Cartomizers reviewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
510 cartos fit right on your 510 battery, I believe.:)

Right, that's why I asked if there was a difference besides the screw threading....
i.e. is it just an 808d-1 carto with a 510 screw thread? Or is it different on the inside as well?

I mean, if it's just the threading, I'll buy a $4.00 adapter for my 510s since I also use the 808d-1 and have Vaoprnine's excellent Turbos. If there's a verifiable performance difference, I'll plunk down the cash and get some 510 cartos too.

sanfordf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2010
Northern San Diego county
I would like to know if the "Mega" cartos from nHaler are any different from the other 510 cartos, anyone?

The first one I filled took 40 drops. Or 1.3 - 1.5 ml at least. With the Taryn spin. Basically, orienting the carto with condoms affixed on a lanyard and whirling it around to force the juice into all the packing.

Last edited:

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
Yankee,maybe you can help me out. The only thing I know is the Smoke 51 and theEsmoke.Are you able to buy prefilled cartridges for the 510? From whom do you order these? I hate to buy new chargers and new batteries. The Esmoke and the 51 each use different cartridges,batteries,and chargers. So I am already pretty invested. I really have lots of questions and I am sorry to bother you with them,but I started in September with both of these companies and do not understand all this business about refilling carts,ect.

I really liked the idea of Esmoke having its" own manufacturing plant in the U.S. and producing its" own liquid. Anything you can help me with would be greatly appreciated.

AcidGhost

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
I ordered the 510 cartomizers from Vapor Kings. They have totally changed my vaping world. I have gotten over 24 hours out of these without having to refill. I am a medium to light vaper and I put about 30 or so drops in. The amount of vapor production and flavor is outstanding.
I have heard reports that these new 510 cartos are lasting a decent amount of time as well. I probably wont be going back to atomizers any time soon.

dhowardpeters

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Luisa, I don't even know where to start. If I had continued buying the prefilled carts from Smoking Everywhere as long as you have from your supplier, I'd be frustrated and broke! You can, however, get prefilled carts for any battery type and I'll bet much cheaper than you've been paying. I would really suggest you go to the new member forum and browse through the stickied threads (the 1st ones on the list that have a pushpin icon). There's a lot of good information that I think would help you even though you've been vaping so long. Also, you'll get more help if you post questions in the new member forum. Lots of old timers hang out there just to help people out. Good luck to you:)

BTW, I used my Smoking Everywhere rn4081 kit ($150) for about a month at the beginning of the year. Those prefilled cartridges would last about a half-hour and they cost a fortune. Now I use manual, mega kr808d-1 or 510 batteries (around $12 each from Heaven Gifts) with 510 attomisers (around $7 each) and cartridges I fill myself (pennies for the empty carts and maybe $.50/day in liquid) or 510 cartomisers (combined atomiser/cartridges) that I also fill myself. I also use a mod called The Screwdriver MK1, but that's another story. The learning curve with all of this is enormous, but, believe me, this forum has all the information you need.

Yankee,maybe you can help me out. The only thing I know is the Smoke 51 and theEsmoke.Are you able to buy prefilled cartridges for the 510? From whom do you order these? I hate to buy new chargers and new batteries. The Esmoke and the 51 each use different cartridges,batteries,and chargers. So I am already pretty invested. I really have lots of questions and I am sorry to bother you with them,but I started in September with both of these companies and do not understand all this business about refilling carts,ect.

I really liked the idea of Esmoke having its" own manufacturing plant in the U.S. and producing its" own liquid. Anything you can help me with would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

CartHeadMod

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Holland, Michigan
there is also a company called Smoore that makes a cartomizer that is different than all the ones listed so far.....it is male threaded like the 510 but will not work on a 510.....

these may be the same ones referred to above as the 601....as that is the product code they list for the item....
B1026865530.jpg

Last edited:

Yankee802

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Panama City, Florida
there is also a company called Smoore that makes a cartomizer that is different than all the ones listed so far.....it is male threaded like the 510 but will not work on a 510.....

these may be the same ones referred to above as the 601....as that is the product code they list for the item....
B1026865530.jpg

Those sure look like the 4081 cartos from SmokeStik I mentioned in my review.

dhowardpeters

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Charlotte, NC
No problem Yankee. I've been looking at her post every time I visit this thread, but it's kinda hard to know where to start, you know? I hope she takes the journey. It's worth it!

