CASAA | Administration

Status
Not open for further replies.
8. Support studies, clinical trials and independent research based on improving the relative safety and effectiveness of "e-cigarettes", smokeless tobacco products, nicotine replacements, and smoking cessation or replacement products.

Works for me!

mtndude

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Roan Mountain, TN
Everything seems to be moving along nicely.

In regards to CASAA Board positions and duties, specifically Subject Area Experts. Here are some thoughts on the structure:

1. Communications (Public/Media Relations)

2. Science (includes medicine and technology)

3. Legal

4. Financial

Any At-Large Member could fill the roll of one of the above, if we feel the need to adhere to only 3 Subject Area(SA) experts. i.e. "All walks of life" could very well be a Communications expert, CPA or any number of fields of expertise.

My hopes are that regardless of who is elected as an Subject Area Expert, they will have the limitless resources from CASAA's membership rolls and the ever-growing ECF community.

Last edited:

webtaxman

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Webby and all,

I think Webby was initially spot on regarding “offline members.” IMO, I should not have said it was redundant, which lead to consolidating these very different groups of people. See how open Webby has been to ideas? I bet he was hoping someone would challenge my reasoning. 8-o

IMO, we should emphasize our offline members role in CASAA’s Organizational Goals. I do now believe we should have a separate item for “offline members/supporters.” Remember who this group represents and the demographics:

Smokers represent the majority of the lower class. How many even own a computer?

The % is debatable, but the last I heard is that 40% in the USA (3 million * 40%) still do not even own a computer.

So there are many people with no or limited web access

The older generation – that Webby already mentioned -- simply will not navigate around an unfamiliar website even if they did manage to find it

AOLers are a great example. Many, (my mother included) :rolleyes: never knew there is actually SOMETHING ---ANYTHING outside of AOL’s homepage.

Lastly, older people vote. Politicians know this and cater to them. Therefore, CASAA needs them.

What types of costs are involved with paper/offline announcements, newsletters, etc.?

How can we reduce those costs?

Should we separate these Organizational Goals for this very different yet very important demographic?

I think so, and we should place even more emphasis on this demographic.

Thoughts? Anyone?

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread