Catfish atty mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Ok, I'll pick the cyclone bottom row center.

Nicely done sir.. Free shipping for Walter Ego if and when...

No military in my past. I wish I had however but I was too much of a hammerhead when I was 18-25. I would have spent a lot of time in the brigg...

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Update: The clones have arrived... I'm still waiting on the Magma's and the Helios but the Quasars (brass) Tridents (mostly black, one gold) Zenith v2 (with full sets of all the color rings to go with each atty)and a single TOBH have arrived and look great.. The trident and the Zenithv2s look like they are going to be challenging but I am positive I can handle them without resorting to Swiss cheesed isolators. I will be drilling what I can today. Waiting on hardware for the Tridents and Zenithv2.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
14750986473_b5d6750149_b.jpg
which atty is on the bottom row far left?

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
*****UPDATE*****
All atties have been drilled but here were a few discrepancies in the suppliers description.
Atomic Clone EHPro (no problems)with markings 3 available $40
Brass Quasar clone (no problems) with markings 2 available $45 1 SPF to ClarkF
TOBH clone markings (no problems) 1 available $40
Black Trident w/silver afc ring (chromed brass center post, brass contact pin) $25 due to brass 2 available
Zenith v2 ss clone(chromed brass center post, brass center pin ) $25 due to brass 2 available

I am currently using one of each of the Trident and Zenith on a daily rotation to examine any issues with the brass in them. I will take them apart Wednesday or Thursday to evaluate.
The juice/brass exposure is minimal on the Zenith and slightly greater on the Trident.

Just to re-state: All of these have been center bored and relieved to be used as bottom fed atomizers. None of these have drilled or otherwise altered bushings.

Last edited:

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Reactor v2 s are great atties bottom feed nicely, cheap and never cloned (so far anyhow). I saw them on ebay this morning for $30. $30 + 15+ $5.80 =$50.80 for vaping bliss, 100% stainless, not a clone, look awesome, how can you go wrong.

Cyclone tf original edition (with the cupped deck) can be had for $33 and bottom feed nicely. 33+15+5.80=Legendary bottom feeding for $54.

I will also at your direction buy whatever atty you desire mod it just send a pm for directions. (This saves you from having to ship twice and saves time as well)

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
Reactor v2 s are great atties bottom feed nicely, cheap and never cloned (so far anyhow). I saw them on ebay this morning for $30. $30 + 15+ $5.80 =$50.80 for vaping bliss, 100% stainless, not a clone, look awesome, how can you go wrong.

Cyclone tf original edition (with the cupped deck) can be had for $33 and bottom feed nicely. 33+15+5.80=Legendary bottom feeding for $54.

I will also at your direction buy whatever atty you desire mod it just send a pm for directions. (This saves you from having to ship twice and saves time as well)

Wow some great options. Which atty do you think works the best for BF?

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Wow some great options. Which atty do you think works the best for BF?

It depends on what you are looking for in an atty.. The Atomic is a great all around atty that does well with dual coils down to about .6 ohms; below that a 22mm is a better choice. The Quasar or the Zenithv2 are great workhorse atties for those looking for maximum taste and vapor.

If you are chasing taste and clouds are a secondary concern I would suggest the Reactorv2 or the cyclone. The Reactor would be my first choice for both mod ability and cost as well as simplicity when dual coils are planned. The cyclone is great but with only two posts and the afc cap costing more than the atty it becomes more suited to those that single coil or already have the afc..

My current favorite is the Zenith although I have not tested the Quasar. The Zenith leaves the Trident in the dust in the same way a nice mechanical will leave a Provari in the dust.. The Output of the Zenith is amazing; it has the taste of a much smaller atty but Vapor like I have never seen before. I will coil a Quasar today and provide my findings, hopefully it follows the Zenith and not the Trident. I will not be selling the Tridents after these two are gone. The Trident works and is arguably the best looking of the bunch in my opinion but the output is not on par with even the Atomic let alone the the Zenith..

Last edited:

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
*****UPDATE*****
All atties have been drilled but here were a few discrepancies in the suppliers description.
Atomic Clone EHPro (no problems)with markings 3 available $40
Brass Quasar clone (no problems) with markings 2 available $45 1 SPF to ClarkF
TOBH clone markings (no problems) 1 available $40
Black Trident w/silver afc ring (chromed brass center post, brass contact pin) $25 due to brass 2 available
Zenith v2 ss clone(chromed brass center post, brass center pin ) $25 due to brass 2 available

I am currently using one of each of the Trident and Zenith on a daily rotation to examine any issues with the brass in them. I will take them apart Wednesday or Thursday to evaluate.
The juice/brass exposure is minimal on the Zenith and slightly greater on the Trident.

Just to re-state: All of these have been center bored and relieved to be used as bottom fed atomizers. None of these have drilled or otherwise altered bushings.

Update:
Atomic $40 1 left
Quasar $45 2 left
TOBH Gone
Black trident drop to $20 3 left
Zenith v2 Gone

If you have any requests please post them here. I'm working on having Reactorv2 authentics in stock as well as cyclones. Sorry no cyclone AFC's yet..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread