Chain vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pisces82

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2015
I understand that chain smoking is like1 stick after another. Can someone tell me how exactly chain vaping is like? Cos I'm wondering if I've been doing it and that was why my kangertech went totally shut off and I had to send it for repair.
And yes I got a replacement. I bought Ipv3li with tfv4 tank. Hoping they will last longer.

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
I don't think there is a set definition for chain vaping, it just means going long periods while vaping and not setting your device down and taking a break. Most equipment should be able to be chain vaped without much problem, though some atomizers may not function optimally if they are overheated.jmo

Reactions: Pisces82

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
It's simply not putting your vape down for long periods of time, holding onto it and taking occasional puffs over, say, a 30 minute period. I tend to mindlessly do it when watching a show or something.

That has nothing to do with your Subox shutting off. I think it was the battery.

Pisces82

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2015
QUOTE="nyiddle, post: 16718961, member: 199539"]It's simply not putting your vape down for long periods of time, holding onto it and taking occasional puffs over, say, a 30 minute period. I tend to mindlessly do it when watching a show or something.

That has nothing to do with your Subox shutting off. I think it was the battery.[/QUOTE]
I'm always afraid of over using it thinking it could overheat and explode (heard the news about someone's ecig exploded) or something like that. Now that u told me, I can put my mind at ease and enjoy my vaping sessions without needing to worry so much. Thanks.

hiram13pm

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Merced, CA
If it's a regulated box, don't worry too much about the explosion thing. Generally that happens with someone using an unregulated mechanical with bad or no ventilation, sub-par batteries, and trying to sub-ohm (running a very low resistance coil). Regulated mods, as long as you don't skimp on the batteries, are very safe.

Mechanical mods are also quite safe, as long as you understand the limits on your batteries & the current draw through your coil. Bone up on this stuff if you decide to try them. If you start to turn your own coils for an RBA or an RTA, keep it above 1.0 ohms until you really feel comfortable and confident with your calculations, and pick up an ohm-tester. Read a lot on here, and some pro advice from a vape shop or a more experienced DIY vaper would be golden :)

Personally, I've never owned a regulated mod; when I started vaping, all that was available was overpriced cig-alikes, Joye 510s, and mechanical mods. The Ego came out a few months later, but I was already into mechanicals & that's what I've stuck with. Never had a major problem... because I've always tried to understand them & never tried to push them outside the safety zone.

Reactions: Pisces82

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Chain vaping seems to be most common among those who've recently quit smoking; at first, I rarely put mine down for even 5 minutes -- I took a hit everytime I even thought about a cigarette -- I never let it that thought progress to anything stronger, like a craving.

As someone pointed out, with a decent regulated mod, the battery isn't really going to be a problem, unless it's just defective. However the atty might be a problem if the wick doesn't have time to wick up more liquid before you take the next hit, causing a dry hit, which is just nasty. Thicker liquids are more prone to causing this sort of problem. Primer hits -- taking a hit without pressing the button -- are a good way to prevent that, but be careful you don't flood it, or you may get juice in your mouth, also nasty.

I've found that as time goes by, longer and longer since I last smoked, I'm a lot calmer about vaping now; I may take 3-4 hits in a row, but then I set it down, maybe for 10-30 minutes, depending on what I'm doing. I even do that while riding/driving in a vehicle or watching TV. When riding in a vehicle, I often keep it in my hand, but don't use it very often; I just prefer to hold it so I'm in a control of it, since I don't have a "fixed" place for it, except my purse, and I don't want it to turn into a heavy missile in the event of a sudden stop or collision.

The only other problem with chainvaping, I've found, is that you tend to go "tongue dead" to the flavor of your vape, the more often you vape it -- I may take 3-4 hits, but never more, because after about 4, I can't really taste it, so I set it down. I'll have more, whenever I next think of it, but if I'm concentrating on something or busy, that might be a while. Then when I do pick it back up and have a vape, I can really taste it, and it has a good TH.

Andria

Pisces82

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2015
pm, post: 16th Al 34, member: 35959"]If it's a regulated box, don't worry too much about the explosion thing. Generally that happens with someone using an unregulated mechanical with bad or no ventilation, sub-par batteries, and trying to sub-ohm (running a very low resistance coil). Regulated mods, as long as you don't skimp on the batteries, are very safe.

Mechanical mods are also quite safe, as long as you understand the limits on your batteries & the current draw through your coil. Bone up on this stuff if you decide to try them. If you start to turn your own coils for an RBA or an RTA, keep it above 1.0 ohms until you really feel comfortable and confident with your calculations, and pick up an ohm-tester. Read a lot on here, and some pro advice from a vape shop or a more experienced DIY vaper would be golden :)

Personally, I've never owned a regulated mod; when I started vaping, all that was available was overpriced cig-alikes, Joye 510s, and mechanical mods. The Ego came out a few months later, but I was already into mechanicals & that's what I've stuck with. Never had a major problem... because I've always tried to understand them & never tried to push them outside the safety zone.[/QUOTE]
Whats Mechanical mod?

Pisces82

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2015
What's mechanical mod?E="hiram13pm, post: 16721334, member: 35959"]If it's a regulated box, don't worry too much about the explosion thing. Generally that happens with someone using an unregulated mechanical with bad or no ventilation, sub-par batteries, and trying to sub-ohm (running a very low resistance coil). Regulated mods, as long as you don't skimp on the batteries, are very safe.

Personally, I've never owned a regulated mod; when I started vaping, all that was available was overpriced cig-alikes, Joye 510s, and mechanical mods. The Ego came out a few months later, but I was already into mechanicals & that's what I've stuck with. Never had a major problem... because I've always tried to understand them & never tried to push them outside the safety zone.[/QUOTE]
Whats

assidreemz

Oct 7, 2015
Im not sure of the specific etiquette as to informing new people on this forum, but I would recommend that you do a quick google search/search on this site using the keywords mechanical, mechanical mod, etc.

Also the New Members Forum has some good info for newbs (like myself) in the stickies at the top of the page.

Im sure a more seasoned member will come along to provide more detailed info if needed.

Reactions: Izan

nmackan

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Turkiye
I tell you what chain vaping is :)
you put an atty on a mod and fill the liquid you like, you put an another atty on an another mod and fill another liquid you like and one more and you vape like hell as long as you are awake.
That is me for nearly 3 years. :)
I still go places with a mobile lab and wandering how they let me in Malls with all that paraphernelia.
And dont think I am an addict (I passed it long time ago. Sometimes I go out without a device and dont mind)
I love vaping that is all :)

Pisces82

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2015
I tell you what chain vaping is :)
you put an atty on a mod and fill the liquid you like, you put an another atty on an another mod and fill another liquid you like and one more and you vape like hell as long as you are awake.
That is me for nearly 3 years. :)
I still go places with a mobile lab and wandering how they let me in Malls with all that paraphernelia.
And dont think I am an addict (I passed it long time ago. Sometimes I go out without a device and dont mind)
I love vaping that is all :)
Hahaha.. u made me understand what chain vaping really is.

Reactions: nmackan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread