Status
Not open for further replies.

cekte

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Oregon
www.youtube.com

Hello.
I received this unit for the purposes of reviewing, from Vapor Guys.com . After many attempts, and time constraint edits, YouTube has finally accepted the review. Hope you enjoy.

*Note, this unit was tested for two weeks use, prior to review.

Vapor - 3.5 - Consistant and impressive for a Super Mini. Comparable to larger style models.
Battery - 3 - Fairly standard duration for this class. Lasting aprox 80, 4* second w/primer draws.
Carts - 3 - Familar 'Super' style construction. Recessed reservoir, makes refilling a bit more labor intensive. Aprox 60, 4* second draws w/primer.
Switch - 3.5 - Quite sensitive, electromagnetic based. Reliable. Two second draw limit.
Ease/Draw - 4 - Smooth and easy draw. Similar to an analogue in both looks and performance.

other mentions:
Atomizer - Construction fairly unique to JOYE, with the excess wicking under the mesh bridge. Works well, they seem to operate a bit hotter than other atomizers.
Throat Hit - Warm vapor typical of a Super, with noticeable throat hit.
Taste - The JOYE atomizers seem to bring out the distinct tastes more so than others it seems.

Happy vape.

-Cekte

Last edited:

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
I have the same model... I love it so much :hubba:

Great review... I get better much vape then you out of all 4 of my atomizers, but that's probably because I've gotten used to this e-cig and figured out how to get the best draw. It's a fine line between perfect vape and getting juice in your mouth but you can draw a lot harder than you think!

Seriously, it's awesome and 2 seconds give loads of vape! I've seen people do 5 second draws and get half the vapor!

I'm pretty sure it's a pneumatic switch, btw cekte, you're right, it's an EM switch! :D

I have a video of me vaping this model, I'll post it up.

Last edited:

Klausse

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2009
Rochester, NY, US
Hey Cekte.
Good review. Appreciate the compatibility list at the end.

I got my 306a from VaporGuys as well and have to rate them a 5 for order confirmation and delivery. Only Kate from the Smokeless Shop has been as fast.

Just a note for those mix-n-matching parts (like myself): These parts are interchangeable with other 306's (obviously) but the atomizer on the Mini-Fogger has 4 holes compared with these that have 2. They do run hot and sizzle but like you said, they make the juice taste stronger.
Steam On..

cekte

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Oregon
www.youtube.com
I have the same model... I love it so much :hubba:

Great review... I get better much vape then you out of all 4 of my atomizers, but that's probably because I've gotten used to this e-cig and figured out how to get the best draw. It's a fine line between perfect vape and getting juice in your mouth but you can draw a lot harder than you think!

Seriously, it's awesome and 2 seconds give loads of vape! I've seen people do 5 second draws and get half the vapor!

I'm pretty sure it's a pneumatic switch, btw :D

I have a video of me vaping this model, I'll post it up.

Thanks Bizzy.

I do get quite good vapor production from it, please dont think I mean differently. It works quite well for its class and size. In the video the unit although having a fresh cart, was not dripped upon, or topped. This may be some what of what you saw. I believe my fill lighting may have also played a small part if your speaking of the vapor in the video? I do think that TW gets a bit more vapor production than stock un-dripped carts though.

Ive been using this specific model for over three weeks now. I am fairly familiar with how it operates. I enjoy taking advantage of the electronic switches' easy draw. I do agree with the fine line you speak of however.

I am quite positive that all of the JOYE line products are electronic Electro magnetic switches. That is why they are so responsive. You can blow into the battery coupling and activate the LED. In a mechanical/ 'pneumatic' switch, you cannot. Also with the electronic switches they are much more sensitive to vibrations. If tapped on the desk, yelled at, or near bass, it will activate. A mechanical will not.

Also I have actually taken electronic switches apart, and they are fairly easy to detect over a mechanical switch.

Quoted from a supplier on the boards:
The electromagnetic sensor is similar to the sensor in a microphone, which detects airflow and then controls a switch. Such sensor can detect airflow from both directions, so that whether you blow or inhale, the electromagnetic-sensor battery start up. The battery continues to work until the airflow is discontinued.

The mechanical switch is similar to a vacuum switch. When airflow from a direction presses a valve to close, then the switch is connected. As a result, the mechanical-switch battery works only when you inhale it. The battery continues to work until the pressure on the valve becomes very small.

Nice video Bizzy. Nice vapor as well. Glad to see you're enjoying it. Its a great Super. Cheers :)

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
Actually, cekte you are absolutely right about the switch in the battery because one of my e-cigs (with the atomizer and an empty mouthpiece) was lighting up in my cupholder last weekend on the way to church. It was vibrating and lighting for at least 20-25 minutes before I noticed it because the LED isn't very bright in direct sunlight, and the atomizer was dried because I had the cart in a little baggie and not in the mouthpiece!! Ha! That's the kit included atomizer I've been using 99% of time since I got it and the same atomizer in my video, lol.

How do people burn through atomizers in a week? Must not be these atomizers, eh? :D

So cekte, do you know where can I buy the longer battery that's white like this one??

Last edited:

cekte

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Oregon
www.youtube.com
Hey Cekte.
Good review. Appreciate the compatibility list at the end.

I got my 306a from VaporGuys as well and have to rate them a 5 for order confirmation and delivery. Only Kate from the Smokeless Shop has been as fast.

Just a note for those mix-n-matching parts (like myself): These parts are interchangeable with other 306's (obviously) but the atomizer on the Mini-Fogger has 4 holes compared with these that have 2. They do run hot and sizzle but like you said, they make the juice taste stronger.
Steam On..

Thanks Klausse. Im glad you enjoyed the review.

They do have great shipping time from my encounters, and have always been great. Though I feel that should not really say much for CS, due to my position.

The compatibility addition is something I have really wanted to do, but couldn't think of how to fit it in. Or do so properly at least. It still was not proper IMO. In the credits seemed best, for time constraints. I will be much more clear of compatabilities in future reviews. *To the best of my ability :)

This should be the newest Compatibility class listing:
-Perfect Compatibility- The parts to be in question are an exact fit. Aesthetically, mechanically, and cartridge-wise. All will be listed by model if possible, followed by 'brand'. This will include batteries, atomizers, and carts.
-Mechanical/Physical Compatibility- May not look aesthetically correct, though functions properly (if in need for immediate or forced replacement) To include batteries, atomizers, and carts. This also is helpful for mods (coupling connections).

Indeed, I have heard that some have gotten 4 hole atomizers with their Foggers. I have only used the 2 hole construction. I cant really imagine needing a 4 hold atomizer for this model/MiniFogger. Perhaps just to cool the atomizer down; Surely not for draw? It is so light already!

Happy Vape.

cekte

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Oregon
www.youtube.com
once again, nice review mate!

must admit, even though it seems to produce a nice amount of vapour the 2 second drag time would slightly annoy me!
other than that, it seems like a good little device!

Hey Scott. Thank you!

The two second drag limit, on many models would be a huge disappointment and largely annoying. Unlike many other models switch configurations though, this units reset time is instant. It would be horrid if it were the two minute kill/reset as some.. So one can repeatedly hit the limit, and immediately draw again with this unit. That fairly redeems a possibly poor design feature. Even within the limit though, it does produce great vapor and hit for its size.

cekte

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Oregon
www.youtube.com
Actually, cekte you are absolutely right about the switch in the battery because one of my e-cigs (with the atomizer and an empty mouthpiece) was lighting up in my cupholder last weekend on the way to church. It was vibrating and lighting for at least 20-25 minutes before I noticed it because the LED isn't very bright in direct sunlight, and the atomizer was dried because I had the cart in a little baggie and not in the mouthpiece!! Ha! That's the kit included atomizer I've been using 99% of time since I got it and the same atomizer in my video, lol.

How do people burn through atomizers in a week? Must not be these atomizers, eh? :D

So cekte, do you know where can I buy the longer battery that's white like this one??

LOL. Maybe thats why it works so well. :p Now that is a proper breaking in session. That is a true testament to how well these atomizers seem to be built/operating.

On other units, I can tell you exactly ;) This one however, I dont think so. Ive given them my fair share of abuse as well, and they are still a sizzlin..

Hmm, I know Kurt had mentioned that VaporGuys would be stocking them soon. They may be in as early as their proposed April restock I belive? LiteCigUSA used to carry them, and still has the 306a batteries. If you ask Shawn @ LiteCig he may be able to help. Other than that, all I can think of is the black MiniFogger.

Hope that helps Bizzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread