Nov 25, 2015
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg More pics

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
I’m currently finishing a whole new mod. Complete departure from the LBC series. Think 20700 meets dna75C meets 11ml moddog bottle. NOT 3D PRINTED. Think blue, clear, or Ultem with stainless top and bottom. All made here, considering a new 510 as well.
You know I'm in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
I’m almost done with the prototype but it’s made of blue nylon which is similar to blue Delrin that has been used before. I’m having an issue getting a smooth finish without milling marks. When fresh off the mill it’s a bright royal blue but after wet sanding it it gets a haze and feels like super fine suede. I have a big block of Ultem on the way. I think I’m going to contract out the stainless steel top and bottom plates to keep everything uniform from mod to mod. The more difficult bottom plate and body are finished. On to the easier top plate. I’m super stoked just to be able to demo this thing. Little hint: Think pulsar meets, Kimera, meets the Palm with a bump in battery size and juice capacity. I’m super stoked.

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
I’m almost done with the prototype but it’s made of blue nylon which is similar to blue Delrin that has been used before. I’m having an issue getting a smooth finish without milling marks. When fresh off the mill it’s a bright royal blue but after wet sanding it it gets a haze and feels like super fine suede. I have a big block of Ultem on the way. I think I’m going to contract out the stainless steel top and bottom plates to keep everything uniform from mod to mod. The more difficult bottom plate and body are finished. On to the easier top plate. I’m super stoked just to be able to demo this thing. Little hint: Think pulsar meets, Kimera, meets the Palm with a bump in battery size and juice capacity. I’m super stoked.
I like the sound of those mixtures.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

V4Vendetta

Micro Coil Lover
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
SIN/BKK/SFO
Looks like the LBC200 is going to be slightly modified to fit the DNA250C board. The prototype will be shipped off to my carbon fiber cnc Guy this week. These will be limited to 50 pieces.

+1 if I didn't already do so :)

P.S. My current LBC200 screen went dark last week (still works). I will be back in California in a week or so and will contact you to send it back for repair. Hopefully, you will have time.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
+1 if I didn't already do so :)

P.S. My current LBC200 screen went dark last week (still works). I will be back in California in a week or so and will contact you to send it back for repair. Hopefully, you will have time.

That’s an easy fix if you wanted to do it yourself. I believe protovapor sells the screens separately for $10 if you were so inclined.

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
:tumble:
Go away tumble weed, this threads about to get hoppin' again!
@Chowderhead1972 -good to hear from ya with new things on the horizon. If you can, will you share some current pics of your wash machine? I'd love seeing what you've decorated the top of it with. Is there only talks of new mods or is there any chance the existing LBC's and JR's in the wild can come back for some new board love? 75C for JR and 250C for big brother? Maybe carbon plates required for the upgrade? Also, on a side note- I sent my JR to you for the battery issue a few months back. I notice there is still an issue with battery drain if I forget to take the battery out at night. Luckily, no battery has been drained past 2.5V, but close. Is that normal for the JR? would the 75C board fix that problem? I don't notice it at all on the LBC's.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
:tumble:
Go away tumble weed, this threads about to get hoppin' again!
@Chowderhead1972 -good to hear from ya with new things on the horizon. If you can, will you share some current pics of your wash machine? I'd love seeing what you've decorated the top of it with. Is there only talks of new mods or is there any chance the existing LBC's and JR's in the wild can come back for some new board love? 75C for JR and 250C for big brother? Maybe carbon plates required for the upgrade? Also, on a side note- I sent my JR to you for the battery issue a few months back. I notice there is still an issue with battery drain if I forget to take the battery out at night. Luckily, no battery has been drained past 2.5V, but close. Is that normal for the JR? would the 75C board fix that problem? I don't notice it at all on the LBC's.

I actually did a recall on the first batch of LBC jrs to fix this issue. Feel free to send yours in to have the issue fixed. The issue was caused by the fact that the 30% Carbon fiber material that the LBC jr is made of is actually a semi-conductor. After weeks of testing I found the battery would drain approximately 1% per hour. This is rectified by changing the screw that holds in the positive battery contact to a non conductive REMY bolt and installing a peek spacer between the cf body and the positive terminal. So ulimately changing to a different board wouldn’t change much if anything. I actually do have prints to do a Dna75C faceplate for the JR that if their is enough support for such a concept I could do that but it’s currently not a priority. Once I have up/down/menu buttons for the C series boards I might push a little harder. I currently have 60 of the LBC bodies in inventory that need to move to free up money for projects.

Irish Messing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2014
GA, USA
Looks like the LBC200 is going to be slightly modified to fit the DNA250C board. The prototype will be shipped off to my carbon fiber cnc Guy this week. These will be limited to 50 pieces.

What’s the price, Tom?

Probably $400 with carbon

I currently have 60 of the LBC bodies in inventory that need to move to free up money for projects.

Well now... I do love my LBCs and I can't really argue with another one... Question though - what colors are going to be available? I'd just about kill to get a 250C in red (my fav LBC color)...but that brings me to my next inquiry...

So no love for carbon fiber kits for the LBC jr?

I actually did a recall on the first batch of LBC jrs to fix this issue.

I haven't really used my Jr. only because of this (I know, it's my own fault for not sending it in already). I'd be down for a set of CF for the Jr. If you do this CF run for them, I'd like to send you my Jr. to get the drainage fix.

And while I'm at it - hopefully not asking too much... TwistedThrottle mentioned a 75C Jr... JMHO, sounds good...

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Well now... I do love my LBCs and I can't really argue with another one... Question though - what colors are going to be available? I'd just about kill to get a 250C in red (my fav LBC color)...but that brings me to my next inquiry...

I haven't really used my Jr. only because of this (I know, it's my own fault for not sending it in already). I'd be down for a set of CF for the Jr. If you do this CF run for them, I'd like to send you my Jr. to get the drainage fix.

And while I'm at it - asking too much... TwistedThrottle mentioned a 75C Jr... JMHO, sounds good...
Sadly red isn’t an option on the LBC 250c. Like a meathead I had all the reds dipped and stripped and anno’ed black and Orange. I have Blue, Orange, Black, and a few powders left. Also have 1 clear anno, and 2 of the elusive greens. Also to differentiate the 250c from the original I plan on using black 510s on the 250c version as an added subtle touch.

Send the jr for recall fix please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread