Not open for further replies.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Very nice, Dorothy!!

The only thing I think needs a "tweek" is that the required warning on smokeless products says "This product in not a safe alternative to smoking." Using the word "safe" and ignoring that it is magnitudes safer is how they are "technically" not lying, but are deceiving people into thinking it's not much safer than smoking.

I've just posted my first YouTube video. Let me know what you think about it. :unsure:

YouTube - What is the truth?

I hope this link works.:?:

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
That was the idea, Jordan - to keep them all about 30 seconds and in the same format as the first two. I like your sound ideas (lol yeah...hard to describe but I got your explanation) because it helps get around copyrights on music/songs.

A voice-over reading the text could be a good option, too. I echo T9c's question - any members have a good "commercial" voice who want to help??

This is going to be tough to describe over the interwebz, but...

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
The stars are always interested in causes and there are quite a few of them switching to vaping. I don't think it would be too difficult to get one or two to voice over once there are many to choose from. Don't give up on the idea. Having a commercial voice over voice is a great alternative until we can figure out how to contact the stars. (through their agents? through their websites? surely there's somebody who knows somebody who ... ) Don't forget the musician/singers too, who've had a hard time quitting tobacco...
Did Ellen Degeneres ever quit? She knows everybody... {if she's too busy at the moment to help otherwise.}

Turnkeys

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
SW Washington State
I've just posted my first YouTube video. Let me know what you think about it. :unsure:

YouTube - What is the truth?

I hope this link works.:?:

I just got to watching this, playing catch-up. Well done! I like the piano soundtrack, it's dramatic and attention catching but not overly dark. I've added it to my favorites for FB linking.

ps: I'm not sure what will come of it yet, but I've started reading up on DIY voice-overs. Seems there's more to it than just plugging a mic into one's sound card. lol Once I've gathered a few items I'll make a few test samples and upload them.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I agree about the lack of sound.

This is going to be tough to describe over the interwebz, but.
That is close to what I was going to suggest.

but I was going to say have sound until the "suprised" screen, and then go silent for the remainder.
The idea of a light bulb "ding" type of sound is interesting, but I'm worried it might come off a little hokey.

I think going silent might highlight the importance of the subject and the create more impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread