Changed ejuice without cleaning tank, tastes terrible. Am I screwed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ActionBastrd

Jul 15, 2018
Hey everyone, just made this account so i can hopefully talk to some people who know more than i do about vaping, which isn't much because I'm really new to it all.

Not sure the specific specs of my mod but I'm using some sort of smok atty with what I think is a plastic tank. Don't think it's glass at least

Anyways, the issue at hand. Yesterday i got a couple flavors to sample. I dumped the juoce i had been using out, changed my coil (been using The first one that came inside my atty for a while and it looked gross), and i even changed the tank as my atty came with a second one. Anyways, put what i thought would be my favorite flavor of the three in and HATE it. Its supposed to be penut butter chocolate but meh it's just not something i want to vape a whole bunch of. I poured what i had put into my tank back into the bottle so i could reuse it some other time if i really want. After that, i just put a different flavor in, a coffee. How ever, all i really taste it that first flavor. I never really washed it out at all just dumped the old flavor out and poured the new one in

The last time i changed flavors, the old flavor went away after a couple drags but this one does not seem to be going away.

Does anyone have any advice? Will it just take longer to vape through the flavor until i take the new flavor because i never cleaned the tank or do i need to dump it and just clean it?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hey everyone, just made this account so i can hopefully talk to some people who know more than i do about vaping, which isn't much because I'm really new to it all.

Not sure the specific specs of my mod but I'm using some sort of smok atty with what I think is a plastic tank. Don't think it's glass at least

Anyways, the issue at hand. Yesterday i got a couple flavors to sample. I dumped the juoce i had been using out, changed my coil (been using The first one that came inside my atty for a while and it looked gross), and i even changed the tank as my atty came with a second one. Anyways, put what i thought would be my favorite flavor of the three in and HATE it. Its supposed to be penut butter chocolate but meh it's just not something i want to vape a whole bunch of. I poured what i had put into my tank back into the bottle so i could reuse it some other time if i really want. After that, i just put a different flavor in, a coffee. How ever, all i really taste it that first flavor. I never really washed it out at all just dumped the old flavor out and poured the new one in

The last time i changed flavors, the old flavor went away after a couple drags but this one does not seem to be going away.

Does anyone have any advice? Will it just take longer to vape through the flavor until i take the new flavor because i never cleaned the tank or do i need to dump it and just clean it?
The coffee will take over, give it some time. Both coffee and chocolate are dark flavorings which need to age a bit before tasting the way they should. Give it a little more time.

BTW welcome to ecf.....stick around, look around, lots of great members and info...

:)

eta...if those are really plastic tanks then you will probably always use that one only for coffee because I don't think it ever completely washes out. I could be wrong(I don't do coffee personally) but that is what I read.

ActionBastrd

Jul 15, 2018
The coffee will take over, give it some time. Both coffee and chocolate are dark flavorings which need to age a bit before tasting the way they should. Give it a little more time.

BTW welcome to ecf.....stick around, look around, lots of great members and info...

eta...if those are really plastic tanks then you will probably always use that one only for coffee because I don't think it ever completely washes out. I could be wrong(I don't do coffee personally) but that is what I read.

Awesome got ya, so i should start tasting the coffee eventually?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Awesome got ya, so i should start tasting the coffee eventually?
Yes. Just give it a little time. You mentioned you had a 2nd device. Maybe you should vape on that while the other one rests. That gives the wick more time to blend the flavors and eventually take over. Patience is a good thing to practice in your vaping journey....

Reactions: lupinehorror

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The more wicking in your atomizer the longer it takes to change flavors. Small wicks hold less juice. With a 2mm coil and wick it takes about 30 minutes vaping for the new juice to replace most of the old flavor. If you are using factory coils in a tank, they usually have lots of wicking wrapped around the coil in a vertical fashion.

The best way to vape different flavors throughout the day is to have several tanks with different flavors. Just change the atomizer when you want to change flavors.

Reactions: Baditude

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Does anyone have any advice?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Agree with most comments, some folks start out with light flavor with mains like vanilla/creams or bakeries,and some light fruits in a tank. Successively stronger flavors can be added (Cinnamon,most choclolates,some nuts,fruits) over the lighter where you would be likely to taste them sooner. I find mints (some tobaccos) tend retain the taste the longest. I use RDA's and change flavors 3-4 times a day. Rayon wicks sheds most flavors nicely.
One of these days you may get tired of the expense and effort replacing prebuilt coils and consider an RTA. If you can bend paper clips and thread a needle, you can build your own coils and wick them. It's that simple. All you need is wire and a round rod (small screw drivers work) with approximately 1/8 inch od plus a wire cutter..
Re: Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners
I'm really new to it all
The following vape information may assist you in getting up to speed:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
Vaping and Inhaling: Everything You Need To Know
https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
http://guidetovaping.com/category/e-cig-beginner/
Vaping 101: Here's Everything You Need to Know about Vaping
http://ecigclopedia.com/6-quick-useful-vaping-tips-for-beginners/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...up-the-vaping-ladder-with-egos-and-mods.5058/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...nk-or-what-a-guide-to-juice-attachments.3230/

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
We've all been there.

One answer is to buy and learn to use/build an old fashioned RDA (rebuildable dripping atomizer).. as long as you have a proper box or tube mod that allows it.

You can get them for $5-$10 from China, maybe only a bit more from your home country on an 'auction' website. Personally, I'd just buy from China and read the reviews so you don't buy a lemon. (Do you guys say that?)

Flavor do eventually go away, although menthol and coffee are infamous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread