ce2, ce3, and ce4 what is the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

egodzilla

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2012
Slovenia
Maybe I am doing something wrong, but they all taste like poison to me ... I have no idea is it the primer or the wool or? In any case, my book preaches wool materials and wicks that cant burn and primers that don't taste like petrochemical industry waste ...

And if it is the coil ... What material is it made of to produce such a putrid taste?

Now trying CS 2. Hope the old boys are better.

All in all shockingly disappointed ... Back to the Ego-C atty

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Could you explain what to do with them so they get rid of it.

Beside I am concerned the wool filing might get burned using them. Not sure this is a clever construction unless the wool is silica ...

Correct me if I am wrong ...

The first thing to Understand about a RS/MiT CE2 is there is Nothing inside it to "burn" except the e-liquid you put in it. You can pull out the Wick of a CE2 and put a Butane Lighter to it and it will turn Red from the Heat but it will not burn.

I say this for a RS/MiT CE2 because there are many people out there making Clones of the CE2.

The reason 99% of the people get a Bad Burnt Taste from a CE2 is because Not Enough e-liquid is reaching the Atomizer Coil Wire.

This thread has Many ways to Improve Wicking.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...s-tricks-ce-2-mods-technical-info-videos.html

The Easiest way to improve wicking takes no Mod-ing what so ever. All you do is Tilt the Battery End of you PV Up slightly so that the e-Liquid in the CE2 pools around the Cup Wick Slots.

Another thing is Ohms. Too low of Ohms lets the CE2 run Hotter than you might want. This, and poor wicking, can cause the e-Liquid to burn. Give a Very Nasty Taste.

Try Tilting your PV up and you might be surprised how much the Taste of your hit Improves.

Foggy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2009
breaking my refresh button
We've had CE2's that taste horrible out of the box for a couple of days. I believe that it's some type of primer or something from the manufacturing process. So, when we get them, the first thing we do is take them apart and either soak in vodka or rinse under hot water. Put them on a paper towel to dry, reassemble, and they all taste great from nearly the first vape.

We've had very few wicking issues, even with 100% VG.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
We've had CE2's that taste horrible out of the box for a couple of days. I believe that it's some type of primer or something from the manufacturing process. So, when we get them, the first thing we do is take them apart and either soak in vodka or rinse under hot water. Put them on a paper towel to dry, reassemble, and they all taste great from nearly the first vape.

This is Very Good Advise.

I like to give a New CE2 a quick 3 second Dry Burn before I fill it.

There are several things I yet have to understand in this world. One is why companies prime their attys with primers that taste like toxic waste when they have juices that are actually being smoked ...

Fail

What you don't Understand is there is No Such Thing as "Primer Fluid". It is an Urban Myth.

Many say that it is Pure PG to help Wicking. But if you take a Clean Carto/Atty and put a Drop of Pure PG on the coil I think you will find that it Taste Nothing like what is in some Cartos/Attys.

Some say that it is to Prevent Rust. But the Material of the Coil Wire, a Nickel/Chromium Alloy, can't Rust.

OEM's don't put "Primer Fluid" on Cartos or Attys. What you see in a Carto/Atty is some Contamination from the Manufacturing process. Ie: Machinery Oil, Seal Lubrication, etc.

I like to call it "Mystery Fluid".

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That would make sense zoi ... The taste sure speaks for it and flashes a don't inhale sign into my cortex ...

Now, is there a good link to some instructions how to take CS 2 and CS 3 apart? And, it the fluids are mostly oils, wouldn't it be best to wash it with soap / water ...

Thank for helping a nub fellow!

Soap and Water would work Great. But it might be hard to get All the Soap out.

Soaking in PGA, Vodka or Vinegar and then Rinsing in Hot Water is a much safe way to go.

I don't use CE3's because I like a Warmer Hit. But on a CE2 if you screw the CE2 into a Battery you can pull the Tube of easily.

That is for the New Type CE2's with the Frosted Plastic Tube. If you take the Tube of the Old Type CE2's with the Clear Tubes it will Probably leak when you put it back on.

I leave the Tubes on while Cleaning. When I'm done, I shake the Water out and then put the CE2 on top of a Fan to dry overnight.

Foggy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2009
breaking my refresh button
Fair Warning: I pulled apart an Ego battery, (my husband's ego battery of course), trying to pull the clear tube off a Ce2. I swear I was trying to rock it back and forth, not pull with brute strength.:oops:

For that reason I recommend to NEVER try this with an expensive mod.

I don't think any of our Ce2's have leaked. Pretty much everything else has!

makasin

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
San Diego
I agree with the OP. When I tried the CE2 R4 back in the day, it tasted kinda weird. Also, after using it for a while, I got heart palpitations that scared the crap out of me. It was no good, man. I switched to something else, and the problems went away. I used the 2.6Ohm on an ego back then and constantly had to tilt it, but it still was really really bad for my health for some reason.

egodzilla

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2012
Slovenia
Hearth palpitations were one of the first things that got me wanting to quit analogs ...

And I must say, this aspect of the atty or carto or what ever is severely important to me. So far I love the Ego-c atty. It has few simple parts and no components that could burn. One can clean it easy also. I just don't wan't to spend time getting each new atty into a semi clean state and then going trough a couple of ugly tanks before it starts performing. The manufacturers should not roll out such an product.

Unfortunately I ordered several 5 packs of other attys, like boge and CE because I thought they are so much better reading the forums.

Boge seems to be ok, but the flaws is one can not see how much liquid is left hence risking a dry coil and possibly filling burning? Zoi? You seem to know how attys are constructed. Will a boge eventually start burning the filling?

Gonna see if I can return / switch them ...

Now the question is what atty I want. Maybe those genesis or that new Vision ... They seem to be worth a try ...

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Fair Warning: I pulled apart an Ego battery, (my husband's ego battery of course), trying to pull the clear tube off a Ce2. I swear I was trying to rock it back and forth, not pull with brute strength.:oops:

For that reason I recommend to NEVER try this with an expensive mod.

I don't think any of our Ce2's have leaked. Pretty much everything else has!

I hear you.

I saved an Old Dead eGo Battery just to use for screwing on Cartos/Atty's and then Yanking on it Verses my Provari or New Mini-Lavatube.

Ixnay on the oapsay, eww.
I rinsed a carto with whipped vodka and gave it light water rinse. Following drying I filled with cappuccino. Yummiest capp ever! I need to try using it as a cut with juice...

Right on.

BTW - Love the look in that Cat's eys in your Avatar.

SuperLuckyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Austin, TX

I'm glad I found this thread. I have a bunch of these I put aside because of the off taste. Now I'll dig them out, clean and try again!

egodzilla

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2012
Slovenia
Yes, but I have another concern with Boge. That is the burning of the filler material which seems to be imanent even with cartos that were refiled carefully.

I simply don't want any materials that can burn next to the coil.

This is why I like the Ego-C ones. they have metal and silica wick. Both fire proof. I wonder why they dont fill the cartos with silica filling?

What would be a system that would meet my criteria and work best? It can be a mod or a custom made carto, I am not stingy at this ...

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
My guess is the "priming" fluid in CE2's isn't priming fluid but it's probably PG or VG (could possibly be a China Tobacco but I've noticed no smell to it) used to lube the rubber cup when they slide it into the bottom of the tube during assembly..I've noticed the "priming" fluid turns a tan color sometimes and that's probably because the PG or VG has been in there awhile..I've only noticed this around the outside of the cup and a little on the wick (probably when they slide the cup in a little gets on the inside of the tube then wick) when I have took apart a new one.

At 1st I cleaned a couple when I noticed a tan "film" around the cup but after taking apart a couple I noticed no smell and when I burnt it off with a torch there was no smell either so I stopped bothering cleaning them when they are new..it's very little on there too take a couple new ones apart and see for yourself it's really probably a drop of it..I use a little PG or e-liquid of the flavor I'm going to use after cleaning my CE2's so the rubber cup slides in from the bottom easily..I don't think it's anything to worry about really but if you do worry just take your CE2 apart and clean it before using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread