Chibi Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tersur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Bfe Kentucky
Syringe filling is better in my opinion because anytime you remove a grommet you are breaking the seal. Wiggling the carto around putting it back. You then may not properly reseal it. Or have moved the carto enough to cause an air leak on the bottom grommet. The syringe method will leave you with less fiddling and headaches.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I'll have to try that. sucking without hitting the button. I tried 2 different boges and couldn't get them to wick.. I set them aside and destickered (it came off in one piece!!) a resurrector, assembled the tank.. filled it let it sit for a few minutes and it's vaping great! ( so far) My husband cut the tubing a fraction of an inch shorter than I would have liked (my fault, I told him an inch and a quarter instead of an inch and a half for the xl cartos) but I am thrilled with the results! I'm getting better at punching my cartos too.. this one only took me 2 blows with the hammer :D I doubt I'll order more tubing.. I mean, how many do I really need.. I've got a whole bowl full sitting here. so if you want to order the supplies and make your own, it works.

I wanted to add.. I like to diy and make things myself. But unless you want lots and lots of these tanks, it's probably a lot less hassle to just order them from parksvaping cause their's look more polished than mine and also they sell their's so cheap. the supplies cost me around $20 shipped from amazon and I've got enough to make about 25 tanks. If you're not into diy though, you can get 4 of these tanks from parksvaping for $20.

Donnah - I looked all through this thread for an initial post about you buying parts to make your own and couldn't find it. Could you point me to it or tell me where you got got your parts. Thanks

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
I'm working on it now. My husband cut the tubing today and I just sanded it, punched a carto and assembled it. I am using a boge 2.0 and it seems dry, I'm sure the hole is large enough.. maybe it's just that the boges are packed tighter and it's harder for the juice to get in. I'm having a time getting stickers off of my cartos! Peeling them off and then tried to use goo gone.. not working. So I'm just doing the best I can till my ss smoketeck cartos get here tomorrow. the ones I'm making now are for a friend who like the boge 2.0.. that's why I'm using them, going to give her the rest of what I've got. I've got some many resurrectors that are black stickered! It's frustrating trying to get this glue off! I keep getting a dry hit off of the boge, not sure it's wicking right, but at least it's not flooding.

View attachment 68474

Here's a pic of what I just put together, you can see the hole in the carto and I can see the white filler. Maybe I just need to wait a bit longer for it to wick in. I hope I haven't ruined it by trying to vape it too soon.

Hi. :) Are you punching two holes in the Boges? The SmokTechs need one, the Boges need two (at least that's been my experience). And I fill my Boges once they're in there before I fill the tank...they seem to wick fine for me.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
Hi. :) Are you punching two holes in the Boges? The SmokTechs need one, the Boges need two (at least that's been my experience). And I fill my Boges once they're in there before I fill the tank...they seem to wick fine for me.

Thanks! I'll punch another hole in them and see how they work.

3 hours later.. I punched another hole in the boge and it's wicking good. It's just not that wonderful using the 2.0 on a 3.7 device. Hopefully the vv box I ordered will be here tomorrow.

Last edited:

Jeremy-WI

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2011
SW WI

3 hours later.. I punched another hole in the boge and it's wicking good. It's just not that wonderful using the 2.0 on a 3.7 device. Hopefully the vv box I ordered will be here tomorrow.

I actually enjoy a lot of juices with a 2.0 boge on an ego batt even with a tank, and the ego is regulated to about 3.2-3.4V

I think I am going to try a couple slotted cartos(dremel) again and possibly unflavored juice. Slots to see if I can get more use out of a carto with my juice, it could possibly filter something out(not much). A trip to the hardware store might be necessary to find what is around for fill plug material for a chibi type tank, plastic screws, rubber plugs(hopefully vinyl) and whatever else

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I actually enjoy a lot of juices with a 2.0 boge on an ego batt even with a tank, and the ego is regulated to about 3.2-3.4V

I think I am going to try a couple slotted cartos(dremel) again and possibly unflavored juice. Slots to see if I can get more use out of a carto with my juice, it could possibly filter something out(not much). A trip to the hardware store might be necessary to find what is around for fill plug material for a chibi type tank, plastic screws, rubber plugs(hopefully vinyl) and whatever else

I love unflavored juice! I had a carto last a month using it. I ordered my tank materials at amazon.. the local hardware store didn't carry polycarb tubing or vinyl grommets. you need vinyl because the rubber will ruin the juice. I use a hammer and screw to punch my cartos and am getting much better at it. The smoktech are much easier to punch (2 whaps) than the boge (lots of whaps)

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina

Yeah, I hear you. I love the 2ohm Boges around 4.5v myself. Glad you got it wicking though, good job. :)

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

Here's what I've done to make a plug for a tank. I wasn't satisfied with just a push in plug as I carry my PV in my pocket and didn't want to risk a push-in plug coming out.

I use an o-ring around each grommet when I assemble them. This has stopped the air leaking and the very small amount of liquid seeping out around the grommets at times And to fill it, I now have fill ports.

I cut off a nylon 6x32 screw for the plug and drilled and tapped a hole in the tank. Very easy to re-fill and no air leaks or flooding issues.

IMG_8991-Notta-Tanks.jpg

mke67

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2011
Englewood, NJ
Here's what I've done to make a plug for a tank. I wasn't satisfied with just a push in plug as I carry my PV in my pocket and didn't want to risk a push-in plug coming out.

I use an o-ring around each grommet when I assemble them. This has stopped the air leaking and the very small amount of liquid seeping out around the grommets at times And to fill it, I now have fill ports.

I cut off a nylon 6x32 screw for the plug and drilled and tapped a hole in the tank. Very easy to re-fill and no air leaks or flooding issues.

IMG_8991-Notta-Tanks.jpg

What is the best material for the o rings, silicone, rubber, vinyl? Also what size?

Jeremy-WI

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2011
SW WI
What is the best material for the o rings, silicone, rubber, vinyl? Also what size?

Vinyl, I will never use rubber ever again, I tried it once when my original chibi grommet started to leak from my method of filling(blunt needle between grommet and carto). You smell the odor of the rubber pretty quick when vaping

MikeE3, about what I was thinking of but the local hardware store didn't have any nylon bolts.

stephpd, wish you luck with the tanks but I think you will eventually have a burnt taste with that juice no matter what you try, dark juices clog everything up and collect on the coil. You might try dripping on an atty and clean the atty often

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Vinyl, I will never use rubber ever again, I tried it once when my original chibi grommet started to leak from my method of filling(blunt needle between grommet and carto). You smell the odor of the rubber pretty quick when vaping

MikeE3, about what I was thinking of but the local hardware store didn't have any nylon bolts.

stephpd, wish you luck with the tanks but I think you will eventually have a burnt taste with that juice no matter what you try, dark juices clog everything up and collect on the coil. You might try dripping on an atty and clean the atty often

Jeremy - I found them at Lowes. My small local h/w store didn't carry them either. If you do any ordering from McMaster's you can get a better buy on them. They also carry poly-carbonite small screws, but I think the nylon might provider a better seal as it's 'softer'.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Thanks! I'm going to look for some when I go to lowes today. Do you know what size o rings and what dept they're in? My home made tanks are doing awesome!

The Screws are nylon machine screws (Hillman brand) 60-32x1/2 inch, I cut them down w/ an X-acto knife

O-rings (Danco) are size #9, 5/8 OD x 7/16 ID x 3/32 diameter

Grommets are 5/8 OD x 5/16 ID

The grommets and O-rings at Lowes are probably 'rubber'. I just wanted to get some and didn't care. Many folks say the rubber imparts a taste to the juice and/or even smells. I haven't noticed that. But I'll likely search out vinyl and/or food grade o-rings and grommets for my next purchase.

For example:

O-rings Amazon.com: -203 EPDM O-Ring, 70A Durometer, Black, 5/16" ID, 9/16" OD, 1/8" Width (Pack of 100): Industrial & Scientific

Grommets: Amazon.com: 50 Vinyl Grommets 5/16" Bore Diameter 5/8" O.D.: Automotive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread