Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Uncle Chuck. I'm worried about your eating habits! Take stock!

Haha! I appreciate the concern, but I rarely eat that kind of stuff, just using it as an example. I can barely tolerate any sort of processed foods, aside from making you feel like crap, and having crap for nutrition, they also taste like crap so it's a crapfecta of awfulness. Although sweet n low is something I need to cut down on, artificial sweeteners are beginning to scare me.

Last edited:

GreekLion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
United States
No-No-No
It is not me, my skills, my equiptment- or even my 'technique'... it is Cartomizers.

I will let the one I have 'swimming' in juice sit for a while.
MAYBE, in a couple of days I will fish it out, dry it off and try it....but-
I really don't think I 'missed' using them.

If you get a chance to meet someone who uses cartos, switch mouthpieces and try it out. I had the same impression on RBAs until I got to use one that someone else had set up properly.

I use cartos primarily for ease of use and had issues starting out, but the trick is to have a tank, have the right amount of holes, have the holes placed correctly, and patience for the first half hour.

There is no easier, disposable, and simpler way that produces a similar result that allows you to go without refilling for a while.

Jjshbetz11

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Ohio
Carto's ant tanks are easy after the learning curve. Punch the carto(I prefer two holes) hole location should be above bottom tank seal. Prime carto(I use condom method) I fill the bigger condom(boge xxl) half full then once again half full. Couple minutes to let is soak in. Blow out carto covering the punched hole(s) till no more sputtering noise. Top off carto with two drops. Pop into tank, fill tank and vape. If holes are punched high enough, I can sit my pv with batt. Connector side of carto facing down for hours and no flooding.

JayPMac

Dec 25, 2011
Minnesota
I'm with you, Yzer. My first kit, purchased on Jan 5, 2012, was an E-Power 14650. Suits me just fine. Started with Boge 2.0 cartos, until QC started to decline. Switched to Smoktech LR (1.7 ohm) cartos and was quite content. Recently switched to Kanger XL cartos, which have been my best carto experience so far. Get 6 refills w/o any degradation in vape quality.

But I've never experienced any of the complaints listed in this thread. I refill from the top, 4 or 5 drops at a time. Patience. :2cool:

JayPMac

Dec 25, 2011
Minnesota
Since I started Vaping in early January of 2012 (E-Power 14650, 3.7 V), I've experimented with several cartos from different vendors.
- Boge 2.0. Great performance, until QC issues started popping up about a year ago. Haven't tried them since.
- SmokTech single-coil LR (1.7 ohm). Again, great performance ... until QC issues like misaligned air tubes, poorly packed fiber.
- Kanger XL horizontal coil. My best experience so far, although I have no idea what the resistance is. Anyone know?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Since I started Vaping in early January of 2012 (E-Power 14650, 3.7 V), I've experimented with several cartos from different vendors.
- Boge 2.0. Great performance, until QC issues started popping up about a year ago. Haven't tried them since.
- SmokTech single-coil LR (1.7 ohm). Again, great performance ... until QC issues like misaligned air tubes, poorly packed fiber.
- Kanger XL horizontal coil. My best experience so far, although I have no idea what the resistance is. Anyone know?

Kangers 510: LR 1.9-2.0 ohm; SR 2.7-3.1ohm.

Edson Arantes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2012
Mexique
LOL!!!!!! you just made my day Iffy.

Oh, yes it is!!!
mock.gif

Skauth

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2013
Austin, Texas
Yeah, the tested and true method of using cartos and tanks that vapers have been employing since the beginning of progressive vaping must just be utter crap.

Don't even bother trying to troubleshoot your technique, or your tank, or your cartos. You are clearly a carto master, with your juice everywhere, and it must be that the whole idea of cartos is subpar.

/end sarcasm

It is not me, my skills, my equiptment- or even my 'technique'... it is Cartomizers.
Cartomizers are awful- Cartomizers are :evil:EVIL :evil:!

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
OK- so I missed a couple of 'steps' in the chain of Vaping progression.

I started with an eGo-C kit...you know- the little cartrages you fill and vape, and love.
Then-Found ECF...bigger and more batteries, clearos, tanks and an eVic.
More tanks, DIY and RBA attys. Watch 2000 YouTube videos.

all the while, I thought I 'missed out' on cartomizers.
Neat looking little tubes you fill with juice-compact and stealthy -Boge's and 510s, XL, XXL- Black and Stainless, add a nice 510 tip....the condom method ! (Hey- I can do that !)

