charging battery help

Status
Not open for further replies.

depreta616

Nov 1, 2013
USA
Not sure what happen to my first post but it disappeared. I got 3 batteries one I know is a ego long one with a counter on bottom. Long story short I can't get a full charge. My light never turns green on my two shorter batteries I charged them by plugging into wall the light first turns green then goes to red. I let it charge the small one (half the size of the large one with cou ter on bottom) for 5 hours still no green light. I took it off not wanting to overcharge it but even with the bigger batt it still don't turn green. My brother said it would take 1 1/2 hours to charge. What could be the issue here if any?

CABBA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
Canada
yes most ego style batteries are charging in 1-2 hours. This could be a problem with the charger if the same thing is happening with all the batteries. do you have a friends charger that you can borrow to check? I have had situation where the charge full light does not come on, however when i use the battery i can tell that it has been charged. if you use the battery do they work for a while or does it appear that they are not getting any charge? you may want to try to run the batteries down all the way to zero and try charging them from there however this may not help. if its a USB charger you can try to connect it to another power source (computer USB port or similarly rated wall charger).

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
If you have a battery that you think may not be working properly, the last thing you want to do is connect it to your expensive computer. Wait till morning and get a new usb charger and wall wart. Go to a convenience store and buy a Blu.

I do not have a lot of battery experience to help you. Do you know if these are ego batteries. Do they work if you put your clearo on it? Does the battery fire?

Last edited:

depreta616

Nov 1, 2013
USA
I have a usb charger that then plugs into wall adapter that was used fir a samsung ohone one that was left over. I wish I knew the batteries I had. They were givin to me by my bro. The two smaller are same in size and the larger longer one is about doule in size with the led counter on bottom. The batgeries were brand new and so was the charger.I have ran them down ti nothing and then charged up again. They work but the larger worked for about the same time puff cou ter after it was charged for 5 hours was around 300. Not sure if that's good or bad. But it didn't last even a full 24hrs. It lasted similar to the smaller batteries. Idk?? Thank you for reply.

I see lingo such as 510 batt 1000 or 1100 and like I said I domt know what I have and there's no markings

depreta616

Nov 1, 2013
USA
I don't ever chage threw computer always ud into wall. Well into extension cord which is plugged into wall and I know works cause chages my cell phone. I'm a newbie all equipment givin to my from my brother who owns smokeshop. I don't know anything any lingo all I know is how to load juice clean with qtip the top of batt everyonce in while that's bout it.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Where did you buy this stuff?

Look at the ratings plate on the AC to USB adapter. What does it say? If it's rated "AC input 220V" you got sold the wrong AC to USB European model adapter with your stuff. It will never charge batteries correctly if it's a 220 volt version.

Your original post is there. To find your own posts just select the What's New > My Posts drop down tab.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I don't ever chage threw computer always ud into wall. Well into extension cord which is plugged into wall and I know works cause chages my cell phone. I'm a newbie all equipment givin to my from my brother who owns smokeshop. I don't know anything any lingo all I know is how to load juice clean with qtip the top of batt everyonce in while that's bout it.

A cell phone AC to USB adapter doesn't necessarily have enough output current to work with this kind of charger.

patrao_n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
United States
Any markings? Pictures maybe? Sounds like your charger is the problem. Could be dried up juice on the connector. Do you know any names of anything? Or can you ask your brother? Sounds like ego batteries. You should turn the batteries off. Remove the charger from the wall so no power is going through it. Then take a qtip with rubbing alcohol. Clean the connectors on your ego batteries. Also clean the connectors on your charger. Then wait for them all to dry completely. I would give 30 minutes to an hour to be absolutely sure its dry. Then tey it. Could be juice was just preventing it from charging. Could be the charger. At this point there isnt enough info.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

depreta616

Nov 1, 2013
USA
Watched video thank you but not issue I'm able to vape and get smoke fine. I didn't buy anything everything was givin to me by my brother and all was new equipment from his store. Coincidently while posting and replying I had a small battery on charge that was red when I put on and then I just looked and was fully green!! Yah woo hoo.

I really appreciate all the replies this site is awesome . Thanks

DKP#

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Missouri, USA
Ego wall warts are about 500mA and chargers charge at about 420 mA.
My wife took her phone charger wall wart with her to work so I can't check, but I believe it was only about 200mA. So if it does work it with the phone wall wart, It will take 2-3 times longer to charge than normal.

Does your wal wart have a mA rating printed on it?

Last edited:

pablo_h

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
australia
Ego wall warts are about 500mA and chargers charge at about 420 mA.
My wife took her phone charger wall wart with her to work so I can't check, but I believe it was only about 200mA. So if it does work it with the phone wall wart, It will take 2-3 times longer to charge than normal.

Does your wal wart have a mA rating printed on it?

Yeah I was going to say this. You might have a low output wall wart for your phone, so it may take more than 5hrs to charge ego batteries.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Not sure what that is and do u know how to post pics?
http://www.harborfreight.com/7-function-multimeter-98025.html
image_23332.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread