Status
Not open for further replies.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Just got my second Z Atty Pro yesterday. Good thing I ordered extra ceramic wicks. Broke the first one trying to get the cap off. Second one broke when wrapping. (In device). Third broke when wrapping out of device. Fourth one is in. Pleased with 2.6 ohms. (Hey works for me. Sub ohm is for certain APV's). Using HHV Shadow 70PG/30VG. TASTE LIKE PUPPY POOP!!!!!!!
Do these wicks take a while to break in? More so than a SS Mesh?
And yes I knew ceramic wicks were very fragile when I did this.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Ok. I answered my own question last night. I emptied the zap and did a bit of tweaking to the coil. Refilled with HHV Pirates Booty. Now all is right in the land of TNT. Does give a good vape after it settles in. As for ceramic? Don't know if I'll get any more. Thinking I'm not graceful enough for something that fragile. But then again. Practice make perfect.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
ceramic is definately fragile. I vaped ceramic for about 5 months and loved the flavor before moving to micro coils & cotton. it takes a lot of patience with ceramic. the main trick is to get a super tight coil, if you have any loose coils it will affect the flavor a lot. if you have any gaps in the coil it will take some time for those gaps to get filled in, this is called a break in period, if you can manage a perfect tight coil, then you wont have this break in period. when you do master the ceramic the flavor is almost unbeatable, good luck

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
that would be nice but their expensive now, cant imagine how much more they would be if they added a core to them

In time I guess... a durable ceramic wick is kind of the holy grail of vaping. Once they build a relatively inexpensive version... no more wick problems I guess.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
In time I guess... a durable ceramic wick is kind of the holy grail of vaping. Once they build a relatively inexpensive version... no more wick problems I guess.

I thought the same. when I was vaping the ceramic I thought it was the future of vaping. I said if they can just make one that wicks better and was sturdier it would be the bomb. I have one more requirement to add to this, heat sink. the ceramic takes a little while to heat up thus requires more power. now that I have been vaping micro coils and cotton I don't think about heat sink issues anymore, my current set-up is instantaneous and all power is going to vaporizing the liquid instead of heating the wick.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
I thought the same. when I was vaping the ceramic I thought it was the future of vaping. I said if they can just make one that wicks better and was sturdier it would be the bomb. I have one more requirement to add to this, heat sink. the ceramic takes a little while to heat up thus requires more power. now that I have been vaping micro coils and cotton I don't think about heat sink issues anymore, my current set-up is instantaneous and all power is going to vaporizing the liquid instead of heating the wick.

Yea what he said. I like my micro coils. Just wish I could make one for my RBA's.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Yea what he said. I like my micro coils. Just wish I could make one for my RBA's.

I have made a couple for my genesis attys. both were done with micro coils. in one design I made a micro coil and just slide a piece of cotton underneath it, right over the wick hole. this works pretty good. another one I also made a micro coil, this one is placed just above the wick hole also, but this one is inserted with a cotton wick. the wick is about 3/4 of an inch long, 2/3 of this cotton wick is twisted very tightly in my fingers and is very thin, it is inserted through the coil. the part that is inserted into the coil is very thin and slides through the coil very easily. the top 1/3 of the cotton wick is fluffy and has a bigger diameter so it will not fall through the coil. this set-up works very well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread