cheap nicotine/pg

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinyoda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2009
West TN
Just sent an email to the 2 addresses listed on the contact page asking about US shipping. If they speak english I should get a response. I will keep everyone here updated.

If this doesn't work maybe someone over there could be a middle man. He/she places large order, sends total order to someone over here, they in turn ship to everyone who paid upfront. Each "handler" receives an agreed upon percantage of the total sale for there trouble. What do you think?

ill_dawg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
South Wales
just a note, the contact email I used was: andrzej @ aip.pl

I've been meaning to email them about international shipping, but I'm a bus English teacher. If the don't get back to anyone who posted here, I'll try asking them in Polish about international shipping.

Another reason I've been dragging m feet a bit is the juice itself. It has a chemical smell to it. I can't taste it when I vape, but the bottle has a smell of something like ether. It might be a trace of whatever was used to extract the nicotine. Not sure. However, i haven't had an side effects from it. Will let ou know if I stat to grow a tail, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarzan

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
ill_dawg, I guess you realise that if the company can't facilitate any international shipping, or take orders in English, this is a business opportunity for you. ;)

I at least wouldn't mind giving this a go at $10 plus shipping plus whatever makes it worth your while, and I doubt I'm all alone in that. There's not much of a risk involved for anyone, and Paypal makes it all easy, you know.

Very interested to hear more about your experiences with the product. Please keep us posted.

jbbishop

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
SLC, UT U.S.A.
Clearly he doesn't like it because of some chemical smell. I was hopeful too, but suggest we just bail and order from Eastmall. $50.00 for 100ml. and good reviews too! Still, not a lot of money and a reputable supplier.

The whisper in the wind says stock up and lay in a 2 year supply. If you have a single wicked bone in your body, and I know you do, then just thumb your nose at "Authority." And, Happy Vaping!

ThumbNose-97x78.jpeg

Last edited:

Tarzan

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
I've placed an order for 100 ml 36mg liquid from Eastmall. With shipping it works out 45% cheaper than the alternatives here in the UK, so I'm hoping it works its way through customs. That might give me the courage to risk a bigger investment. :)

We'll see. I'm quite happy with 18 mg liquid now, and 30 ml seems to last about a month, so I guess when diluted these 100 ml should last me more than six months. Hm! It works out to 25p a day which is quite a change from the usual £4.80 for a packet of cancerinastick. Not counting the e-cig parts, of course. I guess they'll put me over one quid a day, but I'm still happy saving "only" 75%. How can this possibly not have caught on more? Eh well.

If the order doesn't come through, any other ideas how to acquire liquid in the UK?

Oh, and where might I go about finding PG? I know Boots sell glycerin, but PG?

ill_dawg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
South Wales
The liquid is ok, I haven't noticed any bad effects from it, and the taste doesn't carry over once you add some LorAnn. I've been a bit slow getting into it because I've been having to vape through my other liquids to empty 5ml bottles for the homebrew stuff. I could try to ship the stuff myself, but I'm a teacher and the post here in poland is pretty bad. I think, though, that I might have found something more helpful to people who don't live here in Poland. I found this listing on Polish ebay E-PAPIEROS E-LIQUID 5,15,40ml +wk?ady sterylne (585407882) - Aukcje internetowe Allegro

At the bottom, the second pic has a bottle of pure nic. I googled the company on the bottle and it turned up this site: ............ where pure nic is available for purchase. They have stock in the US and the UK. 5ml of 99% pure nic runs about $60. glycerine and PG cost a couple dollars. that 5ml of pure nic could make 250ml of 20mg juice or 500ml of 10mg. It's a little more expensive than the polish site, but I think I'd trust their nic a bit more, and you don't have to use lazy English teachers as a middleman. If someone tries this, let me know how it goes.

Hope this helps

-=ADAM=-

b00stzx3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2009
Frederick, MD
I'm very interested, cheaper than EastMall. 99%, that sounds like there'd be some big time.Hazmat shipping involved, anyone know any info in this area? I wanna stock up BIG on some cheap e-liquid before the government "looks out for my best interests" haha. Any Polish peoples wanna email that first company?

Tarzan

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
The UK and Poland are both within the EU, so there shouldn't be customs to worry about (I'd just pay Polish sales tax to the seller), but since terrorism has everyone on high alert, one might suspect it's still a bit tricky to move well over a lethal dose of nicotine across the border. Anyone have any experience with shipping concentrated nicotine?

Duncan

Dec 19, 2008
North Wales, UK
This is actually a seismic event and ill_dawg should be nominated for an OBE for ‘Services to Public Health’.

It changes everything! Goto ..............
This is 100ml of effectively pure (100%) nicotine for £94.70.
36mg/ml e-liquid is 3.6% nicotine.
Therefore this 100ml bottle will make 2.78 Litres of 36mg e-liquid. (DIY type)
This works out at £1.02 for a 30ml Bottle of 36mg DIY (as opposed to around £20 for the stuff we’re getting now).

But there are other, much more important factors.
It’s not Chinese.
We can buy it in our own country, therefore customs never even see it. See here for their offices: Worldwide Offices
Sigma is clearly a reputable company and will be much more acceptable to Trading Standards and the FDA than our Chinese friends.

The only downside is that handling pure nicotine is obviously very dangerous and dilution errors could have serious consequences.

The answer is for us to talk to Sigma and get them to produce 100ml bottles of 3.6%. Of course, part of the seismic change is that any flavoured e-liquid either has to come from China, or we rely on DIY. DIY is easy and I don’t see it as a problem against the massive advantage of the security of supply we gain.

We need to get ourselves organised here, and have just one person talking to them on behalf of all of us. We should use this thread to decide WHO will approach them and exactly WHAT we want.

The WHO needs to be someone with a relevant scientific qualification. I will tentatively nominate myself (I’m not a dealer, and have no intention of becoming one), but I’ll willingly yield that to anyone else with a superior qualification. I’m a Member of the Institute of Biomedical Scientists (My speciality being medical microbiology), so anyone with a chemical qualification would be more appropriate.

Let’s start talking folks.

Tarzan

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
My chemistry qualifications are equivalent to something like the first year of a chemistry degree. Relevant lab training, a good amount of theoretical knowledge, and healthy respect for the enormity of the scope of both organic and inorganic chemistry. Armed with textbooks and patience I think I'd be confident enough to work with pure nicotine (and I could set up a "safe enough" workplace for it) for my own consumption, but I wouldn't let anyone else touch what I cook up.

But I have to say, to anyone contemplating this, don't take it lightly. Diluting the nicotine incorrectly could very easily be lethal, and we're interested in mg amounts, so every drop counts (a drop is on the order of 50 mg). For example, if you don't immediately see why mixing larger quantities is safer (as far as the end product goes), just don't even think about it.

More importantly I guess, nicotine is toxic before you start using the finished liquid in an e-cig. About 15 times as toxic as arsenic, and readily absorbed through the skin.

Opening a window doesn't cut it as far as ventilating your workspace goes. You need a strong air current drawing all fumes away from you. And don't trust that any old pair of latex gloves will necessarily protect your skin.

And never work alone. In the event of acute poisoning, it's critical that someone is nearby who knows first aid and is prepared to administer it. Never be far away from a shower and wear clothes that can be torn/cut off if necessary (wearing something heavy seems sensible for protection, but it still has to come off if you spill on it, and urgently if what you spill is concentrated nicotine). You know, common sense stuff.

Be aware of the symptoms of mild poisoning (stomach pains, nausea, difficulty breathing, drooling, dizziness, etc.) so you know when to (carefully) drop what you're doing and back away, and keep relevant remedies within reach (most importantly at least one partner and a telephone).

If I can post a URL here, then Chemical and Other Safety Information from the Physical Chemistry Laboratory, Oxford University has a good safety data on a number of topics and specific substances (incl. nicotine).

Not to sound scary or anything, but 100 ml is a serious quantity. Arranging for a chem company to dilute it would absolutely be the best bet. The only problem I see is that while e-smoking is still such a politically confused issue, I can't picture any larger UK company willing to go anywhere near it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread