Charger tip/PCC Tip for 808D users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralikar

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
I thought I would post this here for you to enjoy.

A) Charger:

Amazon.com: Usb Hub Rosewill Rhb-330 Black 7port: Computers & Accessories

That costs $20 at Amazon. You can put in 5 usb adaptors in it and charge 5 bats at once. I have 2 and they have never failed me. One outlet for 5 bats and work great.

B) PCC. Throw it away. buy a cigarette case (100s) and just bring extra charged bats and cartos with you. I can't tell you how much it sucked when I went to an all night party (I chain vape) with 2 PCCS in my pockets and extra bats and juice. No more of that just keep extra bats charged on your 5 slot adaptor and toss them into a case for social events/work. No more PCC hassle ever.

If your PCC fails at some 6 hr business meeting or social event you are screwed. If you have 1-6 charged bats (depending on your needs) with cartos screwed on in a case of your choosing you are gtg for all day events with 0 hassle. And you have spare smokes to share with cute friends!

So when your friend invites you to an all day boating trip and late night bar excursion you don't have to worry about your 2 808s and 1 PCC letting you down...

Last edited:

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
STARSONG, IF YOU CAN'T PARTY FOR 18 HOURS STRAIGHT, YOU'RE NOT PARTYING HARD ENOUGH!
Nawh, I'm kidding. PCC is a convenience thing. I think it works fine but I guess it just depends on what kit you've ordered originally, etc. I, personally, cannot see needing to charge up 5 batteries at once or carrying around that many batteries...
I do it. Most of my cartos are really old, so it's nice to just be able to grab one already set up when it's not acting right or doesn't last that long. I usually only use 3-4 of them when I'm out, but it's nice having a spare, just in case. Then that spare ends up being my evening vape. Then I recharge all of them and refill all my cartos before I go to bed. I only like to charge and refill at home.

I have one of these:
41e1qTdYxaL._SX270_.jpg

$12.95 when it's on sale at Microcenter. Chargers fit perfectly on the top ports, and I have 3 extra ports on the side for X2s (or more chargers). Plus it never tips over! :)

5 or 6 78mm batts fully assembled with cartos fit into my old 120s cigarette case:
6282618070_fc6c6c5b70_n.jpg

but once I switch over to CE3s, I know this isn't going to work anymore. And I just got an X2 today that I'm liking more and more, so it's only a matter of time before I start leaving the house with just that and the cord...

So yeah, I do the same thing that the OP does, but it's not for everybody...

Last edited:

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
The x2's require the 1.5 amp wall charger. What is the output of this unit?
2.5 amps. But it's the regular passthroughs that require the 1.5 amp (no internal battery). The X2s are OK with regular ones because they actually run from the internal battery, not the incoming current (although I always push for the higher amp ones). Basically the incoming current just recharges the battery while you're using it, simulating a passthrough.

paddymx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2012
Asheboro,NC
2.5 amps. But it's the regular passthroughs that require the 1.5 amp (no internal battery). The X2s are OK with regular ones because they actually run from the internal battery, not the incoming current (although I always push for the higher amp ones). Basically the incoming current just recharges the battery while you're using it, simulating a passthrough.

As per SI's site "...Take your Mini USB cable that came with your X2 Volt Battery and plug it in to a USB Port on your computer or the 1.5amp Volt Wall Adapter." I'm sure SI told me the regular wall charger wouldn't work, thats why I got one. Needed it anyway as I also have the 3.6v passthru.! At this point I only know what they tell me:blink:. Thanks!

@cindycated "... I always push for the higher amp ones..", meaning chargers? What's the risk to the X2's?

While were on it, I just charged my first X2 and the blue heal light never changed colors. Again, SI says "Where the device is plugged in will glow red while charging and turn off when finished. Charging time is approximately 3 hours." My heal light never changed, after 5 hours, stayed blue the entire time and never turned off. Are they really talking about the LED on the wall charger? Didn't remember to check it.:ohmy:

EDIT: just plugged in my X2 to the wall charger. Still RED and blue. I'll give it a few to see if anything changes.

Last edited:

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
it will not change colors...I will have the site update... the light will just go out.

As per SI's site "...Take your Mini USB cable that came with your X2 Volt Battery and plug it in to a USB Port on your computer or the 1.5amp Volt Wall Adapter." I'm sure SI told me the regular wall charger wouldn't work, thats why I got one. Needed it anyway as I also have the 3.6v passthru.! At this point I only know what they tell me:blink:. Thanks!

@cindycated "... I always push for the higher amp ones..", meaning chargers? What's the risk to the X2's?

While were on it, I just charged my first X2 and the blue heal light never changed colors. Again, SI says "Where the device is plugged in will glow red while charging and turn off when finished. Charging time is approximately 3 hours." My heal light never changed, after 5 hours, stayed blue the entire time and never turned off. Are they really talking about the LED on the wall charger? Didn't remember to check it.:ohmy:

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I'm sure that was a typo or some kind of added precaution on their site. This has been discussed here many times (haha, look who "liked" my previous post).

Yes, I always push for higher amp wall chargers, because it never hurts to have more amps, but it can to have too little. Plus, if you ever opt to use it for something else (like a regular passthrough), you're good to go. Just a little more efficient IMO.

Mind you, I just got my X2 yesterday, but the bottom (heel?) LED is just lit while it's charging and turns off when it's done. Wow, 5 hours? If you were using it while it was charging, I suppose it could take that long because it can only charge during idle time in between hits. I don't think this is harmful to the batt, but if you're trying to get it fully charged so you can unplug it and go, maybe try not using it while it's charging - it'll go faster. If it still acts up, maybe contact customer service?

Edit: Haha, I didn't know you guys were having a conversation while I was typing! :lol:

Last edited:

paddymx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2012
Asheboro,NC
I'm sure that was a typo or some kind of added precaution on their site. This has been discussed here many times (haha, look who "liked" my previous post).

Yes, I always push for higher amp wall chargers, because it never hurts to have more amps, but it can to have too little. Plus, if you ever opt to use it for something else (like a regular passthrough), you're good to go. Just a little more efficient IMO.

Mind you, I just got my X2 yesterday, but the bottom (heel?) LED is just lit while it's charging and turns off when it's done. Wow, 5 hours? If you were using it while it was charging, I suppose it could take that long because it can only charge during idle time in between hits. I don't think this is harmful to the batt, but if you're trying to get it fully charged so you can unplug it and go, maybe try not using it while it's charging - it'll go faster. If it still acts up, maybe contact customer service?

Edit: Haha, I didn't know you guys were having a conversation while I was typing! :lol:

Yeah, should have a chat mode!

Heel, thats just how I feel. I was not using it while it was charging. Was actually sleeping. Like I said, I plugged it in and will give another test. If not, customer service... They know me well:p They're very GOOD!

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
your charging light on your purple X2 is purple? or is it just LED while in use...there are different LED's for both....

The charging light on my purple X2 is blue.

And yes you can use the .5 wall charger to power and charge the X2 but to make sure you always can use it as a passthrough the 1.5a is recommend and it will charge it faster :)
Imagine, it would probably still be grammatically correct if you left out the color altogether..."but mine is purple!" :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread