• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Check your Credit Card Statements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twistie

Feb 13, 2010
Australia
You may want to be a little more discerning with which company you place orders with.

It's prudent to do a little research on companies prior to ordering. Look for reviews or if other people on forums have ordered from the place.

There are a lot of fake and dodgy websites around.

Hope you have better luck in the future.

Might be worthwhile posting the places that burned you, to prevent others from falling into the same trap.

Cheers

Twist

Kimmyw

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
QLD Australia
You may want to be a little more discerning with which company you place orders with.

It's prudent to do a little research on companies prior to ordering. Look for reviews or if other people on forums have ordered from the place.

There are a lot of fake and dodgy websites around.

Hope you have better luck in the future.

Might be worthwhile posting the places that burned you, to prevent others from falling into the same trap.

Cheers

Twist

This wasnt a dodgy website, it was someone getting my credit card details from somewhere and trying to use it themselves...

Twistie

Feb 13, 2010
Australia
This wasnt a dodgy website, it was someone getting my credit card details from somewhere and trying to use it themselves...

Ok. Don't think there is much you can do about it other than check for viruses and malware on your PC. Tracking it down will be near impossible I think.

I had the same thing happen to me a year or two back. The Falcon called asking if I made such and such a transaction for shoes and cancelled the card straight away. I didn't lose anything thankfully.

dinium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
It could be anything. I got a call from the Federal Police saying that my credit card details were found at a house that was raided by Interpol in Spain (I think!) a couple of years ago.

The bank investigated and believed the details were sold online from a transaction done at a local service station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread