The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

check out what smok did again ....

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by SonnyCooL, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. RayofLight62

RayofLight62 Super Member ECF Veteran

I agree that Smok (and many others) have abysmal customer service when contacted directly. Initially, I had many similar replies from them. In broken English, and mostly useless.

My only resolve for defective gear, have been the dealers, I only use primary UK vape shops. I have always been served properly when devices were malfunctioning.

Buying direct from China is a game of chance that I refuse to play. As the budget is limited, I buy less stuff and consider proper service at face value.

If you must buy from China because it is the only possibity, you must use an escrow service. You pay a bit more, but the merchandise is flawless.

2. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2018
    i buy FROM local SMOK OFFICIAL STORE (we have one smok official here), local shop sales told me THAT IS SMOK DESIGN and leave me no choice to contact smok direct but received those response after 5 day .... unbelievable, it leave me no choice now, what i can do is never buy SMOK device anymore even i still love my NORD but that will be first n last.

3. RayofLight62

RayofLight62 Super Member ECF Veteran

Sorry. I don't say that very often.

Here in Europe things are a bit different, when you receive a faulty item, dealers can't just wash their hands - no matter what the Chinese say or want.

As I said in other occasion, I always had the Devices (including Smok) replaced or refunded in those few cases where the mod was malfunctioning.
    But, after the warranty period had expired, and the device failed, that gets chucked in the bin. Except the DNA, where I do replace the board by myself, and the Dicodes, which - simply - do never fail.

Pod systems have a tendency to die young, soon after the couple months of warranty they come with.

I share your disappointment with Smok. For the other users on the forum, I think is important to emphasise that is necessary to verify - before purchasing Smok - that the dealer or seller will directly assist for DOA or malfunctioning devices. Otherwise, there are so many valid alternatives. The Aspire AIO is same (better maybe) as the Nord; and I am waiting for an Orchid - instead of the Smok Trinity.

They can't treat customers like that.

4. F-machine

F-machine Senior Member

Nov 24, 2018
    Trapped in Asia
    So if you buy and used smok products, did you smoked? I know I did, though I didn't enjoy it. I mean the latest one. I thought I enjoyed the first one but now I realized I also didn't. Sorry, I guess we all smoked at one point.

5. SonnyCooL

Jan 12, 2018
    i bought over 100 mod and tank before buy my first smok device (last few month smok nord), which i like but total ruin in second smok .....

6. vimagreg

vimagreg Super Member

Feb 9, 2019
    I'm very sorry for what happened, but unfortunately that's Smok being Smok. I had three Smok mods till now. One died second day of use, seller replaced for a good one. This, in one week, presented paint fails, and some misfires that was ever and ever more common. Another replacement, and two days before I came back to Brazil - all this happened in Berlin. Here, three days after arriving, the thing just stopped working. Now I had to write directly to Smok, only to receive the kind of answer you received by yourself. So, for me, Smok never more.

If I want a more pop kit again I'll jump into Vaporesso wagon without even think of it (my Revenger X was bought same day as the first Smok, and until now is working like a charm here). Dreaming with an Aurora pod right now, by the way...

• Like Like x 1
  7. ArminF

ArminF Senior Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Switzerland
    Was now 4 days in Istanbul. Took 2 Nords and 2 Caliburns with me. Morning and Evening i did used the Nords as they hit harder with the same liquid and during the day i used the Caliburn.
    Both Pods did what they had to do. Served all pretty well and reliable.
    Both Pods had condensation between the connectors and the pod. Just used a paper tissue and cleaned it out.

I will try to sell my trinity and stay with the Nords. I am used to them to much.
    Have a big mouth anyway... and to often... :)

PS: The attached picture shows that religions can life side by side... Hagia Sophia (sometimes)
    istanbul.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  8. vimagreg

vimagreg Super Member

Feb 9, 2019
    What an incredible place!!!

Enviado do meu iPad usando Tapatalk

9. SonnyCooL

Jan 12, 2018
    honestly i like nord, was thinking of buying second nord but after their response, i find no reason to support them.

10. ArminF

ArminF Senior Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Switzerland
    @SonnyCooL
    Yes, i understand. Bought one here on a local shop and the second from Asia.
    I will used them until they die now or the coils are gone.

There will be more and more on the market. All jumped on the Pod train now.
    For me the only thing i have to stick to is the mouthpiece now. Would love a regulated as well.

Maybe take a look at the caliburn. Also easier to refill and charges faster.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.