Now, about my name...:D It's Donna...ROFL I don't know why, but it cracks me up to picture everyone here thinking I'm Howard. Once I realized it was happening, I started to notice the mental imagesI get about people based on their screen names/avatars, etc. For instance, I picture you as a rugged retiree travelling around the country in your RV;). Close? Probably not, but it's fun! I should have kept the Howard persona. We can be whoever we want on the forum!:sneaky:

edit: Just noticed you're in Panama City (when you're not vapin on down the road). I'm from Ft. Walton Bch.

Thanks howard, couldn't have said it better myself, I appreciate you helping her out, I was busy and hadn't the chance to reply yet.

Last edited:

dhowardpeters

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Donna,

Cool, I'm not retired, wouldn't call myself rugged either. :) In my profile is my pic. If you're still in the area, we will be opening up a brick and mortar store for ecig in the near future.

That's awesome! I'm in Charlotte now, but I do still visit (my F-I-L lives there, an uncle, and my Mom has a condo still in Shalimar), and I have a lot of friends there. Give us a name when you're open and I'll try to send some business your way.

Janie47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2010
Tennessee
Snipped for space.....

I've been requested to post my findings/review of the various cartomizers I've got, so here goes.

510: (510 thread) Same as the turbos in performance, and hold 40 drops of juice in the blanks. VERY nice cartos! You can find these as well in blank soft tops. I LOVE these, best flavor, throat hit, and vapor. The draw is very smooth. Good solid 9 all round.

Hope this helps. :)

This is awesome info Yankee! A couple of questions for you on the part I quoted above......

My husband will only use the whistle tip carts so he can hold his ecig in his mouth while he plays guitar, hammers nails, etc. He says the round tips aren't comfortable. Do you know if the soft tops would be good for that purpose? Are they like a regular (nasty) cigarette .... as far as feel in mouth?

Someone else posted a link to nhaler's 510 cartos. Are these the same that you reviewed? If not, where did you purchase those?

I apologize if this has been covered in the thread already.....I skimmed it quickly and may have missed it.

TIA!!

Yankee802

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Panama City, Florida
Well, my advice for your husband would be this: get some drip tips, there are a few out there to choose from. The soft tops would also be great for his purpose, but they don't hold much juice, but that is realy the only downfall of the soft top 510 cartos, but for some it is a big downfall. If you/he goes with driptips, they fit snug enough in a 510 atty or carto to hold it tight, they have rubber gaskets to keep the fit tight. The drip tips hold so well that I can hold a SB or my Precious in my mouth/teeth easy, but of course these are HEAVY, but even still the tips hold. Ok, I'll post links.

510 soft top cartos

T-Tips I recommend the Delrin ones for his purpose, this applies for all the drip tips.

Drew Tips

MadVapes Dripper Tips

Drip Tips do NOT have to be used just for dripping, putting one in a carto in place of the plastic/rubber cap is perfectly fine.

Janie47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2010
Tennessee
Thanks again Yankee.

Took your advice and ordered from all 4 of your links:

LeCigs was out of the 24 mg cartos, but I went ahead and ordered the 16mg from them since they have free shipping (Yay, have bookmarked their site) and the soft top cartos.

Finally ordered a T-Tip from Super T! Have wanted to do this for a while now, but kept procrastinating.

From Drew I ordered the mega cartos. They say "rubber tips" but I don't think that's the same as the soft tops. Thought I'd try anyway since they had 24mg in stock.

Madvapes was out of stock on the cartos, but placed an order with them anyway cos I love them, and never have a problem finding something I can use on their site.

Whew! Thanks for your help. Can you make all my future ecig decisions for me? Makes MY life much easier. (Just kidding of course, well, kinda..... LOL). :)

Yankee802

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Panama City, Florida
LOL. The cartos from Drew have a soft rubber cap, but most call them tips or tops. It's the round white cap at the mouth end that has the hole that you can remove to fill (unless you use the condem method). The ones you got from LeCig are all soft, the whole length is like a hard rubber, with the metal tube inside. It does a pretty good job of simulating the texture/feel of a cigarette filter, you'll see. The T-Tips you got I hope are in the Delrin material, I doubt your hubby will want to clench a metal tip in his mouth with his teeth. Either way, you can pop off the top of the 'normal' 510 (or 901) carto and put the drip tip in and he'll love it, as long as he's using 'normal' ecig batteries and not a mod. (mods will be too heavy and bulky to hang from the mouth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread