Chemistry question: Could propylene glycol cause depression & other symptoms as study suggests

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
@Winblows , I only use PG at 10% or less I'm sensitive to it also. It didn't happen right away but when it did, it did. I've started using PEG400 which is a PG variant. I really like it, as a MTL vaper well, I hated the clouds I was blowing and etc.

I would definitely do your due diligence as far as safety (I did, and found nothing concerning) and I would say do your own due diligence though. It is a flavor carrier like PG and also I don't have the constant VG fog.

If you enjoy your high VG juices carry on :)

I will say this though, even as a PG sensitive person I'm entirely sure it's still "safe," like I can use an inhaler and etc. if I needed to. I will say, it's not safe for CATS.

Anna

Reactions: Winblows

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
And yes stay away from Chantix there are actual, human, real documented homicides and suicides.

Anna

I knew someone relatively young, and healthy, who died in her sleep while taking Chantix.

I've always been subject to anxiety and depression, and I feel best when I'm having a coffee and a vape.

I think the bogus studies are going to keep coming, trying to prove that vaping is deadly and must be taxed (not banned, taxed, and heavily).

alvitae

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Oregon Usa
Anna mentioned earlier what I noticed about the OP. I notice this type of thing a lot. The sly innuendo masked by a seemingly innocent concern. They are smart enough to know that casting doubt is often more effective than making easy to deny claims of fact that will get people to dig their heels in.

Such as one Oriental lady on Facebook asking if the studies are true about vaping causing tinnitus because she was a little worried about it. After a couple arguments I made against her question it became glaringly obvious she was asserting the claim that vaping did indeed cause tinnitus.

Who are these people? Shills of some sort obviously but for who? Tobacco? Pharma? The government trying to get bills passed to protect tobacco taxes? (It amounts to a crap ton of money.) Would any of us be totally shocked if we found out it was all the same?

The amateur psychology behind these attempts is pretty obvious I think. The phrasing and wording always tips me off.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Anna mentioned earlier what I noticed about the OP. I notice this type of thing a lot. The sly innuendo masked by a seemingly innocent concern. They are smart enough to know that casting doubt is often more effective than making easy to deny claims of fact that will get people to dig their heels in.

Such as one Oriental lady on Facebook asking if the studies are true about vaping causing tinnitus because she was a little worried about it. After a couple arguments I made against her question it became glaringly obvious she was asserting the claim that vaping did indeed cause tinnitus.

Who are these people? Shills of some sort obviously but for who? Tobacco? Pharma? The government trying to get bills passed to protect tobacco taxes? (It amounts to a crap ton of money.) Would any of us be totally shocked if we found out it was all the same?

The amateur psychology behind these attempts is pretty obvious I think. The phrasing and wording always tips me off.
This is a well practiced strategy that organizations pay to spread disinformation against or support for an agenda. So I wouldn't put it past Big Pharma and those slimy filth attached to them.

Any flyby's like OP (new member with only 2 posts total) making BS crap like this, I say intentional disinformation trolls.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Wowza, if I've learned one thing from this thread, if my cat gets ill I am not going to bring her to the hospital. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

If I had a cat....

And if I were to extrapolate ANIMAL data to HUMANS and vice versa.

And, if I were also a COMPLETE twit.:D

You know, I didn't believe it until I job searched. It is TRUE they pay for "activism." Oh, they COUCH it in "conduct community studies" and "raise awareness about X."

LOL, the only reason I might do it is to feel like a Jehovah's witness and find out if people OTHER than myself yell stuff like, "Mind your damn business! Censored words, many censored words," in front of abortion clinics.

And man, if the way to heaven is TRULY to make as many people hate you as possible, l think the Jehovah's have a BIT of a head start, that and the ANZIs.

But as long as we don't end up in the same PLACE, well, OMG I will be minding my behaviors for a bit, and trying to Be a Better person. Because, to be quite honest, I really hope there are separate heavens (if at all) for the various religions. Like, mine would have a group of anonymous reprobates and lots of coffee and smoking and etc....

LOL.

Anna

JamminShaman

Jun 10, 2018
I would definitely do your due diligence as far as safety (I did, and found nothing concerning) and I would say do your own due diligence though. It is a flavor carrier like PG and also I don't have the constant VG fog.
Anna[/QUOTE]

As a m2l vaper I have yet to vape a juice high in VG. When you say "constant VG fog" do you mean vg vapor visually lingers around the room more than PG?

Reactions: stols001

JamminShaman

Jun 10, 2018
This is a well practiced strategy that organizations pay to spread disinformation against or support for an agenda. So I wouldn't put it past Big Pharma and those slimy filth attached to them.

Any flyby's like OP (new member with only 2 posts total) making BS crap like this, I say intentional disinformation trolls.

I'm not a "disinformation troll" LOL I've been perusing this forum since 2011ish and I had a legit question because ecigs are still new to the world and I'm trying to ascertain the long term safety of these things.
I literally bought a Kilo 1k today and experimenting with nicotine salts for the first time. It's effective I'm not vaping quite as much as usual but I'm investigating the "nic salt" chemistry created by PAX Labs (JUUL, etc)

JamminShaman

Jun 10, 2018
I knew someone relatively young, and healthy, who died in her sleep while taking Chantix.

I've always been subject to anxiety and depression, and I feel best when I'm having a coffee and a vape.

I think the bogus studies are going to keep coming, trying to prove that vaping is deadly and must be taxed (not banned, taxed, and heavily).

That's interesting. Was it suicide or what happened?

• Agree

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
That's interesting. Was it suicide or what happened?
Oh is that interesting to you? Really. Chantix is known to cause serious health problems and death, and I think you know that.

I agree with whoever posited that you might be a nasty obnoxious troll after all.

JamminShaman

Jun 10, 2018
Oh is that interesting to you? Really. Chantix is known to cause serious health problems and death, and I think you know that.

By "interesting" I meant that's weird/ concerning because I have friends and siblings who take Wellbutrin which is basically the same thing and I was asking what happened? Did her heart just stop or was it self inflicted or ? I'm a little concerned now. That's what I was asking. And I'm not a ....ing troll I asked a legitimate question directed at chemists. Thanks.

• Optimistic

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
As a m2l vaper I have yet to vape a juice high in VG. When you say "constant VG fog" do you mean vg vapor visually lingers around the room more than PG?

In general the higher the VG concentration the more vapor is produced, conversely the higher the PG concentration the more flavor will be tasted. So by tailoring the blend you can find your right balance between vapor and flavor. If you DIY or have a supplier that does custom blends.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Chantix is not really similar to Wellbutrin, honestly. They hit SOME of the same receptors and some folks react badly to it (like anxiety) but it is NOTHING compared to Chantix. That drug is a devil in a bottle, and you may be granted "wishes" but not good ones, although to be fair I think a couple folks found success.

If your cousin is having success, the main thing about Wellbutrin is it has less efficacy every time. I almost (accidentally) quit once but powered through it, so to speak, thinking "If when I want to quit I'm sure I can." (I was taking it for depression but the "quit effect" was less every time, at least in my case. I always tell people that.

WB may give anxiety and insomnia, to some, but usually not a sudden homicidal/suicidal rage and etc.

Anna

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
By "interesting" I meant that's weird/ concerning because I have friends and siblings who take Wellbutrin which is basically the same thing and I was asking what happened? Did her heart just stop or was it self inflicted or ? I'm a little concerned now. That's what I was asking. And I'm not a ....ing troll I asked a legitimate question directed at chemists. Thanks.

I tried Wellbutrin because it worked great for my brother. The first day was great. Then NO sleep. Then the voices telling me to just kill myself and get it over started. And I'm not talking that little voice in my head voices.
Called roommate home from work right then to get my pistols out of my room and hide them so I'd at least have to take time to think about it.
Dr's blew it off because I'm not a teen like the black box says. I highly doubt they reported it to the FDA like they're supposed to.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
My brother got precipitated into a pretty bad depressive anxious episode from WB. I don't think he had sudden suicidal urges. He did call the paramedics a few times during panic attacks, LOL. He said their casual blow off was "reassuring." It will activate some folks for sure.

Anan

I was already in panic is why I was trying it, the whole anxiety is very similar to depression as brain chemistry BS goes (I think that's just to sell the one size fits all SSRI/SNRI meds they have but don't really know how they work or who they'll work on). At least for anxiety, coming off them causes anxiety and puts you right back where you started even if they did help.

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I wouldn't recommend WB for anxiety, I took it but would have bad panic attacks like to the point I once collapsed on the ground walking to college and a homeless Baltimore dude asked about my welfare (LOL, uncommon). They passed each time after a few weeks but I am bipolar there were only a few antidepressants I could take. NOT SSRIs, or even NEVER tried an SNRI. Prozac got me batty in under two weeks .I was not best pleased.

But everyone's different. Etc.

Anna

Reactions: Myk

JamminShaman

Jun 10, 2018
If your cousin is having success, the main thing about Wellbutrin is it has less efficacy every time. I almost (accidentally) quit once but powered through it, so to speak, thinking "If when I want to quit I'm sure I can." (I was taking it for depression but the "quit effect" was less every time, at least in my case. I always tell people that.
Anna[/QUOTE]

what do you mean by the "quite effect" you mean when you get off and get back on it's less effective or it's harder and harder to quit every time you try?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Sorry, I meant "the quit cigarette effect." I was taking WB for depression and almost quit the first time by accident. I "kept smoking" because I was like, "if I ever need it, I can use it again."

Every time I took it though, the effect it had to make smoking less appealing was less. I can't say that's true for everyone but it was for me. Etc.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread