Catfish atty mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
The issue with the Veritas is the 2mm center screw that runs from the 510 to the top. If that were 3mm I could change the world. I will look into it. I could do a positive terminal like the Origen series but with a slightly larger hole.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
"Unless you love that stovepipe vape you need the slam cap. I'm not sure if it $5 or $8 now but it makes the rem great for folks that don't enjoy felating a transit bus."

Where I be gettin' that, Mr Wizard?? :w00t:
Pm sent... Ecf gets a little whiny when I post links.....

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Tom you did not come across in any way that made me feel you're mad at me brother. One thing out of many that I like and respect about you is you're straight up. You tell it like it is. To me that's never rude the opposite is rude IMHO which is to play face. I sincerely appreciate your willingness to help me see the light of this atty...to be honest I'm blown away by your completely unnecessary kindness...

And I feel like a heel for upsetting you. When I take a step back I see how negative my posts have been. While none of that has been in anyway directed at you it's a mute point.it doesn't belong here. It should have stopped with my initial expression of disappointment and difficulty or at the very least stopped at your generous offer. I'm in the exact position you describe in your odin story. It's so easy to get flustered when something that should be so simple becomes so frustrating. However enough is enough and was enough a long time ago. Just know my intention was never to come across as a crud though imo that's how I did come across likely to a lot of you out there. So sorry to all, not just tom.

My rem ships to ya tomorrow and like I said in my email earlier please please please take your time.

You freaking rock brother :) :)

Penguiness thank you. Are you enjoying it quite a bit?

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
I am ok with it so far. It is hard for me to give fair assessment towards the end of the day. I will be spending the whole day with it tomorrow so I can put it through my normal routine. I'll know this time tomorrow if it will work well for me.

Magaro

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Corning, NY, USA
Unless you love that stovepipe vape you need the slam cap. I'm not sure if it $5 or $8 now but it makes the Rem great for folks that don't enjoy felating a transit bus.

Hey, hey. Watch it. Don't be judging us transit bus fellaters. We don't judge you cocktail straw suckers.

Kentastic

Not Batman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Central Californication
Thanks for the heads up Tom! I see them here ..... Slam Cap for REMatty by REM Creations

Temp fix .....

Yeah I'm trying to sell mine because that seems to be the only place to get a slam cap and while they look like they are in stock every single time I try and check out they say they are out of stock. Can't vape with the metal top cap. People keep posting this link, but I'm having a hell of a time getting one. Might keep it if I can switch to a regular delrin drip tip.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
The issue with the Veritas is the 2mm center screw that runs from the 510 to the top. If that were 3mm I could change the world. I will look into it. I could do a positive terminal like the Origen series but with a slightly larger hole.
I thought this was hilarious I went and checked out the Origen on YouTube and saw someone used flat wire??? Why would you do that..... Here, a person obviously designed the Origen to make life easier......THE POST IS DRILLED!! so that you don't have to wrap wire around a post (like the Veritas) then tighten the nut (knurled btw, nice!) which leads to pulling your coil out of the shape you intended...!??

Anyway..... Yeah great idea I'd be down for a Veritas modification!!! Should I send it with my Derringer??

Alawot

Wakonda Warrior
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2015
Lebanon, Ohio
I can't wait to build and make a video on the REM. unless it all goes wrong :). I'll still video it though so ya'll can see what kind o dumb ayuss I really am :)

I should have videoed myself trying to build other attys :). Cussing would have been excessive :)
TV-MA "The Angry Atty" Video Series :-x

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

RobbieVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2015
Bristol - England
How low bro? Lower than the build deck? Most mine have been such that if I look at the atty even with my eyes...The lower quarter of the coil is out of sight behind the deck wall. Should I try lower you think?

The only seriously stable build was with twisted 26g. It was stable but the flavor was terrible...I had hints of decent flavor from some other less stable builds. But they had incurable hot legs so I rebuilt

Hi Sloth

I used 28 gauge normal wire had no problem. Ref build height im below wall of build deck, 2mm coil very close to floor. Honestly there is bags of flavour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Finally gave some build time to the REMatty tonight. Dual parallels, 29ga kanthal, 6 wraps, 5/64 ID. First try I snapped one of the negative leads torquing the screw down too tight (UGH!), but 2nd time was the charm.

As a comparison, built the Derringer with same exact type coils. Flavor is a tad better on Derringer when each have wide open air, but with REMatty closed off a bit seems about even to me.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Hey Tom
Do you have any Marquis clone's left?
Doots? Is that you? I have been worried sick about you..... How's the Magma Hangin'? I do have a few Marquis clones left.. Send me an email as I am no longer using the PM system until it's fixed. Chowderhead72 at H0tmail D0t C0m

RobbieVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2015
Bristol - England
Sloth, just on the REMatty I forgot to mention earlier when adding your wick (I'm using Rayon btw) you gotta make sure the wick is kept away from below the coils, ensure there is free area the whole width of the coil, I've seen some pictures of people cramming the whole base of wick - when I was doing first tests once juiced my wick spread everywhere, I then moved it back outta the way and the flavour increased 10 fold. I think with all coils but more in particular with top air feed attys the underside of coils have to be clear.

You may have already been doing but I thought worth a mention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDigital99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
New Hampshire, United States
There has been mention of another forum that maybe a little more clone bf Atty friendly.. I had the address before but can't seem to find it now.. Anyone wanna point me in the direction? I need to thin the herd a little bit... My atty's outnumber my mods 3:1... Also need to make room in the stable for a good Atty to use with temp control with sx350j chip

Eric Snyder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2015
Doots? Is that you? I have been worried sick about you..... How's the Magma Hangin'? I do have a few Marquis clones left.. Send me an email as I am no longer using the PM system until it's fixed. Chowderhead72 at H0tmail D0t C0m
Hey Tom, how is the quality of get Marquis clones you have? I know they've been a bit iffy. Only reason I ask is that I'm dying for one just a little reluctant to drop 2 c-note's on an authentic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread