuge result), add more juice, shake some more. I do this until the filler material stays moist like a slushy drink.

I also plug the center air hole with half of a wooden toothpick to block juice out. Therefore, there's no need to put the tank on my mouth to blow out the extra juice that can get in the air tube with dripping or the condom method.

There's no need to let the tank "settle" after filling with my method. The polyfill is as soaked as it ever will be. It's ready to vape immediately.

Bad's way is the only way that works for me consistently :) TY Bad:vapor::toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread