New Leo User

Status
Not open for further replies.

robblundberg

Moved On
Oct 12, 2011
Moline,IL
Got a re-badged leo awhile back, atty/cart combo, absolutely hated the 3 piece system. Atty's always seemed to get the nastiest burnt taste after maybe a half an hours use. I also use 808's on a regular basis which i absolutely love.

set the leo off to the side because i never knew carto's were available for it until today. so i rushed home after work and ordered 5 of em' lol. super excited to get them in and try them out! if they're as great as the 808 carto's i'll be thrilled!

so to all the current leo user's, is it worth it to pick up a leo passthru or should i just save my money? i mean the leo basically already works like a passthru so i don't honestly see the point? but i love my 808 passthru, it's a completely different animal than a standard 808 in terms of vapor production/throat hit. same thing with the leo or what?

also should i look into a second backup battery? i mean i know these things last a long ... time so i don't know that it's necessary but i like to be prepared, so.......yay or nay?

thanks for any help guys and i just wanted to post in the leo forum since i mainly just hang around the 808 and general forums :)

robblundberg

Moved On
Oct 12, 2011
Moline,IL
VZ Leo Passthrough USB Battery 1000mAh - E Cig : Joye eGo & eGo-T | Boge Leo | Cartomizers | E-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes | eGo Tank

k, i just answered one of my questions. definately picking one of these up! 1000mah! that's awesome! so basically the leo is either a passthru or a carry along? the pt function just happens to exist on all new models is what i've come to learn from reading through here the last day or so.

and the one in the link has the new lockout function which is awesome.

i'm gonna pick one of them bad boys up, and when the carto's get here i'll try em out, if they work great then no need to get the lr carto's if not at least i now know that the lr carto's are available.

only question i have is that the lr carto's will work fine on the leo correct? since it's a high mah battery? also can i use the lr carto's on it while it's acting as a passthru or only when it's not plugged in?

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
The Leo passthrough does not increase the voltage like the standard 808 pt. The 808 pt runs at 5v while standard 808 batts start at around 4v and drop as you use them. There is no battery in the 808 pt. Leo pts charge the battery as you use it, so it runs just like it normally does when untethered. ....so LR will run the same pt or not pt.

On another note: I never leave batteries charging unattended, or pts on with a carto attached without being nearby. They have safety features to prevent problems, but nothing is perfect. I know someone who's battery (not a Leo) vented flame while he was sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread