[CLOSED}

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
...but I just want you to know that I’m not going anywhere. My hope is that this sub forum doesn’t become so desolate that ECF turns the lights off. Once I get the 250c and 75c mods up and running I will post a bunch of washer pics that I know you guy are so jealously fond of.

Hey Tom, good to hear your not going away. I look back here almost daily, its my e-social outlet as I refuse to do fbook anymore. I always have something from you in my rotation, be it a LBC, LBC jr. or one of the many atties you've made me. I appreciate your work and look forward to seeing more down the line. Maybe we can help keep it from being desolate by showing some of our CAM products that we love and use daily.
IMG_4399.JPG
My LBC jr with CAM Stumpy

Boobsley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2016
Indiana
I’m not an OG, but love all the Artie’s I have purchased form you, & the LBC Jr. is in daily use. I started my vaping journey too late to have a Catfished stumpy, but I shire do think I need one.
Also miss the frequency of Attys being modded, but am happy for you in your new position. I hope things keep going well for you. Is your son starting college ball this fall?

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Thanks for the kind words. The current FB suspension I’m currently serving has changed my online perspective to a degree. I wouldn’t say I have become infatuated with the day to day lives of long lost friends (and others) but I will admit I do pay a lot more attention to mindless drivel than I ever have before, I’m not sure how or why. I think it comes down to being inundated with to much information. I’m slowly coming to terms with the fact that we simply have to much information foisted at us. I love the internet and the ability to research nearly anything in seconds but when those searches are used against you via marketing based on recent search terms and clicks that you have made recently it has gone too far. We can Notice this every time we go online. ECF does it also but not to the same extent as the big social media outlets. It’s everywhere. I could rant on this topic for pages but I won’t.

My point is this: For those of you that hate FB, I get it; most days I do as well. I started on FB to take CFAM to the next level but somehow I lost focus on that goal.

While I lost my marketing focus I have never lost my love of making cool stuff and modifying other existing products to meet our needs. I need to get back to that and I’m working in that direction. I’m currently in a holding pattern waiting for faceplates for both new mods. The prints are done, the programs are written, now it’s just a matter of waiting for the big machines to begin whirring away....

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
I’m not an OG, but love all the Artie’s I have purchased form you, & the LBC Jr. is in daily use. I started my vaping journey too late to have a Catfished stumpy, but I shire do think I need one.
Also miss the frequency of Attys being modded, but am happy for you in your new position. I hope things keep going well for you. Is your son starting college ball this fall?
You might get in touch with “Beez” as I recall he was looking to re-home a few stumpys. Personally I’m down to 2 of them and I will admit I’m a bit attached to them.

As to Zach he is going into 11th grade this year and informal football practice has already started and when not at practice he is assisting the youth league coaches and mentoring a bunch of the incoming freshmen.

As to the frequency of attys being modded: In all honesty modding attys has always been my favorite part of CatFish. The issue is now attys are designed with squonking in mind from the outset and are simple to mod, most often just requiring the change of a screw. Attys like the Marquis, the Veritas, even the Derringer are gone and won’t come back until squonking goes back underground so to speak. It would seem the Narda has changed everything. It would seem that nearly every new Atty that has come out in the last year borrows heavily from the Narda, there are even a few that are just carbon copies with different hardware. Point: if you see something you would like to see bottom fed or more likely bottom fed effectively post it up. I personally have fallen in love with the Flave 24mm but much like everything I own (vape gear, cars, trucks, bikes, you name it) it is heavily modified.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Tom, I need to send a shout out to you on email. Looking for you to do some work on your mods that need some attention.

I deleted my FB page about 8 months ago. Never going back. Too many people I purposely left behind found me.....:facepalm:.
Ready and waiting. I’m not touching those green SunBoxes though. Me and working on SB Mods has never ended well. While the LBC and LBC jr look similar from the outside, internally they are opposite ends of the spectrum.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Hey Tom, good to hear your not going away. I look back here almost daily, its my e-social outlet as I refuse to do fbook anymore. I always have something from you in my rotation, be it a LBC, LBC jr. or one of the many atties you've made me. I appreciate your work and look forward to seeing more down the line. Maybe we can help keep it from being desolate by showing some of our CAM products that we love and use daily.
View attachment 750715
My LBC jr with CAM Stumpy
Sounds like a great idea. Who has the most beat up LBC? Let’s see.... bet it still works.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Feels like activity across the whole of ECF has fallen off precipitously. Perhaps a sign of vaping becoming more mainstream in general - less need for an educational resource board. I think a lot of us peeps still here daily are the kind of people who hang out at show and shines or go to knife/gun shows.

For myself, an LBC with Narda topper is my vaping sanctuary. For that, I thank you, Tom. :thumb:

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Glad to see you hanging in there CH [emoji4] I haven’t been on ECF much myself. No particular reason other than there are so many FB groups. And I am not on the hunt for new stuff like I was before. I am still just as dedicated to squonking as ever. Just havent had a need to buy much lately since I have more than I need and I make my own juice. I still have my several Stumpies that I use along with some other attys. Hoping they all last for the long haul. The pricing of many of the quality attys have gotten outrageous in my opinion. It would be nice to see some BF attys in the market that are more reasonably priced.

From what I have seen, squonking has become more main stream which I feel is a good thing. [emoji4] Thanks for all that you have done for the squonking community CH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
New material, new board, new bottle, new 510, new faceplates, new buttons.
A307051D-EBA7-4ED7-9463-35402325BE0C.jpeg

4A73BEED-8470-48E6-BEFB-AB74538DA2D4.jpeg
669D2E2F-5415-4430-9F18-6DA77D223892.jpeg
4B6534A3-BE91-4621-9F03-A4F2B8251D01.jpeg

The bottle is 10ml+, glass reinforced nylon, Varitube BF v2 Black 510
The pictured faceplate and buttons are not the production versions. The final buttons will be wide and short not round like the v1

This bottle will retrofit into the Jr v1 also, I will be taking orders for bottles and batteries starting now. Sadly the bottle does not fit the LBC 200 but I do have one from the same company that looks identical just scaled down to 8ml that will fit the 200.
Bottles $12 (either size) available in smoked or clear
Batteries (Sanyo 20700A (30a/3ah) $15ea

motabrownie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Lawrence, KS
Stormtrooper LBC Jr?!?!?!?!? Damn you Catfish!! Unfortunately for me money is tight right now so Im gonna have to sell my Jr v1 before I can get one. Which reminds me, I need to finally send my Jr in for the long needed battery drain fix. Once I do that I'll put it up in the classies. Hopefully I can get over to PO before it closes today. If not, then I'll send it on Tuesday.
:thumbs:

V4Vendetta

Micro Coil Lover
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
SIN/BKK/SFO
New material, new board, new bottle, new 510, new faceplates, new buttons.

The bottle is 10ml+, glass reinforced nylon, Varitube BF v2 Black 510
The pictured faceplate and buttons are not the production versions. The final buttons will be wide and short not round like the v1

This bottle will retrofit into the Jr v1 also, I will be taking orders for bottles and batteries starting now. Sadly the bottle does not fit the LBC 200 but I do have one from the same company that looks identical just scaled down to 8ml that will fit the 200.
Bottles $12 (either size) available in smoked or clear
Batteries (Sanyo 20700A (30a/3ah) $15ea

What is the body material for the mod? Delrin?

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
I like blackish color like Jr. ...
Me too honestly. I thought I would like the white a lot better but in daily use I’m thinking Nardo gray or darker would look and wear better. I have 2 more prototype bodies to build yet, I’m thinking a nardo gray will still give the hint of contrast but not be so girly.

skillzizzo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2015
west lebanon nh
Hello Catfish, would you by any chance have any post screws for the vector still. I have searched all of the internet for them and can't find them any were. Or no were I can get some. thanks my friend. Jeff also would you have any better fit orings for it as well I seem to remember now why I stopped using it and that's because the top fits so tight that it end up striping the threads of my tmod lipo mod and I had to send it in to tbev to get a new 510 put in it. Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread