The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Cartomizers reviewed.

Discussion in 'Cartomizer Reviews' started by Yankee802, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Janie47

Janie47 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2010
    Tennessee
    Thanks for explaining the carto difference. Not only am I obviously carto illiterate, but after having been married for 30 years, I'm "condom illiterate" as well. (and I'm not real funny either). First chance I get today, I'm going to research this method so we're ready when our stuff arrives.

Yep, ordered the Delrin tips, just like you suggested. I'm really thankful you told me about those though, 'cos last time I researched buying a T-Tip, I'm pretty sure they didn't offer that kind. Plus, I had no idea you could use these for anything other than dripping, so THANKS again!

Re: mods....hubby will never use one for the simple reason of wanting to hold his ecig in his mouth. I never could stand to do that with analogs so it's not an issue for me. I thought I'd be using a mod by now, but doubt I will since getting the Tornado and Ego. I may change my mind after trying the HV passthru that I ordered last night though. I'm hoping that it won't be more than 5 volts, cos I don't think I'd like it any higher, but never know til ya try, eh?

Thanks Yankee, and everyone @ ECF who are always so helpful!
    :wub:

2. Yankee802

Yankee802 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 13, 2010
    Panama City, Florida
    You're welcome, that's what we are here for. :)

3. Quitter

Quitter Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2009
    Cleveland, OH
    So do the nHaler 510 Mega cartos hold more juice than a regular kr808? When I refill an 808 carto I can usually only get about 15 drops in (using the cap/condom method). It's be great if these are truly larger/more capacity! 40 drops!!?? Really?

4. Yankee802

Mar 13, 2010
    Panama City, Florida
    I haven't gotten my 510 cartos from nHaler, but from LiquidXpress and electronicstix, but we'll assume they are all pretty much the same. Yes, I can put in 40 drops in an empty 510 carto.

5. WitchWay

WitchWay Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2009
    Texas
    Yankee I have two different types of 510 cartos. Ones from LiteCig that have the wire up through the middle like a regular 808 and ones from IkenVape that have a coil like an atty down in them, instead of a the wire up through the center. Have you come across both types? Curious when you talk about the 510 cartos which ones you are talking about.

Thanks!!!

6. Mr.Self_Destruct

Mr.Self_Destruct Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2010
    Queens, NY
    I love my 510 cartos!! I got them from litegicusa, they are the hard type, but I think they are the bees knees, the cats pajamas. 5 blank for $6.95.

7. Pokeygizmo

Pokeygizmo Perfectly Imperfect Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2010
    South Carolina
    You can also use either 801 or 901 flat/whistle tips from those respective cartridges -- remove the filler first! The soft 801s will fit over the end of the carto, you can leave the original carto cap in place but the draw will be a little harder. They are a little loose, though, and seem to stretch over time.

The 901 hard flat/whistle tip fit snugly inside the carto...depending on how much filler is inside, you may have to use a sharp knift to cut down the end of the 901 tip but I have had good success with these (better fit on the 510 cartos than the Kr8s). You would have to remove the original end cap from the carto to do this. I like the draw on the 901 tips better and they look nicer IMO...

Cheap alternative particularly if he is already using these...

8. Yankee802

Mar 13, 2010
    Panama City, Florida
    Wichway: I don't have any cartos from Issac (ikenvape) but just emailed him. From your description, it sounds like ikenvape's cartos are very similar to the 4081 thread cartos from SmokeStik. I'll get my hands on some and let you know what I find.

9. Janie47

Feb 5, 2010
    Tennessee
    Our soft tops from lecig came today, Lovin' their service, was just 2 days! The first one out of the box was dead but, chit happens. Put another in using my new HV passthru that also came today from Litecig in just 2 days! It's been first experience with a passthru and it's the bomb. LOVE IT!

I also got him (from litecig) a couple of auto mega 510 batts to go with his soft tops. Very excited after trying it myself, I think this might finally be the combination he needs to be happy with a PV.....hope so anyway. :) I can't wait for him to try these out. Still haven't had time to check out the links on the condom and Taryn methods for the cartos, but gonna do it tonight.

Thanks everyone for all your tips! You've been a huge help. :)

10. Janie47

Feb 5, 2010
    Tennessee
    Thanks Pokey! This sounds like what I'd prefer....cos I don't need/miss a soft top, and am in complete agreement with you on the 901 vs the 510 tips. That's what I use on my 510 too.

Gonna try these methods out, and will report back to ya'll.

Stalking the mailman tomorrow hoping for our Super T drip tips and the blank 510 cartos, (non-soft tops) to come.

It's so fun to get and try new "stuff. :p

11. miss MiA

miss MiA Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 12, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    If it's just not firing up at all, you might want to try this on it:

Staple Mod - Filling The Center Conductor Gap

Very handy trick for when what's actually up is that the metals of the two ends aren't contacting, due to manufacturing variances (and also for when more airflow is needed between a certain batt/connector and carto/atty).

12. Yankee802

Mar 13, 2010
    Panama City, Florida
    Carefull with those cartos on HV, you have to be carefull not to vape them dry or burn them with normal 3.7v batteries, and even more so with 5v or 6v. Just remember to keep those (any) cartos wet, but don't flood them either. It's a learning curve, but you'll get it. :)

13. WitchWay

WitchWay Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2009
    Texas
    Great Yankee! You've done such a thorough job with all the cartos, just thought you would want to add Isaac's 510s to the mix :) I love his 510s, don't get me wrong I like the LiteCig 510s too, but they are both very different. I've never seen a carto with a coil in it before.

Looking forward to your view!!

Happy Vaping!

14. miss MiA

miss MiA Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 12, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    It's amazing in vaping how much these things can vary between people, including ones who are all well-versed in the care and feeding of the particular type of item. Here's a review where SmokeStik cartos did burn, at 3.7V, on a seasoned carto user. (Ones from their authorized reseller discountsmokestik have too.) I'll be trying them myself sometime soon and will add a quick note somewhere on how it goes for me. We also hope to see resident engineer Scottbee post his own experience with them soonish (probably on the thread I linked), tho he's been otherwise engaged lately.

15. Buzzy

Buzzy Super Member ECF Veteran

May 19, 2010
    Chicago
    Thank you so much for this review, Yankee. It is concise, and incisive. I appreciate your effort and insights very much.

16. Yankee802

Mar 13, 2010
    Panama City, Florida
    Thank yoiu, it's nice to know my help is appreciated. ;)

17. txtumbleweed

txtumbleweed Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2009
    Walla Walla
    Wow, thanks for the advise on using the 801 rubber whistle tip over the 510 carto. I love the 801 tip because you can clinch it in your teeth like I'm doing right now as I type. I've been trying to find a rubber whistle tip for 510's and I've had dozens right in front of my nose.lol
    Thanks!!

18. txtumbleweed

txtumbleweed Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2009
    Walla Walla
    If your husband wants a tip that he can hold in his mouth. The one that comes on the 801 is the way to go. They are soft rubber whistle tips and very comfortable. They are also very cheap. You can just buy the carts and pull off the tip and slide it over the outside of the 510 and it fits perfect. Thanks again Pokey!

19. ImYourSalt

ImYourSalt Moved On ECF Veteran

Jun 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    So WHICH cartomizers should I buy?

and WHO from?
    (cuz the SLB 510's I got from LiteCig aren't worth a dime)

-Thanks! ;)

20. Yankee802

Mar 13, 2010
    Panama City, Florida
    Well, of all the cartos I've used, I think the SmokeStik ones are the best, with regular (Boge/silver thread) ones being a close second.

SmokeStik cartos can be bought here.

510 cartos can be bought almost anywhere, but your best place would probably be MadVapes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.