So...
In my Vapemail today came my first mechanical mod- The Natural, 2 XL Dripping Atomzers and...
Two five packs of 510 SR Cartomizers !

First up- The Natural with a Vision Clearo...Great vaping unit-looks good too.
Next- The XL dripping atomizers on my eVic....3 drops of my DIY Huckleberry down the tube-put a new drip tip on....
sweet clouds of vapor- aah ! :vapor:

then...
the cartomizers !!!
OMG---You have got to be kidding me----(#*.*#%#)---- Give me a ciggy, no a big stinky cigar !
Juice EVERYWHERE...clean it up...again !!!- Try a vape... (...........cough,cough,cough)- NO VAPE, NO Juice...dry, bad hit !

Drink some water...take a real vape from my Natural...aah- Thinking: 'I must have not let the juice sink in enough'
Let's retry this...
More juice....Juice EVERYWHERE-dripping on workbench, floor, shoe, fingers and shirt...clean it up...again !!!- Try a vape... (...........cough,cough,cough)- 'Little' vapor, Juice in mouth-Spit, choke...bad-bad-BAD hit !

Cartomizers are awful- Cartomizers are :evil:EVIL :evil:! Cartomizers are short, leaky little tubes that will NEVER compete with ANY other juice delivery system...and
I'm being nice to them.

oh my gawd! lmbo- i was just trying to find a way to ask for ideas on cartomizers as i too feel like i missed this step! people love em and rave about em... i really been researching and wanting to try em... lol- thanks for your thoughts!

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Not especially taste better, but because the tank is continuously replenishing the cartomizer with juice, the carto will never dry out (if set up properly). So the taste will be more consistant.

With my method, I don't count the drops. I just add juice, shake the carto like a thermometer (centrifuge result), add more juice, shake some more. I do this until the filler material stays moist like a slushy drink.

I also plug the center air hole with half of a wooden toothpick to block juice out. Therefore, there's no need to put the tank on my mouth to blow out the extra juice that can get in the air tube with dripping or the condom method.

There's no need to let the tank "settle" after filling with my method. The polyfill is as soaked as it ever will be. It's ready to vape immediately.

I am another one of bad's loyal carto tank followers. :p Never had any real issue. I have taken the toothpick idea a bit further by using a whole toothpick and dripping down that to fill the carto. I do the same thing with my tank tool to fill the tank. I can now fill a carto and a tank in a moving vehicle (not driving of course) without spilling a drop. It just takes some practice to master the technique.

mr_miles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2013
oregon
I've spent some time trying to get carto's to work right to chase the vape I got at a store. I fell in love with that juice that day and it hasn't been the same since. I got the same setup they had, a cheaper one, and a nicer one, and just cant get it. I think my filling technique is the issue. I'm primarily trying the syringe method. I get super close with the cheap X-9 tank off fast tech with boge carto's, but then it gets dry, so I loosen the fill screw, and 5 seconds later it floods ;_;

someday, I'll get unicorn blood in one of my tanks to be perfect!

todd0864

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
USA
I just bought a 6ml tank and 2 smoktech 2.0ohm single coil cartos last night and I can't get much vapor out of them. I used a blunt tip syringe to fill it like all the vids show, took my time, so much time that it actually flooded. So I cleared that up, put it in the tank, filled the tank halfway and not much vapor at all. Go back to my evods and protank 2 and nice big clouds, try the carto again, and it's a lot of nothing. I can drag until the 10 second shutoff kicks in and not much vapor. Any ideas? I really want this thing to work. Oh, and I tried both cartos with the same result. They seem really quite too, so maybe both are defective or something.

tdavids

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2012
Oregon
I just a Smok udct I must say I am not impressed with the dual coil. What I used to vape at 9-10 watts on my evods takes 12 watts with the dual coil carto which is to be expected. On other side even with flooding the catro when I primed it I haven't had to dance between dry hits and juice straw like I do with the evods and mt3s. Once it is set up and filled they work great. I ordered an f17 and some boge single coil cartos to go with it I would have gotten some fusions from Ikenvape but Issac is out of pretty much all xl cartos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread