Cartridge performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
To be fair, and for the sake of revisiting them in order to do a proper review, I have been using the cart again for the past half hour, just to get a good idea of how it performs. As long as I am not chain vaping, it is actually doing pretty well. I have been taking about 3 large puffs every 3 or 4 minutes. By large puffs, I mean that I am puffing about 3 primer puffs, then taking a good 6 or 7 second puff. This method has kept me going for the past half hour. I usually vape more heavily, so the carts do not satisfy me, therefore I drip. (By the way, my battery is sealed.) Review sequence over, back to dripping, LOL.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
Good question. As I first vape my Leo I tend to do a test puff to see how wet or dry the cart is. If the vape is too hot in my throat I put one or two drops on the atty and fill the cart up. I can then take nice long, slow puffs on the cart, pouring out huge billows of vapor. I can do this for several minutes, or until I notice the vapor getting too hot, before I let it rest a couple minutes. Typically I'd say I get 10-12 good, long puffs out of it. With the amount of vapor that comes from those 10 hits it pretty much satisfies me.

VeeDubb65

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Monmouth, OR

rsmith76

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
Bradford, Ohio
I tried something a little different this morning with my leo. I took a brand new cart and pricked the polyester several times with a needle. This seems to have helped quite a bit. Now, the atomizer leaks into the battery. Since my batteries are both sealed, it's not a big deal, just have to wipe it occassionally. It does seem to leak worse than my 801 ever did. Sure would be nice to get an atty that wicks good and does not leak for the leo. Are you listening Boge? I also ordered two more attys from MadVapes to have some back ups. I do not want to give up on the leo, but ........ I have not tried the fluval filling as yet, but am going to give it a try. Maybe I poked the polyester a little to much. I didn't count, lol, just poked it several times. Hope this helps a few folks. Has anyone else experienced a "leaking leo"? The two attys I recieved with my leo kits are both "gold". The two I ordered say they are "black gold". Anyone know if there's a difference? rsmith76

Last edited:

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
I tried something a little different this morning with my leo. I took a brand new cart and pricked the polyester several times with a needle. This seems to have helped quite a bit. Now, the atomizer leaks into the battery. Since my batteries are both sealed, it's not a big deal, just have to wipe it occassionally. It does seem to leak worse than my 801 ever did. Sure would be nice to get an atty that wicks good and does not leak for the leo. Are you listening Boge? I also ordered two more attys from MadVapes to have some back ups. I do not want to give up on the leo, but ........ I have not tried the fluval filling as yet, but am going to give it a try. Maybe I poked the polyester a little to much. I didn't count, lol, just poked it several times. Hope this helps a few folks. Has anyone else experienced a "leaking leo"? The two attys I recieved with my leo kits are both "gold". The two I ordered say they are "black gold". Anyone know if there's a difference? rsmith76

If you try the poking thing again, start with one and test it out. The poke another hole and test again, etc. I do think you're going to flood your atty though and might gunk it up.

Does anyone sell modded 801 carts (either fluval or the ADM)?

Fabsta

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Jo'burg, South Africa
I'm also struggling to find the perfect balance with carts that's consistent. Either too leaky or not wicking well enough. I seem to be cleaning out the battery quite often. Are there any specific pen-style carts that are superior to others? I think I'll order a couple of differernt types to test. Other than that the Leo is great. I'm definately not going to give up on it.

Last edited:

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
BTW: I noticed that the Dekang PG only juices have no problems with wicking or flowing from the cart. However I noticed that PG/VG mixes tend to clot or stay at the bottom of the cart. Could be because VG sticks to the poly fill down there? I'm not sure. Anyhow, the blue foam type "U" marine filters when cut into a "T" work decent.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
BTW: I noticed that the Dekang PG only juices have no problems with wicking or flowing from the cart. However I noticed that PG/VG mixes tend to clot or stay at the bottom of the cart. Could be because VG sticks to the poly fill down there? I'm not sure. Anyhow, the blue foam type "U" marine filters when cut into a "T" work decent.

The problem is I don't really care for 100% PG liquid. A little bit of VG seems to go a long way.

rsmith76

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
Bradford, Ohio
I have been happily vaping on my leo for the past 45 min., and it has been working flawlessly. I started using some juice I got from madvapes, and it's working perfectly. I'm guessing the juice is vg, as it is very thin. Maybe this is the answer to some of the wicking issues that some of us have encountered. I got my kits from valuevapor. James is great to deal with and has offered to replace my atomizers. I feel as though I can't send them back when they are working. I just replaced and refilled a new cart, did not poke any holes in it with a needle, and it works great. I talked with a company rep this morning and was told they are working dilligently with the atomizer issues. She informed me of the cartomizers, but did'nt have any knowledge of an improved atomizer. I truly hope they can come up with a fix. The leo could be a winner. Hope this helps some of you folks. rsmith76

Mobius_13

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Hanover, PA
I gave it a shot but it flooded out my atty, and drew a lot of juice back in my mouth. Maybe I didn't leave enough foam at the top of the "T".

To rsmith, I think VG is actually thicker. Don't quote me on that though. Also if your madvapes juice is sample size, I believe they are 50/50 mix and their larger sizes are 70/30. Glad you are enjoying your Leo. I love mine also. I too enjoy madvapes juice. Very well priced and lots of flavor.

Last edited:

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
@rsmith76, adding VG to a PG mix will thicken the juice. VG is very thick to begin with, and PG is pretty thin and viscous. Most people add VG because it adds a sweeter taste and creates more vapor. I add it to my juices when I need to cut the nicotine levels. Often I'll just buy 16mg PG juice and cut it with 10-20% VG. I find too much VG, and the draw on the cartridge and atomizer (in ANY model PV) becomes too hard. I've made 50/50 PG/VG before and it's only good for dripping (IMO). Some folks use it for everything. To me, it seems to cake up on the atomizer too much and clog the air holes.

Renro

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
New England
When I first got my Leo, I was using 50/50 gourmet vapor juice on one atty and Backwoods Brew 70/30 on another. The first day it seemed to work fine but the hit and the vapor was getting weaker and weaker and the draw was getting ridiculously hard as the day went by. So Wednesday, I put 2 of my atty's in %100 proof vodka for 2 hours and then ran them through with hot water using the bottle method and let them dry until tonight. I put a new cartridge on the cleaned atty and used BackWoods Brew mix. WHAT a difference. It's like a whole different PV. I'm getting an easy draw, tons of tasty vapor and my atty isn't heating at all after 10 drags. It's noticeably improved from that first day when the atty's were getting so hot after only 2-3 drags before the cleaning.

I took a couple of cartridges, pulled out the stuffing, ran them through the hot water, pulled them apart and am letting them dry. When i pulled them out I noticed that it wasn't glue on the bottom but a bit of plastic that i had to cut off. Nothing was burned. I want to see if it will make any difference. . . .

So how long are cartridges supposed to last, how many times can you clean them out? Where do I find more stuffing. Is the blue marine stuff any better or just different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread